Petrosyan vs Ngimbi for ITS SHOWTIME 70 KG title in december

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Petrosyan vs Ngimbi for ITS SHOWTIME 70 KG title in december

Post by blueyedsamurai on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:43 pm

animalfan10 wrote:I hope someone ko's Buakaw soon...I am tired of him and his moronic nuthugging fans.

Maybe Askerov can do it in January

when did u start watching kay wan? he has already been knocked out. Buakaw is the greatest fighter to ever live.
He should just go to boxing already and knock out Amir Khan and then drop weight and destroy floyd mayweather
blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:31 am

glassjaw890 wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Buakaw doesn't have shit for Petrosyan. He'll get worked with the hands of petro. Any time someone goes into a fight with a noticeable hole, regardless of how good anything else is, Petrosyan exploits it like it was their first time fighting. I'd like to see Kyshenko or now Van Roosmalin. It seems so inconvenient that Ngimbi is champ lol.

^^ MAJOR, TOTES, LULZ @ this... Buakaw would buttfuck the greasy curls right off of Petrosyan's dome in a FMT bout. It would be pure luck (or would it) that Petro would ever face Buakaw in KB rules. On the off chance that Petro beat Buakaw, beating him in in any other fashion than a boring decision, than I'll finally get with a woman...

Buakaw is EVERY bit as boring as Petrosyan...I have no fucking clue why people seem to think he is this destroyer who just goes in a wrecks fools...He doesn't and is every bit as much of a point fighter as Petrosyan...Yet petrosyan gets called out on it and overrated thai boy doesn't.

Buakaw rides out decisions like its his job..Now granted he has looked good as of late...but its against b class cans who are no threat to him at all..People have this hard on for Thai fighters...but in reality they are not the destroying machines that people make them out to be and especially Buakaw...Whenever he fights an aggressive opponent who is dangerous he does the same exact thing as Petrosyan....uses his superior skills to get a decision( while moving back)...without pressing for the knockout.

Buakaw also breaks the rules in ALOT of his fights and generally fights very arrogant.

Petrosyan would work him in a kickboxing match...buakaw's boxing is shit and his kick+grap hold+throw tactic would not work against Petrosyan...And I wouldn't be surprised if Petrosyan is the aggressor the whole match...Giorgio only seems to be defensive and counter-heavy against good boxers..and Buakaws boxing is absolutely no threat at all. Petrosyan would be the aggressor.

In a Ftr Buakaw would probably win through...but it would be by a decision in a boring way.

I said it before...If buakaw wasn't thai he wouldn't have as many fans as he does.

Last edited by animalfan10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:35 am

blueyedsamurai wrote:
animalfan10 wrote:I hope someone ko's Buakaw soon...I am tired of him and his moronic nuthugging fans.

Maybe Askerov can do it in January

when did u start watching kay wan? he has already been knocked out. Buakaw is the greatest fighter to ever live.
He should just go to boxing already and knock out Amir Khan and then drop weight and destroy floyd mayweather

I know he has been ko'ed but he is in need of another one to humble his nuthugging fans...And he is not even the best Thai....Saiyok Pumpanmuang is an he is actually exciting and very aggressive...unlike overrated Buakaw....I wouldn't mind seeing Saiyok beat Petrosyan...but why would I care to see Buakaw do it when he is every bit as much of a decision fighter..yet he never gets called out on it.

Saiyok is a beast who goes in their with bad intentions...Buakaw Rolling Eyes

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Buakaw doesn't have shit for Petrosyan. He'll get worked with the hands of petro. Any time someone goes into a fight with a noticeable hole, regardless of how good anything else is, Petrosyan exploits it like it was their first time fighting. I'd like to see Kyshenko or now Van Roosmalin. It seems so inconvenient that Ngimbi is champ lol.

This...And I would be willing to bet my account that if they ever do fight that Petrosyan would be the aggressor...Especially in k1 rules and probably in ftr aswell...Even through Buakaw has been more aggressive as of late...he would get backed up.

Both Buakaw and Petrosyan would be moving away from Van Roosmalen obviously...Not sure about Kyshenko...his huge size would be a big problem and I doubt Petrosyan/Buakaw would stand and trade with him..but who knows and Petrosyan was the aggressor against Cosmo Alexandre who had a big size advantage.

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rez on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 am

animalfan10 wrote:I said it before...If buakaw wasn't thai he wouldn't have as many fans as he does.

