Mousasi Final 16?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mousasi Final 16?

Post by GOODNIGHTIRENE on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:03 am

what do you guys think? i mean he just beat the K1 HW champ shouldnt he qualify for the final 16?

also who would you like to see him fight? what about vs mousasi vs spong or manhoef rematch in K1?

sorry im kind of a k1 noob Embarassed
GOODNIGHTIRENE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mousasi Final 16?

Post by StillWill on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 am

Spong is a much better striker, Manhoef could be fun in K-1 rules but it would have to be a single match, not the in the GP. Moussasi is way too small to be in the GP, he would get knocked out.

Khan's Army

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by bordimma on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 am

yeah he's way to small
bordimma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 am

yeah he's way too small even though saki is 180 cm and gegard is 186. if kharitonov , mighty mo , and the likes have been invited to the GP , i don't see why Gegard can't play.
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Aoki on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am

he'd be great for a -100kg GP
Shiny Aoki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:16 am

so would spong and saki , but that doesn't mean they can't compete. these guys are k1 fighters , fucking bosses irl , not some american bitches who cut weight like madmen to fight smaller guys.
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 am

Mousasi/Aerts is the only fight id care to see. If he could manage to get past the Dutch Lumberjack, then he has every right to continue on in the Grand Prix.
Mighty Trust Krusher

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 am

Mousasi is no smaller than Spong or Saki.
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GOODNIGHTIRENE on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

i hope he gets another k1 fight soon.
GOODNIGHTIRENE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 pm

mousasi said his goal is to fight at HW, he already beat the best japan k1 guys so i dont see how he cant hang with most guys
blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:26 am

Gegard did in last K1 bout what MO, Manhoef , Saki , Aerts , JLB couldn't do . He also did something which nobody in K1 did by dropping Kyotaro.
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 am

He deserve a lot respect for this, but people should not forget Kyotaro was tired and did have a fight short before that.
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:20 am

I dont see why guys like Kyotaro can get a spot but guys like Mousasi cant. Obviously he would have problems with the bigger HWs but it doesnt mean he doesnt deserve to be there. Mousasi clowned Kyotaro.
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rez on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:51 am

They should give him a shot, he might not win it this time but the experience will be worth it, assuming he doesn't get hurt.
Rez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:21 am

Mousasi would KO reem.
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:11 am

It'd be interesting, that's for sure.

I'd be rooting for him
Jride
Business As Usual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 am

I think he should fight Saki. If he beats Saki, than the Turks have to acknowledge the Armenian genocide. Bombs would fly. Figuratively AND literally...
glassjaw890

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yari on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 am

Well considering last year they were trying to vote Arlovski in... Lol.

I wouldnt mind seeing Mousasi get a shot really. If he gets an easy first round and fights an damaged opponent in the second, he is already half way there.

Do they always do those votes for 2 spots or?
Yari

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 am

Yari wrote:Well considering last year they were trying to vote Arlovski in... Lol.

I wouldnt mind seeing Mousasi get a shot really. If he gets an easy first round and fights an damaged opponent in the second, he is already half way there.

Do they always do those votes for 2 spots or?

nope, i think they were just trying to get publicity, which worked i guess
blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 pm

I'd like to see him in the final 16.

Who knows whats going on with the SF LHW division? Hendo's signing with the UFC, Mo is fighting Roger, Feijao is fighting Romero. There's no relevant fight for Mousasi to take anytime soon.

I come from a long line of fighters. My maternal grandfather was the toughest guy I ever knew. World War Two veteran killed twenty men and spent the rest of the war in an Allied prison camp. My father battled blood pressure and obesity all his life. Different kind of fight. - Sensei Schrute
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:41 pm

yes i defiantly think he deserves a spot in the final 16.. i dont think he will win it all but why not...

he clowned Kyotaro but we gotta acknowledge that Kyotaro was clearly off that night.

hope he gets a chance he already proven him self as a k-1 level striker
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Depending on who he was matched up with, but hes definitely talented enough to compete... but probably not go too far. One thing I don't like about his kickboxing in the kyotaro fight is instead of checking low kicks, he pulls his leg back straight. I'm assuming hes smart enough to not do this against Ghita or something, but anyone with a kicking game could exploit the hell out of it I think. Kyotaro, while he is the 100kg champ, its almost pure paper. Its defended like what? Once a year, and the only reason he has it is because Badr was stripped and the Japanese put him in a fight where he had a sorta decent chance of winning it. Its not like he clawed his way through the rankings.
Nycto Da 6'0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Depending on who he was matched up with, but hes definitely talented enough to compete... but probably not go too far. One thing I don't like about his kickboxing in the kyotaro fight is instead of checking low kicks, he pulls his leg back straight. I'm assuming hes smart enough to not do this against Ghita or something, but anyone with a kicking game could exploit the hell out of it I think. Kyotaro, while he is the 100kg champ, its almost pure paper. Its defended like what? Once a year, and the only reason he has it is because Badr was stripped and the Japanese put him in a fight where he had a sorta decent chance of winning it. Its not like he clawed his way through the rankings.

he did knock out peter arts gokhan saki and melvin manheof, that enough for me to say kyotaro is legit
blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:47 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Depending on who he was matched up with, but hes definitely talented enough to compete... but probably not go too far. One thing I don't like about his kickboxing in the kyotaro fight is instead of checking low kicks, he pulls his leg back straight. I'm assuming hes smart enough to not do this against Ghita or something, but anyone with a kicking game could exploit the hell out of it I think. Kyotaro, while he is the 100kg champ, its almost pure paper. Its defended like what? Once a year, and the only reason he has it is because Badr was stripped and the Japanese put him in a fight where he had a sorta decent chance of winning it. Its not like he clawed his way through the rankings.

he did knock out peter arts gokhan saki and melvin manheof, that enough for me to say kyotaro is legit

He is legit. But Saki came into that fight after a war with Spong that went into extension rounds while Kyotaro KO'd Melvin in a few seconds. I don't put that much stock into it. It was still impressive though no doubt.
veprman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:16 am

blueyedsamurai wrote:

I didnt say he wasn't legit, just that because he beat "the 100kg champ" that it doesn't mean it was the best fighter at 100kgs, or even a top 3 really.
Nycto Da 6'0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next