PETRO VS. MASATO

Go down

PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:15 pm

So maybe it's been brought up before, maybe not. Who would take the W? I think Masato would, due to him being just as adept at reading opponents on the fly as Petro, but yet possessing the ability to mount an incredible hand driven offense under any circumstance. Petro has never faced the caliber of an opponent that he would find in Masato, and I honestly think that he wouldn't be able to keep his technique against another fighter who is equally as great, if not better in the technique department. To be honest, Petro's defense against hands isn't that spectacular. This is Masato's strength. Your thoughts?
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by bfnick on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:00 am

50/50 if u ask me
avatar
bfnick

Posts : 1836
Join date : 2010-08-20
Location : Greece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Wifebeater on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 am

Its definatly close since masato's boxing is teh best in Kay Wan, but Giorgio is a monster Masato has never even come close to fighting........Giorgio takes it IMO.
avatar
Wifebeater

Posts : 524
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 27
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:18 am

giorgio takes it









































































































in da butt.
avatar
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Posts : 1362
Join date : 2011-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by nodogoshi on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 am

avatar
nodogoshi

Posts : 3996
Join date : 2010-07-14
Location : Tokyo, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:24 am

I lulz every time I see this... Laughing
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by animalfan10 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 am

Idk with fair and unbiased judging? Or no...Because if it is Masatos last fight Petrosyan has to like Kraus 1 him or get a ko because they will want Masato to win...

I remember reading somewhere that Masato struggles vs Southpaws...And that he brought in Hinata often to his camp to get more used to them.


So with typical Masato judging= Masato 8/10 times lol
With fair judging....Slight edge to Giorgio but Masato could ko him and I would much rather Giorgio lost to Masato than Pramuk.

animalfan10

Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by animalfan10 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:40 am

glassjaw890 wrote:So maybe it's been brought up before, maybe not. Who would take the W? I think Masato would, due to him being just as adept at reading opponents on the fly as Petro, but yet possessing the ability to mount an incredible hand driven offense under any circumstance. Petro has never faced the caliber of an opponent that he would find in Masato, and I honestly think that he wouldn't be able to keep his technique against another fighter who is equally as great, if not better in the technique department. To be honest, Petro's defense against hands isn't that spectacular. This is Masato's strength. Your thoughts?

Completely invalidates you entire post...Are you sure you haven't got him confused with Souwer or something...That is one of his biggest strengths..Ask Kraus/Askerov/Souwer

Masato's problems is that he overextends himself and is open to countering...especially from a southpaw...His boxing is very very good but he overextends himself with his combination and I'm not so sure his combos would work on a southpaw fighter anyway..

But like I said in Japan I would bet on Masato..


animalfan10

Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 am

animalfan10 wrote:
glassjaw890 wrote:So maybe it's been brought up before, maybe not. Who would take the W? I think Masato would, due to him being just as adept at reading opponents on the fly as Petro, but yet possessing the ability to mount an incredible hand driven offense under any circumstance. Petro has never faced the caliber of an opponent that he would find in Masato, and I honestly think that he wouldn't be able to keep his technique against another fighter who is equally as great, if not better in the technique department. To be honest, Petro's defense against hands isn't that spectacular. This is Masato's strength. Your thoughts?

Completely invalidates you entire post...Are you sure you haven't got him confused with Souwer or something...That is one of his biggest strengths..Ask Kraus/Askerov/Souwer

Masato's problems is that he overextends himself and is open to countering...especially from a southpaw...His boxing is very very good but he overextends himself with his combination and I'm not so sure his combos would work on a southpaw fighter anyway..

But like I said in Japan I would bet on Masato..

