Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011

+3
Buddha_Cat
Jride
A JUICED PIG
7 posters

Go down

It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011 Empty It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011

Post by A JUICED PIG Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:58 am

Today Head Kick Legend was made aware by a number of solid sources that Amsterdam's It's Showtime promotion, led by Simon Rutz, has been working towards a full-on assault on the American market by running shows in the US in 2011. It's Showtime late last week claimed they had big news coming up and the general rumblings were that it would simply involve Badr Hari who was being released from prison and facing a hearing this Monday. They also hinted that this big news involved K-1, whom they work closely with.

Our sources have hinted that there is a plan for multiple shows in the United States, with a possible first show happening early in 2011 in Oklahoma (a strong MMA market). It's Showtime's management company, Black Label, currently employs such world-famous kickboxers as Badr Hari, Hesdy Gerges, Tyrone Spong, Giorgio Petrosyan, Melvin Manhoef, Gago Drago, Pajonsuk and many, many more. With the right partners in the United States, It's Showtime and kickboxing in general could be a giant success.

The truth is, no one outside of K-1 has attempted to promote kickboxing on a high level, and until K-1 decides to make a US return there is no one outside of It's Showtime better equipped for running American shows. K-1's last attempts have all been in either Hawaii or Las Vegas, with the Las Vegas market all-but drying out for them near the end and the shows not promoting high level talent. To make kickboxing work in the United States you need to promote at the highest level and offer up fans intriguing fights. The average fan is internet-savvy enough to know where to look to find information out about fights right now, and if It's Showtime can provide fights with their big name fighters, they will turn some heads.

Still no word on any possible television partners or promotional partners, but it is always safe to say that when it comes to combat sports in the United States that HDnet probably has their hand in the cookie jar somehow. There have also been rumors of Strikeforce working with It's Showtime to promote fights in the United States, which makes sense when you think back to Strikeforce being a kickboxing promotion run by Scott Coker and their PR guy Mike Afromowitz formerly writing for K-1 USA, this is their roots. K-1 could also very easily have a level of involvement in this as they have always worked closely with It's Showtime and there does not seem to be an end in sight for that relationship.

Of course, remember for right now that none of this is official, but mark it as a strong rumor.

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/11/26/1836858/its-showtime-plans-to-run-events-in-the-united-states-in-2011

They should hold their 1st show in southern California IMO. And Badr Hari should definitely headline the event.

WAR "It's Showtime"
A JUICED PIG
A JUICED PIG

Back to top Go down

It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011 Empty Re: It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011

Post by Jride Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:01 am

A JUICED PIG wrote:They should hold their 1st show in southern California IMO. And Badr Hari should definitely headline the event.

I would fucking jizz.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011 Empty Re: It's Showtime Plans to Run Events in the U.S. in 2011

Post by Buddha_Cat Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 am

That's fantastic. It will be an uphill climb however. They need some TV exposure as well as strong marketing. You can put on the best K-1/It's showtime card on US soil and your average US fight fan will still watch The Ultimate fighter season re-runs.

Hopefully it's the start of something positive.
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 am

You guys will see me and Juiced at this event both wearing sunglasses like the Muay Thai coach from Fabers camp.

STAND UP FIGHTING 4 LIFE.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:51 am

God please be in california

also i would drive to vegas for this
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Hey @StillWill didnt answer this question in time before the thread got locked
"Britney I will make my judgment of you based on your answer to one question:

Are you a ground fighter or a standup fighter?"

My answer of "i whoop ass in any part of the game" was a joke.
But seriously...i havnt had a fight yet,but my instincts as of now and what i love and feel the strongest at is stand up all the way.Who wants a lay and pray,id like to get the job done quick not roll around for 3 rounds.

PS-i didnt know where to put this since the other thread was locked.
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

http://twitter.com/BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by snakerattle79 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:20 pm

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2010/11/29/1841997/simon-rutz-responds-to-its-showtime-us-expansion-rumors

Simon Rutz Responds to It's Showtime US Expansion Rumors

In case you missed it over the holiday weekend, one of the biggest international stories in the world of kickboxing is the rumored expansion of It's Showtime into the US market. As we wrote, the rumors we heard had It's Showtime planning multiple US shows in 2011, with Oklahoma identified as one of the first markets.

We reached out to It's Showtime head Simon Rutz for more information. He confirmed to HKL that IS is indeed in talks to bring shows to the United States next year, and that they have "just started to talk about this." He also confirmed that IS does have big expansion plans in 2011 and will run next year in England, Russia, Germany, and Spain.

So for now, it looks like the US plans are definitely in the works, but not quite ready to be fully confirmed just yet.

I know many of our US readers are eager to see high end kickboxing in action here in the States - we'll keep you posted as we learn more about this very exciting story.
snakerattle79
snakerattle79

http://www.steverattlemma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:20 pm

BrittanyAnnMMA wrote:Hey @StillWill didnt answer this question in time before the thread got locked

But seriously...i havnt had a fight yet,but my instincts as of now and what i love and feel the strongest at is stand up all the way.Who wants a lay and pray,id like to get the job done quick not roll around for 3 rounds.

haha i was just kidding ^_^

I respect any fighter who competes in any venue

But I love your attitude!!!!!! cheers Good luck in your fight career hopefully we can see the videos
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 pm

StillWill wrote:
BrittanyAnnMMA wrote:Hey @StillWill didnt answer this question in time before the thread got locked

haha i was just kidding ^_^

I respect any fighter who competes in any venue

But I love your attitude!!!!!! cheers Good luck in your fight career hopefully we can see the videos

haha thx!i will post vids for sure!
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

http://twitter.com/BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down