Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate

+2
Bloodstain Lane
gsx-r
6 posters

Go down

Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate Empty Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate

Post by gsx-r Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:24 pm

This sounds awesome...I wanna see Buakaw vs Kyshenko!

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/6/22/1531339/sportaccord-launches-huge-muay

Details are coming out regarding a massive international competition to be held in Beijing later this summer. From August 27 - September 4, Beijing will host the 2010 SportAccord Combat Games. These games will include 13 different combat sports, but the most exciting news yet released surrounds the Muay Thai competition. Featuring a huge number of Muay Thai fighters, both male and female, and across the full range of weight classes, these games have the potential to create a real impact on the international Muay Thai scene.

There's a ton of names involved (full list in the complete entry) but the big names include Buakaw Por. Pramuk, Yodsaenklai Fairtex, and Saenchai Sor Kingstar (arguably the top 3 pound for pound Thai fighters in the world) along with Artur Kyshenko and Marcus Oberg. The 71kg weight class is particularly stacked with Buakaw, Kyshenko, Oberg, and 3 other fighters. Although there are no specific details yet about how the fights will be structured, you have to think there is a strong chance we'll see #3 Buakaw v. #4 Kyshenko here in what would be a blockbuster showdown and a real dream fight between two men who have not yet faced off.

These games are hosted by SportAccord. Formerly known as The General Association of International Sports Federation, SportAccord's stated mission is "to unite, support and promote its Member International Sports Federations and Organisations for the co-ordination and protection of their common aims and interests, communication and co-operation, while at the same time conserving and respecting their autonomy." Which is a sort of convoluted way of saying they host Olympic-style international competitions throughout the world.

The plan is to host these Combat Games every four years, with this being the inaugural event. In addition to Muay Thai, the games will include Boxing, Wrestling, Kickboxing, Wushu, Sambo, Sumo, Aikido, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Karate, Kendo, and Taekwondo.

This is an incredibly ambitious event, and let's hope they pull it off. And that it gets some form of broadcast distribution so we can see it, because frankly, this could be really cool, and I want to see it.
gsx-r
gsx-r

Back to top Go down

Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate Empty Re: Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate

Post by Bloodstain Lane Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:34 am

ill be rooting for Kyshenko
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate Empty Re: Huge Muay Thai Competition in Bejing - Buakaw, Yod, Saenchai, Kyshenko all to participate

Post by stickyrice Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:25 pm

man...i love this guy but something is definitely off with his style lately. here's the final between him and teerapong in full muay thai rules but with full gear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xby11Be8lHE&feature=player_embedded

stickyrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 am

nice,

not sure who i like more out of buakaw and kyshenko.
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by stickyrice Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:38 am

as a Thai...even I say Kyshenko b/c he has more potential. The captain has been really fighting ugly lately though...maybe his huge growth has hurt him? BTW- your gif is awesome

stickyrice

Back to top Go down

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 am

oh its in China? is this one of those MT against San Shao things? If it is, it will be FIXED. all Chinese matches are fixed fights to make chinese fighters look good. Go watch any san shao vs MT fights you can find that are in China, they fucking bend the rules and fuck over the thai guys everytime. Why the hell do they still go over there to fight is beyond me, it must be for the paycheck.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Post by stickyrice Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:44 am

o wait...lol. i got this mixed up with the sportaccord event that was held in thailand.

but yes i know exactly what you're talking about. the chinese do this with every sport...and always shake my head when i watch these events. it's definitely for the payout. what's worse is that the muay thai guys show so much respect but chinese are so quick to laugh in their face. this has been going on for decades.

stickyrice

Back to top Go down

Post by stickyrice Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:49 am

kyshenko got schooled by a seasoned nakmuay at that event. teerapong ended up winning it in that weight class. this is the same event where last year anuwat ktfo everyone who faced him. glad they realized this year that they shouldn't make such mismatches.

yodsanklai was in this event too this year and lost in a close rematch with levin from russia.

stickyrice

Back to top Go down

Post by fightfanted Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 am

How much money will these guys get? Buakaw and Yod probably more than the rest but im wondering about the money these guys are making here.

fightfanted
Stand Up King Of Queens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down