I agree with you when you say that about invalidating the post. I was thinking of going back earlier and editing it to say elite level hands. Of which Kraus/Askerov/Souwer do not possess in the slightest. Petro hasn't proven any kind of ability to defend against an uber-technical pressure fighter who effortlessly blends in kicks that always seem to do maximal damage. I don't think Petro could be able to get out of range of Masato's deviously little quarter turns as he throws strikes, in fact they're like 1/8 turns really.
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Buddha_Cat on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 am

Petrosi would push Masato's shit out of his fucking chroat

let's get serious here
avatar
Buddha_Cat

Posts : 1306
Join date : 2010-11-09
Location : Worldwide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:43 am

I honestly think it would be a close fight. Masato was an offensive mastermind, using his ability to read his opponents footwork on the fly to launch well placed blitzkriegs. He was even able to read guys that would use not just feints, but counterfeints, and counter off of that. I agree with animalfan's assessment of his habit of over-committing. I also think that would be Masato's huckleberry in a fight against Petro. However, Masato over-comitted about 50% of the time. The other half he was an untouchable slip-machine. That's always been his problem, his inconsistency defensively.
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by animalfan10 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 pm

glassjaw890 wrote:
animalfan10 wrote:
glassjaw890 wrote:So maybe it's been brought up before, maybe not. Who would take the W? I think Masato would, due to him being just as adept at reading opponents on the fly as Petro, but yet possessing the ability to mount an incredible hand driven offense under any circumstance. Petro has never faced the caliber of an opponent that he would find in Masato, and I honestly think that he wouldn't be able to keep his technique against another fighter who is equally as great, if not better in the technique department. To be honest, Petro's defense against hands isn't that spectacular. This is Masato's strength. Your thoughts?

Completely invalidates you entire post...Are you sure you haven't got him confused with Souwer or something...That is one of his biggest strengths..Ask Kraus/Askerov/Souwer

Masato's problems is that he overextends himself and is open to countering...especially from a southpaw...His boxing is very very good but he overextends himself with his combination and I'm not so sure his combos would work on a southpaw fighter anyway..

But like I said in Japan I would bet on Masato..

I agree with you when you say that about invalidating the post. I was thinking of going back earlier and editing it to say elite level hands. Of which Kraus/Askerov/Souwer do not possess in the slightest. Petro hasn't proven any kind of ability to defend against an uber-technical pressure fighter who effortlessly blends in kicks that always seem to do maximal damage. I don't think Petro could be able to get out of range of Masato's deviously little quarter turns as he throws strikes, in fact they're like 1/8 turns really.

Okay I was just wondering and your right...The way to beat him is to put the pressure on him with combinations and also follow up with kicks...Going out and just throwing hail mary single shot bombs with no kicks like Kraus and Askerov did will get you owned 99 percent of the time...You have to mix kicks( especially low kicks) to wear him down and cut off some of his movement...and always throw multiple punches...not just single wild bombs..

"Petro hasn't proven any kind of ability to defend against an uber-technical pressure fighter who effortlessly blends in kicks that always seem to do maximal damage"

Well he has faced people like that but he may not be able to do it against Masato who definately is a notch higher likely than anyone he has faced...

Kraus/Askerov have good hands but their style of boxing and throwing punches does not work well on Petrosyan.....Masato style of boxing would work better even thorough he doesn't have that much better boxing than those 2...But his style of boxing and mixing it with kicks is much better for fighting someone like Giorgio. He doesn't throw single shots and he picks them alot better...he is also faster

That being said Masato has never faced anyone like Petrosyan either....Not even close and he would be throwing alot more air fists than he has in any of his other previous fights...And if the rumors of Southpaw problems are true...he may be confused+later owned as the fight progresses..


It's a really intriguing fight..I personally would pick Petrosyan as I think he would figure Masato out eventually and time his shots... but it is pretty much 50/50 and both can easily win.

But considering the fairly long retirement...I can't see Masato returning to top form...to much ring rust and I don't think he can do it anymore.

animalfan10

Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:01 am

It wouldn't look any different than his fights with Souwer, Hinata, Sato, Zambo, Krause, Cosmo, etc. I have yet to see a fight in the last 3 years where an opponent has looked less incompetent from the last when fighting Petro
avatar
Nycto Da 6'0

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:It wouldn't look any different than his fights with Souwer, Hinata, Sato, Zambo, Krause, Cosmo, etc. I have yet to see a fight in the last 3 years where an opponent has looked less incompetent from the last when fighting Petro

