Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good!

+10
blueyedsamurai
DW LiverKick
Nycto Da 6'0
Fletch
StillWill
bfnick
Buddha_Cat
Soy Chingon
juggalo
Prince Mo
14 posters

Go down

K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good! Empty K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good!

Post by Prince Mo Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 am

i dunno about you guys but im just gana pretend its not Tanikawa talking.. cant trust him that much.
Just hope its effin ture

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=676:k-1-news-and-notes-fueled-by-tanikawa-and-k-1s-new-investorsbuyers&catid=36:k-1

TUESDAY, 28 JUNE 2011 17:21 WRITTEN BY DAVE WALSH 0 COMMENTS

Watch the above video and note some of the key words that Tanikawa uses and that he does seem dead set that not only will K-1 continue on, but that K-1 will be fine. While in the past I've felt that those were empty words, I can confirm now that things are indeed looking up. The PUJI deal has actually yielded some capital for K-1 and there are some investors (or possibly even buyers) who are serious about K-1 continuing and becoming a worldwide force. The show in China that Tanikawa mentions is currently airmarked for October and does indeed seem like a reality as opposed to "Japanese Grandstanding" that we hear about.

LiverKick.com has been made aware of who some of the investors are, and confirmed through a number of sources the accuracy of the information, but will continue to keep it under wraps until the deals are finalized on all sides and the exchange of money and power have been made. What we can say is that the companies investing in K-1 are very serious about kickboxing and K-1 and have the money to make sure there are not as many hurdles. It also means that K-1's typical Japan-centric approach will be compromised as it is not a viable business model, nor is it one these new investors would support. K-1 putting on one show is a big deal, as will be paying fighters who are owed money. For all the talk of Japanese television deals, while those will be important for K-1, they will no longer be the driving force of revenue and motivation like they once were if these deals go according to plan.

K-1 is lucky that they made themselves the undeniable brand in kickboxing, mainly by establishing a set of rules that were universally adopted and by running worldwide tournaments on a yearly basis to determine who the best are. Many promotions are able to book some of the top talent from K-1, but it seems like no one can pull in all of the exact names (granted, some like It's Showtime have their own pool of talent and exclude some headscratchers of names like Teixeira and Jaideep) and pit them against each other successfully.

A K-1 looking to take a global scale seriously is a K-1 that will have multiple revenue streams and actually build up its name internationally, with a focus on Japan as a homebase but not its only base there is a greater chance for the company to succeed and prosper. Expect big things to come from K-1 if things go according to plan.
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good! Empty Re: K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good!

Post by juggalo Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Well I hope this buisness deal works out K-1 needs it badly....also i noticed they changed there name to mages....wonder what it stands for
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good! Empty Re: K-1 new buisness partners.. and things are looking good!

Post by Soy Chingon Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 pm

juggalo wrote:Well I hope this buisness deal works out K-1 needs it badly....also i noticed they changed there name to mages....wonder what it stands for

Mages is a sponsor
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:58 pm

K-1 weekly show on spike

make it happen....someone
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:02 am

I wish that K-1 returns to its former glory
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:29 am

bfnick wrote:I wish that K-1 returns to its former glory
lol
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:03 pm

bfnick wrote:I wish that K-1 returns to its former glory

FEGot

Akihiro
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:43 pm

K-1>>>>any other promotion on earth,from basketball to MMA
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:26 pm

K-1 will never be looking good as long as they have that announcer that makes Mike Goldberg look like the Voice
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 pm

The reason this all isn't public yet is because it is not a done deal.

The last show was funded entirely by FEG and it was the best that they could muster, that announcer was essentially working for free.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:K-1 will never be looking good as long as they have that announcer that makes Mike Goldberg look like the Voice

considering that guys first language was japanese, his English is excellent. He just got taught by some formal royal faggot and hence speaks like one

its good he can translate the japanese, but his voice is pretty painful
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 am

Honestly i think the Black Eyed Pees are by far the worst band nowadays.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by TJC123 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:21 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:K-1 will never be looking good as long as they have that announcer that makes Mike Goldberg look like the Voice

do you mean commentator? and who are you talking about?
TJC123
TJC123

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 pm

TJC123 wrote:

the guy who was commentating at the 63kg japan tourny stream
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by TJC123 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:23 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:
TJC123 wrote:

the guy who was commentating at the 63kg japan tourny stream

oh yea, i just didn't like the fact he was a super robot. I never knew his first language was japanese
TJC123
TJC123

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah, he is a far better ring announcer than play by play guy.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:32 pm

is his real name Max Powers cos that made me lol so much.. he sounded a like a Bruce Lee film dubbed in english..

btw is this Glorious deal still not finalized?
K-1 Will make a Golden return
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by bordimma Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 am

lol mo
bordimma
bordimma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:32 pm

I wasnt criticizing his voice, I was criticizing him for clearly not knowing what he was talking about
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapperdoo Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:45 pm

hopefully.

Dapperdoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down