Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA

+4
nodogoshi
stu4bellator
StillWill
Kid Gavilan
8 posters

Go down

Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA Empty Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA

Post by Kid Gavilan Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 am

Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA

Alistair Overeem, who was recently booted from the Heavyweight Grand Prix after refusing to fight on the September 10 date handed down by Strikeforce, has come out to big up MMA's "Rival" sport of boxing. Having already won the K-1 kickboxing world title, it seems Overeem is now angling for yet another world title in another sport...or maybe just a bigger payday. Speaking on The Fight Show with Mauro Ranallo, Overeem said:

"If I fight Klitschko now, I mean this guy, he is not for nothing the champion of how many leagues, like five? The thing is, it's an interesting thought, it's an interesting idea. Let's cut to the chase, there's a lot of money to be made in boxing. It is the most popular combat sport out there. I mean, MMA is doing really well and it might overtake boxing but boxing is still the number one. If you look at the revenues made by boxing it is a big difference, a big difference."

So is Overeem chasing titles, or is he chasing the almighty dollar, and will we ever see Overeem challenge the best MMA has to offer instead of jumping between other combat sports.

http://radio.thescore.com/episodes/alistair-overeem-july-20-2011
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA Empty Re: Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA

Post by Kid Gavilan Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 am

Starts at 27:30.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA Empty Re: Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA

Post by Kid Gavilan Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:16 am

Overeem must not know much about Boxing, "leagues"?
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 am

WBA, WBO, etc

English isnt his first language
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by stu4bellator Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:34 pm

overeem couldn't fucking cut it in boxing. i am not sure he can beat top mma hws. and i damn sure don't think he can win the k-1 gp again. he beat a broken ghokan saki, a old peter aerts.

overeem couldn't beat james toney.
stu4bellator
stu4bellator

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:10 pm

James Toney would make him look silly, but I could see Overeem possibly battering some ham and eggers.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:34 pm

stu4bellator wrote:

overeem couldn't fucking cut it in boxing. i am not sure he can beat top mma hws. and i damn sure don't think he can win the k-1 gp again. he beat a broken ghokan saki, a old peter aerts.

overeem couldn't beat james toney.

badr hari said he was one of the best...........enough said
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:17 am

Overeem is clearly top 3 HW and easily can make argument for #1.

Badr said he's top5 kick boxing so no point arguing.

boxing is very different from both and Reem mentioned it as a challenge and that he would have to have some warm up fights first ofcourse.. i dont expect him to make it to the top fast but he should be a decent mid tear in boxing
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 am

Prince Mo wrote:Overeem is clearly top 3 HW and easily can make argument for #1.

boxing is very different from both and Reem mentioned it as a challenge and that he would have to have some warm up fights first ofcourse.. i dont expect him to make it to the top fast but he should be a decent mid tear in boxing

if you get out boxed by Werdum, you would not even end up beating Tye Feilds. Sorry Boxing is a Science not a freak show.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:32 pm

CanadianAssault wrote:
Prince Mo wrote:Overeem is clearly top 3 HW and easily can make argument for #1.

if you get out boxed by Werdum, you would not even end up beating Tye Feilds. Sorry Boxing is a Science not a freak show.

i agree reem would get destroyed in boxing, but mma boxing is alot different to kickboxing/boxing. U see mauy thai/kickboxing champs and pro boxers get out punched in alot of fights just because u worry about takedowns and its hard to throw when u pushed against a cage/clinch ect
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:56 am

WHAAA MMA was a sport ?? Alistair Overeem: Boxing Is A Bigger Sport Then MMA 438321
The Last Emperor
The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down