Who are you referring to? Surely not Masato. Don't even think of trying to proclaim the conception of a victory by decision, regarding who would win based on points. The fact of the matter is this: Masato is a finisher. POINT-MOTHER-FUCKING BLANK!!! Petro is a point based fighter. The first thing one learns in training kickboxing is defense. That being said, that greasy wop is nothing special, whatsoever. Petro rides basic defensive maneuvers for the win, while Masato always strove for the finish. For motherfucks sake, look at their individual finish percentage! Don't even try to say Petro is a better fighter, in regards to such a statistic. Petro didn't fight/finish anywhere near the competition that Masato did. Petro has, and forever will, choose the opponents that he fights. Tell me what legitimate competition Giorgio has decisively conquered, that Masato hasn't already obliterated in a dominant, non-point fighting fashion?








avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by animalfan10 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 am

glassjaw890 wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:It wouldn't look any different than his fights with Souwer, Hinata, Sato, Zambo, Krause, Cosmo, etc. I have yet to see a fight in the last 3 years where an opponent has looked less incompetent from the last when fighting Petro

Who are you referring to? Surely not Masato. Don't even think of trying to proclaim the conception of a victory by decision, regarding who would win based on points. The fact of the matter is this: Masato is a finisher. POINT-MOTHER-FUCKING BLANK!!! Petro is a point based fighter. The first thing one learns in training kickboxing is defense. That being said, that greasy wop is nothing special, whatsoever. Petro rides basic defensive maneuvers for the win, while Masato always strove for the finish. For motherfucks sake, look at their individual finish percentage! Don't even try to say Petro is a better fighter, in regards to such a statistic. Petro didn't fight/finish anywhere near the competition that Masato did. Petro has, and forever will, choose the opponents that he fights. Tell me what legitimate competition Giorgio has decisively conquered, that Masato hasn't already obliterated in a dominant, non-point fighting fashion?


All right now your just a fucking ignorant faggot..Petrosyans ko to win ratio is actually HIGHER than Masato's is.....your thinking of Buakaw who has the much lower ko to win ratio...Petro has a HIGHER ko to win ratio..Look it up

Petro also has to WIN all his fights...He doesn't have judges that take him out to dinner every Thursday night..And he fights in many different events...Masato was a bitch in the fact that he ONLY fought in k1 and never fought outside of his home country/organization...Never had to worry about the time zone differences, traveling etc

Petrosyan has fought pretty much equally tough opponents overall( over his whole career) as Masato did...and when he will retire he will have fought a much tougher group of opponents...Look at their records...Masato has not fought much tougher competition at all like your stupidly trying to say.

How does Petro choose opponents? My god you are a faggot...He never ducks anyone and fights the best..Masato on the other hand just hides in his home country and lets them fix the rules/matchups in his favor...

Masato even fought Souwer after( getting his ass beat by Souwer on 2 occasions) Petrosyan destroyed him and then retired instead of waiting 1 or 2 months...where he could have fought Petro...but he didn't want to face him so he retired. Gay move by him...especially since the judges would have won it for him anyway

glassjaw890 wrote:
For motherfucks sake, look at their individual finish percentage!


That was easy lol...You just pwnt yourself..Along with the rest of your retarded fact deprived rant. Masato fought better competition? Lol gtfo no he didn't

animalfan10

Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:10 am

And remember how close his fights with Souwer were? And how not close Petro's were? K-1Math FTW! Tell that faggot to get out of retirement, til then we can stop with these pointless hypotheticals.

Also, for the finisher you claim he is, Masato sure decisioned a lot of the actual good fighters. You can go back to 2000 if you want, and all you'll find is a finish of Kraus and Glasshenko... over 9 years. Petro's knocked out cans too.
avatar
Nycto Da 6'0

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:14 am

On another note, why did you make this thread asking opinions, then go on a know-it-all-rant when someone opposes you?

Know what happens to know-it-alls on Team takeover? They're ALWAYS wrong. Remember when the #1/2 FW in the world lay and prayed an unranked kickboxer to a bullshit decision that he would have lost in Japan? Remember when Fedor lost 3 fights in a row after all these reasons why he's gonna destroy all of them? Remember when Shogun got destroyed by Jon Jones after all his flashy stuff would get him KTFO against a REAL striker? Do I have to go on?
avatar
Nycto Da 6'0

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by bfnick on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:43 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:On another note, why did you make this thread asking opinions, then go on a know-it-all-rant when someone opposes you?