People don't like Buakaw because hes Thai. They like Thais because of Buakaw.
Rez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 am

buakaw isnt by any stretch a great in muay thai but he is the best muay thai fighter ever to come into adapt into k-1 rules

credit where credit is due

masato no 1 4 lyfe

Khan's Army

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 am

wow... Buakaw hater

Joe Rogan

Spoiler:

The Shamrocks
Kazushi Sakuraba
Fedor
Igor
Minowaman
Aoki
Hioki
Sandro
Hayato Sakurai
Tokoro
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Sergei
Bisping
Aleksander
Reem
Guy Mezger
Moon Wolf
Hellboy
Takanori Gomi
Shamil Zavurov
KZ
Kikuno

Melvin Manhoef
Stefan Leko
Samkor
Sam-A
Saenchai
Bovy
Anuwat
Saiyok
Masato
Buakaw
Giorgio Petrosyan
Souwer
Zambo
Andy Howson
Jordan Watson
Liam Harrison
Remy Bonjasky
Alexey Ignashov
Mike Bernardo
Peter Aerts

Chris Eubank
Nigel Benn
Prince Naz
Michael Watson
Sugar Ray
Lennox Lewis
Michael Katsidis
Erik Morales
Calzaghe
Herbie Hide
Gatti
Manny Pacquiao
Edwin Valero
David Haye
Junior Witter
RJJ
Leonard
Hagler
Roberto Duran
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:18 am

I know he has been ko'ed but he is in need of another one to humble his nuthugging fans...And he is not even the best Thai....Saiyok Pumpanmuang is an he is actually exciting and very aggressive...unlike overrated Buakaw....I wouldn't mind seeing Saiyok beat Petrosyan...but why would I care to see Buakaw do it when he is every bit as much of a decision fighter..yet he never gets called out on it.

of course he isnt the best in MT, but as will said he was the only thai to adapt to k1 rules and succeed twice on the biggest kickboxing platform. Not sure why u would want him knocked out because his fans are delusional, its not like he has anything to do with them

blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IQ Wrestler on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Petrosyan you say
Sleep

I prefer masturbating with a cheese grater then watching Boretrosyan

In fact professional wrestling is strong. - Kazushi Sakuraba
"Tiger Mask did more for mma than Dana, the fertitas, Coker" - mongolianchop
"An unfair world is sometimes unfair to even the most stunning creatures of this earth" - DieOff on Masato
"Because we are not hitting each other, we are hitting the fucking stupid people in the world who think that pro-wrestling is fake like a trained monkey show." - Yuki Ishikawa
"Id like to fist fight IQ Wrestler- mostly because i want to take his pimp cap, but also because I want to fight a Japanese guy before I die." - Hooli
IQ Wrestler
Kick•Submission•Suplex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:47 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:

of course he isnt the best in MT, but as will said he was the only thai to adapt to k1 rules and succeed twice on the biggest kickboxing platform. Not sure why u would want him knocked out because his fans are delusional, its not like he has anything to do with them

Yeah that's true...but when a fighter has so many stupid fans idk for some reason it just annoys me. Same thing with Lesnar and Pacquiao

My original comment was dumb and sounded like I was hating. I don't want some random guy to ko him that would make me a hater. But if he does go against Petrosyan/Robin/Saiyok/Parr I hope he loses...I just think he is a bit overhyped and the reputation that some people seem to have that he is this Zambidis like destroyer is annoying. He is equally as "boring" as Petrosyan and will just as gladly ride out a decision and move backward when fighting an aggressive opponent. And like I said I have no doubt in my mind that Petrosyan would be the aggressor if they ever fight again...He has been against pretty much all the Thai stylists that he has fought.

Now I could personally care less about whether a fighter goes for a decision or not..I'm not the one fighting and I have respect for different types of fighters( unlike alot of the dumbass tap-out wearing retards who watch combat sports)

Personally I would much rather watch Petrosyan or Mayweather or Buakaw than some 2 Japanese bums swinging wildly at each other for 5 rounds with shitty technique...but if its annoying how Buakaw is never called out for it when Petrosyan is...If it was up to me I wouldn't care either way for either guy.

And we all know what happens when the shitty brawlers with subpar technique fight the best technical guys...they get owned( Yuya vs Petrosyan) ( Drago vs Buakaw) etc

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapperdoo on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:17 pm

at least drago is entertaining.

i can't say i'm super pumped for a petrosyan or buakaw fight because ultimately they are boring fighters. i'd much rather watch masato. so sad he retired.

masato no 1 4 lyfe

Dapperdoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Dapperdoo wrote:at least drago is entertaining.

i can't say i'm super pumped for a petrosyan or buakaw fight because ultimately they are boring fighters. i'd much rather watch masato. so sad he retired.

masato no 1 4 lyfe

I would have liked Masato better if he actullay left Japan for a damn change and fought elsewhere...And the judging favoritism towards him was annoying at times to...through I'm not one who constantly bitches about k1 judging like a lot of idiots do...but he certainly got advantages and decisions that other fighters would not have gotten.

He was more exciting than Petrosyan or Buakaw...but the funny thing is he actullay has a lower ko to win ratio than Petrosyan (25 ko's out of 55 wins) compared to (33 ko's out of 68 wins)..And Masato did only have 63 fights which for a kickboxer is definitely on the low end..And they actullay stepped up fought outside their own country...which he would not do for whatever reason.

So he may be the "best K1 fighter" but kickboxer? No...not enough fights and he never left his country+some of the decisions he got were "odd". He was a very good fighter through and I am starting to like him more than I used to through after re-watching alot of his old fights. He had a unique style...which I don't think would have worked well against a very clever southpaw even with the favorable judging.

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 pm

buakaw can be very entertaining and then he can just be a point fighter. I dont find petrosyan very exciting but most of the time i enjoy buakaw fight.

And yeh while masato was probably my second favorite k1 max fighter the favoritism by judges was ridiculous, some of his fights that got to go an extra round made u curse the heavens, the 2004 max final was one i can clearly remember.

Then they made that 1 fight per night tournament format to favor masato so he wouldn't be injured for the final fight
blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:25 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:buakaw can be very entertaining and then he can just be a point fighter. I dont find petrosyan very exciting but most of the time i enjoy buakaw fight.

And yeh while masato was probably my second favorite k1 max fighter the favoritism by judges was ridiculous, some of his fights that got to go an extra round made u curse the heavens, the 2004 max final was one i can clearly remember.

Then they made that 1 fight per night tournament format to favor masato so he wouldn't be injured for the final fight

He was very entertaining early on...but then went through a stretch where he was really riding out decisions...and it wasn't like he was technically destroying people but just being cautious( Petrosyan vs Kraus 2009)...he was just being boring and clinching and doing the bare minimum to win...Thats the difference...In most of Petrosyan "boring or cautious" fights he was schooling people technically but just was being safe...but you could not say at all that he was doing just the bare minimum to win..with buakaw during that stretch you could say that...Buakaw has been exciting as of late but Petrosyans last 4 fights have been good to and he has the aggressor..He even backed Chahid up a bit in their fight which I didn't expect at all...

Its more Buakaws ridiculous fanboys that annoy me more than anything...The way they talk you would think he was doing spinning heel kick ko's in 90 percent of his fights or something...

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 pm

i only hate on fanboys that hype there fighter thats not even proven or that skilled.
People can hate on fedor fanboys or Baukaw fanboys but at least they are proven skilled fighters.

Brock fanboys are the people i hate, i always knew he wasnt that good and seeing him get embarrassed by cain was very satisfying
blueyedsamurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:23 am

lol I cant believe people hate on petrosyan. The best time to watch the dude fight is in the super slow-mo's because you can see his Godly defensive skills and countering. Some people make it seem like trying to get out of the way of Zambo's overhand right is a bad thing or something.
Nycto Da 6'0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:34 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:lol I cant believe people hate on petrosyan. The best time to watch the dude fight is in the super slow-mo's because you can see his Godly defensive skills and countering. Some people make it seem like trying to get out of the way of Zambo's overhand right is a bad thing or something.

Yeah you know whats funny.... Masato moved his ass away from Zambidis in both their fights aswell...Especially the 2nd one...

Here is the first fight...Zambidis got robbed but Masato did stand in front of him...but a bullshit decision for Masato

Second fight...Masato is "running" away from Zambo alot more in this one...but is doing a much better job of scoring points and gets the knockdown...Alot more defensive in this fight but he fought very cleverly...Clear win for him

Pretty much all the guys Petrosyan moves away from...Masato did aswell....Masato is the more entertaining fighter no doubt but lets be real here...He is not that much more aggressive at all( despite what that tard on here says)....Petrosyan was the aggressor against Chahid and Askerov for christ sake and he backed up Souwer in the 2nd fight...Petrosyan is way more methodical/less flashy( and has better technical skills) than Masato but he is not that much less aggressive...

