Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić

+3
Soy Chingon
Prince Mo
StillWill
7 posters

Go down

Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić Empty Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić

Post by StillWill Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:24 am

Go.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić Empty Re: Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić

Post by Prince Mo Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:59 am

CroCop!

He beat LeBanner in his debut and Aerts later on shocked everybody consistently but Hoost was in his way form being WGP Champ.. and to make the cycle if CroCop wins

Ernesto>Mirko>Branko
Branko>Ernesto>Mirko
Mirko>Branko>Ernesto
bounce
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić Empty Re: Prime Mirko Filipović vs Prime Branko Cikatić

Post by Soy Chingon Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 am

Cikatic had straight bricks for hands

He won the WGP when he was like 38 so imagine what he was like in the 80s

Ciktatic would get the nokaut
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Branko. The guy was already OUT of his prime when he was performing heroics in early K-1, winning the WGP and squaring off with (and beating) the Hoost's of the world.

A prime Mirko couldn't do what a post-prime Branko could and did.

As for stylistically, I still think Branko would take it. The man was a savage, and definitely ahead of Leko and Mirko as the #1 Croatian Sensation in heavyweight kickboxing history
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Im gonna go against the grain here and go with Cro Cop.

I know what Cikatic did in context is great, but if you look at his WGP run realistically besides Hoost it was pretty weak, beating an undersized Thai fighter and Satake - While Hoost had Aerts and Smith. I realize he beat Hoost again the next year (same punch), but in both fights Hoost was winning until the knockout. I think a prime, more experienced Hoost beats Branko.

I also feel that Prime (K-1) Cro Cop would beat him as well. Cro Cop IMO was more powerful, faster, bigger, hit harder, and had a much all around better game.

Of course I have only seen Cikatic fight post 1993, besides a few clips on youtube of his younger days, so I may be wrong. No doubt what he did was great though, still the oldest WGP winner.

StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by juggalo Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 am

cro cop originaly trained with branko way back in the day ironically
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

Post by stompsinyomush Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:15 am

I haven't seen much of Prime Branko other then a fight with Don the Dragon Wilson and 93 onwards but from what I seen I'd lean slightly towards Mirko but I doubt he'd knock out Branko.
stompsinyomush
stompsinyomush

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 am

Thing is they had a beef right ? Mircko was just a young gun still in early twenties and they had a big beef which left Crocop out of the grand prix for some years , cuz branko was friends with the promoters. I haven't seen Branko fight , except some old highlights , but i gotta tell ya , nothin impressive for me. Mirko all the way !
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down