Know what happens to know-it-alls on Team takeover? They're ALWAYS wrong. Remember when the #1/2 FW in the world lay and prayed an unranked kickboxer to a bullshit decision that he would have lost in Japan? Remember when Fedor lost 3 fights in a row after all these reasons why he's gonna destroy all of them? Remember when Shogun got destroyed by Jon Jones after all his flashy stuff would get him KTFO against a REAL striker? Do I have to go on?

^^This,TT views are as delusional as it gets and its the main reason good posters leave
avatar
bfnick

Posts : 1836
Join date : 2010-08-20
Location : Greece

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:54 am

Goddammit, can none of you take a friendly joke? NONE of you? animalfan you went apeshit right away. Lulz. I'm just fucking with you guys. And yes, Nycto, I do value your opinion. <3
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by StillWill on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:26 am

Masato is the goat @ 70. I could see him outworking and putting more pressure than petrosyan can handle. His combos were p4p


Also nycoto masato dominated and knocked down souwer in their third match. He also easily won the first two rounds before having to retire(due to leg kicks in beating buakaw earliwr in the night) ibn there second fight. He was clerly the better fighter than souwer

Petrosyan is sick thpugh. Very techinical

____________________________
StillWill's Youtube Channel
avatar
StillWill
Khan's Army

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 27
Location : Oakland, CA

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:46 am

Masato's the goat because the only reason K-1 MAX existed was because they needed a division for him to fight in. Much like Pride existed for Sakuraba, and like both of them, after they started losing, the league disappeared shortly after.

And are we talking if Masato made a comeback or in dream world where he was still the dude?
avatar
Nycto Da 6'0

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2010-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Masato's the goat because the only reason K-1 MAX existed was because they needed a division for him to fight in. Much like Pride existed for Sakuraba, and like both of them, after they started losing, the league disappeared shortly after.

And are we talking if Masato made a comeback or in dream world where he was still the dude?

For the record, I hate animals. I kick them upon sight. The last squirrel I saw, I booted that sumbitch about 30 yards. Just sayin'...
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by animalfan10 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:33 pm

glassjaw890 wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Masato's the goat because the only reason K-1 MAX existed was because they needed a division for him to fight in. Much like Pride existed for Sakuraba, and like both of them, after they started losing, the league disappeared shortly after.

And are we talking if Masato made a comeback or in dream world where he was still the dude?

For the record, I hate animals. I kick them upon sight. The last squirrel I saw, I booted that sumbitch about 30 yards. Just sayin'...

I'm a hunter so no disagreement here...I would go more often but I am tired of getting raped by the insane amount of ticks that live in the hunting area. Hunting is not worth Lymes Disease.


Anyway I would have like to see Masato vs Roosmalen...That would have been awesome.

animalfan10

Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by glassjaw890 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:39 pm

animalfan10 wrote:
glassjaw890 wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Masato's the goat because the only reason K-1 MAX existed was because they needed a division for him to fight in. Much like Pride existed for Sakuraba, and like both of them, after they started losing, the league disappeared shortly after.

And are we talking if Masato made a comeback or in dream world where he was still the dude?

For the record, I hate animals. I kick them upon sight. The last squirrel I saw, I booted that sumbitch about 30 yards. Just sayin'...

I'm a hunter so no disagreement here...I would go more often but I am tired of getting raped by the insane amount of ticks that live in the hunting area. Hunting is not worth Lymes Disease.


Anyway I would have like to see Masato vs Roosmalen...That would have been awesome.

Plus, I would be hiding in the brush to pop out upon your arrival, so as to deliver a death punch square in the cawk for the usage of such intentionally hurtful language towards me. Danger averted, sir... FOR NOW. Shocked
avatar
glassjaw890

Posts : 920
Join date : 2011-03-05
Location : Sterling Heights, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PETRO VS. MASATO

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum