Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible?

+9
CharlesMC206
veprman
Fletch
thearmofbarlow
armed
blueyedsamurai
CanadianAssault
Donowaman
2ez
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible? Empty How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible?

Post by 2ez Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:36 am

Assuming that Schilt actually goes out there and puts on an average to good performance its going to be a tall tall TALL task for Kyotaro to beat him. we're talking just about 6 feet vs about 7 feet- in boxing if used correctly height can be a huge advantage and in kickboxing maybe more so when you factor in those push kicks which Semmy uses often to keep his opponents at comfortable range. Hesdy Gerges actually did a great job against Semmy but he was a good 6'6 and still had problems with Sem's height. Even if Kyotaro was able to get inside and land a nice power overhand right (which is his best weapon which he used to KO Aerts) he would still have to throw that shit upwards which would naturally takes so oomph outta it. If maeda was able to score just one knock down I will be highly impressed. Does anybody else see another part of this match-up that could actually give Kyotaro a chance?
2ez
2ez

Back to top Go down

How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible? Empty Re: How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible?

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:43 am

Kyotaro has a good chin and decent power in his hands.

But that won't be enough to beat an even mediocre Schilt.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible? Empty Re: How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible?

Post by CanadianAssault Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Kyotaro to win has to start with a few Leg kicks move around alot and then go in and throw tons of body shots and he can win on points.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:12 pm

kyotaro uses the ring well for avoiding alot of strikes, he just beat aerts and drawed with lebanner but would of won the last round coz jlb was gassed.

Its a big ask, but i wouldnt count him out completly, Height is a huge advantage in kickboxing which is why shilt has been so successful.

Even hong man choi had a good run and he has aweful hands
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:31 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:kyotaro uses the ring well for avoiding alot of strikes, he just beat aerts and drawed with lebanner but would of won the last round coz jlb was gassed.

Its a big ask, but i wouldnt count him out completly, Height is a huge advantage in kickboxing which is why shilt has been so successful.

Even hong man choi had a good run and he has aweful hands

I wouldn't say he had a "good" run. He beat a bunch of cans and has a BS decision over Schilt.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:45 pm

only decent win was mighty mo....ur right, but he wouldnt of had any success if he wasnt so tall
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:51 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:only decent win was mighty mo....ur right, but he wouldnt of had any success if he wasnt so tall

Not at all. He's a big untalented guy.

Not to bash him, just being honest.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:53 pm

japanese just love massive people, its why sapp got so big over there and why coleman and kerr were so popular.

If i was some giant and couldnt find work id just go over there and do some freak show matches
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:19 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:japanese just love massive people, its why sapp got so big over there and why coleman and kerr were so popular.

If i was some giant and couldnt find work id just go over there and do some freak show matches

Donowaman FTW
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Donowaman wrote:
blueyedsamurai wrote:japanese just love massive people, its why sapp got so big over there and why coleman and kerr were so popular.

Donowaman FTW

well all u need to do is be able to pull off eccentric faces like this

How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible? Bob_sapp
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:
Donowaman wrote:

Donowaman FTW

well all u need to do is be able to pull off eccentric faces like this

How would Kyotaro go about beating Schilt? Like is it possible? Bob_sapp

*Will insert senior picture of me jumping like a queer with 09' in my hands here*
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:47 pm

i look forward to it
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:i look forward to it

I have to go take a picture of the picture with my phone. If I went and did it right now my mom would ask me what as I was doing.

Then I'd explain and look like a weirdo.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:51 pm

ur mum will understand ur contribution to this thread
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:ur mum will understand ur contribution to this thread

True.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by armed Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 pm

He'd have to run, throw one punch or kick, and run again. He'd have to run and get booed, and throw just enough punches not to get dq'd.
armed
armed

Back to top Go down

Post by thearmofbarlow Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Keep moving. Throw a LOT of leg kicks. So many that Schilt starts thinking about them. Avoid the jab. That's a HELL of a lot of jab to suck on, so don't let that happen. Use the leg kicks to limit his mobility even more early. Learn the patented Randy Couture Leg Kick Feign and Right Left Combo once he's trying to defend the leg kicks too much.

That's about the only way Kyotaro can handle Schilt. It must be said though... Kyotaro is more impressive every time I see him fight. You can tell he constantly works to improve what little holes exist in his game.
thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

http://thearmofbarlow.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Kyo is too small.... he will die by death jab / teep - Schilt's means of success

Even robotic Schilt will put him away or win all three rounds - never mind Schilt circa 2009 WGP who tore through everyone
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by armed Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:53 am

Daniel Fletcher wrote:Kyo is too small.... he will die by death jab / teep - Schilt's means of success

Even robotic Schilt will put him away or win all three rounds - never mind Schilt circa 2009 WGP who tore through everyone

Most likely. Weight classes are made-up, but schilt is out of his range.

FEG really could have filled this with competitive fighters.
armed
armed

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:24 am

He can't. He is too short. He will get beat by death jabs and body kicks.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlesMC206 Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:14 pm

He has to get inside and hit him with Leg Kicks and Body shots a plenty. His natural fighting style would not get it done though.
CharlesMC206
CharlesMC206

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 am

CharlesMC206 wrote:He has to get inside and hit him with Leg Kicks and Body shots a plenty. His natural fighting style would not get it done though.

Can't run away and stay on the outside with the death jab coming your way all the time. If he does get on the inside he has to avoid getting KO'd by knees.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Maybe he could act hurt from the jabs and counter Semmy when he gets close. Then again Semmy is so fucking big he can pick you apart from a distance.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Frank wrote:Maybe he could act hurt from the jabs and counter Semmy when he gets close. Then again Semmy is so fucking big he can pick you apart from a distance.

He would have to do it quick before he gets tired punch up so many times.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't think Kyotaro makes it out of the first round against a decent Semmy.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next