Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei!

+5
Jride
StillWill
Mighty Trust Krusher
London Calling
snakerattle79
9 posters

Go down

Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei! Empty Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei!

Post by snakerattle79 Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:03 pm

With all the chaos surrounding the upcoming Dynamite event at Saitama Super Arena on 12/31, the promotion is putting the final touches for their 12/11 event in Tokyo at Ariake Colosseum. They have their work cut out for them. Here’s how the final card looks:

Reserve fight: Ewerton Teixeira vs. Errol Zimmerman
Reserve fight: Hesdy Gerges vs. TBA
Super fight: Sergey Kharitonov vs. Singh Jaideep
WGP 2010 Tournament: Alistair Overeem vs. Tyrone Spong
WGP 2010 Tournament: Daniel Ghita vs. Gokhan Saki
Winner of Overeem/Spong vs. winner of Ghita/Saki
WGP 2010 Tournament: Semmy Schilt vs. Kyotaro (Keijiro Maeda)
WGP 2010 Tournament: Mighty Mo vs. Peter Aerts
Winner of Schilt/Kyoto vs. Winner of Mo/Aerts
Tournament finals
snakerattle79
snakerattle79

http://www.steverattlemma.com

Back to top Go down

Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei! Empty Re: Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei!

Post by London Calling Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 am

cool
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei! Empty Re: Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei!

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 am

Gerges/Edwards sounds imminent.

What the fuck is Singh Jaideep doing back in the fold? There are plenty of kickboxers that deserve a superfight ahead of him. Couldn't get Sefo or Morosanu?

Teixeira/Zimmerman will be fantastic, without a doubt.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 am

fuck yeah war sergei

I also heard he should be fighting in Strikeforce as early as February
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 am

StillWill wrote:fuck yeah war sergei

I also heard he should be fighting in Strikeforce as early as February

I would have rather seen him up against Bigfoot at the upcoming Strikeforce card instead of this. I thought they would at least give him a top 20 kickboxer.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:23 am

^^at this point im just glad to see sergei back and in good shape again, injury free
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 am

Please get Badr on this card.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by snakerattle79 Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Mighty Trust Krusher wrote:Gerges/Edwards sounds imminent.

What the fuck is Singh Jaideep doing back in the fold? There are plenty of kickboxers that deserve a superfight ahead of him. Couldn't get Sefo or Morosanu?

Teixeira/Zimmerman will be fantastic, without a doubt.

Singh Jaideep has credentials man, he is the K-1 WGP Seoul champion and Sergei is no world beater either..pretty good matchup if you ask me
snakerattle79
snakerattle79

http://www.steverattlemma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sambokid Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:25 pm

WAR SEGEI!!Sergei Kharitonov to take on Singh Jaideep in K-1 WGP Finals..War Sergei! Sergia10
sambokid
sambokid
Hellbilly Deluxe

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:07 pm

this is a good move for k1, if they can get even a little of the 1 billion people in india to support this guy then it can only be a good thing
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:54 am

snakerattle79 wrote:
Singh Jaideep has credentials man, he is the K-1 WGP Seoul champion and Sergei is no world beater either..pretty good matchup if you ask me

I just don't see anything special in him. All his victories could be accounted for being coupled with a tall frame and an average skill-set. The Asia GP just didn't impress me all too much when his best win of the tournament was Taiei Kin.

I'd like to see him prove me wrong though. I just think since Kharitonov at least shows minimal leg kick defense now, he's going to outbox the hell out of Jaideep.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:12 am

^^ to be fair Sergei is only 1-1 in k-1, with a win over a not so great fighter
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 am

StillWill wrote:^^ to be fair Sergei is only 1-1 in k-1, with a win over a not so great fighter

but he smoked Sato, like he was supposed to do.
His lone loss isn't bad at all in hindsight, Ghita has been on an absolute tear outside of his losses to Schilt and Balrak.

Maybe asking for Sefo was pushing it, but I think Kharitonov can hang with fighters like Morosanu and Poturak, which imo would lead to better fights than the Jaideep bout.

I do understand how they're trying to open up to a new, large audience in India by giving him these high profile match-ups though...
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 pm

can't fucking wait for this

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 pm

^^ Agreed. Sergei would take Bos cop imo, who is also coming off a nice win.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm

StillWill wrote:^^ Agreed. Sergei would take Bos cop imo, who is also coming off a nice win.

i think sergei would beat alot of the minor k1 journeymen, i couldn't see him beating the top 8 though
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by RussianTopTeam Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:25 pm

blueyedsamurai wrote:
StillWill wrote:^^ Agreed. Sergei would take Bos cop imo, who is also coming off a nice win.

i think sergei would beat alot of the minor k1 journeymen, i couldn't see him beating the top 8 though

.....YET
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:39 pm

RussianTopTeam wrote:
blueyedsamurai wrote:

.....YET

currently in the top 8 he could beat mo and aerts and possibly kyotaro
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:41 pm

^^ He already owns Semmys soul