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:46 am

The ONLY thing Petro is lacking is serious knockout power... but its 155 pounders, so what do you honestly expect? He has better hands, kicks, knees, head movement, speed, footwork, stamina and recovery than anyone else in kickboxing. You MAY be able to find someone who is better at a single thing, but when they actually get matched up, he's so much better at everything else that whoevers superior boxing doesn't matter anymore because they can't hit him, or get counter kneed every time they throw a punch. I really don't know how people can find him boring. Yes, you know what is going to happen each fight. He dominates the fuck out of his opponent, having 5 collective shots landed on him in a fight, while dishing out 95 of his own. He's a masterpiece though. Its not like he's running away jabbing, or refusing to stay in the pocket, or running away. He feeds off aggression, by forcing guys to commit, dodging with the hands down, and landing 4 counter shots off of that. If they don't come at him, he goes after them. Its fight strategy. He's not exploiting faulty rules a la GSP. He's not running away, Houston Alexander style. He's fighting, and dominating.
Nycto Da 6'0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 am

^^

glassjaw890

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 am

open man-crush on petro Smile
Nycto Da 6'0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:54 am

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda have one too. To say he's exciting offensively is a bit of a stretch though, my man...
glassjaw890

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:10 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:The ONLY thing Petro is lacking is serious knockout power... but its 155 pounders, so what do you honestly expect? He has better hands, kicks, knees, head movement, speed, footwork, stamina and recovery than anyone else in kickboxing. You MAY be able to find someone who is better at a single thing, but when they actually get matched up, he's so much better at everything else that whoevers superior boxing doesn't matter anymore because they can't hit him, or get counter kneed every time they throw a punch. I really don't know how people can find him boring. Yes, you know what is going to happen each fight. He dominates the fuck out of his opponent, having 5 collective shots landed on him in a fight, while dishing out 95 of his own. He's a masterpiece though. Its not like he's running away jabbing, or refusing to stay in the pocket, or running away. He feeds off aggression, by forcing guys to commit, dodging with the hands down, and landing 4 counter shots off of that. If they don't come at him, he goes after them. Its fight strategy. He's not exploiting faulty rules a la GSP. He's not running away, Houston Alexander style. He's fighting, and dominating.

great post thumbs up
Buddha_Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:The ONLY thing Petro is lacking is serious knockout power... but its 155 pounders, so what do you honestly expect? He has better hands, kicks, knees, head movement, speed, footwork, stamina and recovery than anyone else in kickboxing. You MAY be able to find someone who is better at a single thing, but when they actually get matched up, he's so much better at everything else that whoevers superior boxing doesn't matter anymore because they can't hit him, or get counter kneed every time they throw a punch. I really don't know how people can find him boring. Yes, you know what is going to happen each fight. He dominates the fuck out of his opponent, having 5 collective shots landed on him in a fight, while dishing out 95 of his own. He's a masterpiece though. Its not like he's running away jabbing, or refusing to stay in the pocket, or running away. He feeds off aggression, by forcing guys to commit, dodging with the hands down, and landing 4 counter shots off of that. If they don't come at him, he goes after them. Its fight strategy. He's not exploiting faulty rules a la GSP. He's not running away, Houston Alexander style. He's fighting, and dominating.

Great post...He also adapts his style and fights uniquely depending on the opponent which not alot of people( if any at all) do in kickboxing...When fighting a thai stylist...he moves forward and closes the distance( to get out of kicking range) and outboxes them...When fighting an aggressive puncher he mixes up his kicks/knees/punches nicely while using his footwork to get out of danger if need be. I find it really interesting to see him make adjustments and use a different approach depending on the opponents strengths and weaknesses.

The only thing I wish he would do more is use a jab...he like never jabs...He doesn't have alot of knockout power but hopefully if he fixes his hand properly that could improve...He also is not really a combination puncher( like Masato, Jwp etc) and relies more on single shots that he throws very precisely...He picks his shots more than throwing alot of combination's like some guys do....That probably affects his ko ratio to( even through he has a high ko ratio) as it is easier to get a knockout if you are a big combination throwing as opposed to more of a single shot guy.

animalfan10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2