Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC!

+11
JediMind
hemanthjava
thearmofbarlow
Wisdom Blows
Yari
Mighty Trust Krusher
CanadianAssault
The Last Emperor
snakerattle79
BrittanyAnnMMA
rcv604
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC! Empty K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC!

Post by rcv604 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:38 am

Original article: http://www.rabbit-punch.net/k-1-world-gp-2010-final-preview-its-going-to-be-epic.html#more-496

RCV’s Note: Johan Yusof is an up and coming singer / actor from Malaysia. He also happens to be a die hard K-1 and JMMA fanatic, having flew to Japan to watch Dynamite 2009 last year and witnessed Masato’s retirement fight against Andy Souwer. It is with great pleasure, that we introduce him as a guest blogger for Rabbit-Punch.net! I recommend you guys follow him on Twitter @JOHANYUSOF85.

On December 11th 2010, eight of the top Kickboxers in the world will congregate at Tokyo, Japan’s Ariake Coliseum to determine who will become the king of kings, the rightful best in the world, the 2010 K-1 World GP Champion. Though a few notable stars are missing from the tournament, this year’s final looks to be an exciting one as an eclectic mix of champions, veterans and newcomers will go head to head in a fierce battle for supremacy. Let’s take a close look at the four bouts that will take place to determine who will be the next K-1 World GP Champion.

Mighty Mo (USA) vs. Peter Aerts (Holland)

A fight between two hard-hitting veterans, both Mighty Mo and Peter Aerts are known for their devastating knockout power. Mo favoring his famed Samoan right hook that he used to slay the 7’3” giant Hong-Man Choi while Aerts being a staunch user of the high roundhouse kick that has knocked out so many opponents throughout his decorated career and on occasions, sent his opponents out on a stretcher. It’s Mighty Mo’s second foray into the tournament after being humiliated with a KO loss to the smaller Kaoklai Kaennorsing back in the 2004 K-1 World GP Final. While Aerts, the man known as “Mr. K-1″ and “The Dutch Lumberjack”, enters his 17th tournament after losing out on entering last year’s tournament. Though Mo is promising to send Aerts to the retirement home, as well as debuting a six-pack, Aerts is one man who would not back down easily and despite being 40 years of age and the eldest in the K-1 World GP roster. The former three-time K-1 World GP Champion can still put on a tough battle, just like he did in his last bout with Ewerton Teixeira. I can expect both of these men to try and knock one another out, but it won’t surprise me to see both Mo and Aerts battle to a decision.

Semmy Schilt (Holland) vs. Kyotaro (Japan)

Semmy Schilt is a monster. At 6’11” tall and weighing in at 290 pounds, the four-time and current K-1 World GP Champion is the largest fighter in the tournament and is the outright favorite to take the tournament once again. Kyotaro maybe the smaller fighter at only six feet tall and weighing in at 219 pounds, but he possesses one of the deadliest counter-right hands in the business. Not only that, he holds notable victories over the likes of Melvin Manhoef, Gokhan Saki, Peter Aerts and Jerome LeBanner, making him one of the greatest underdogs to compete in the tournament. Only problem is that Schilt is not just another “freak show attraction” the likes of which we have seen with Akebono, Bob Sapp, Montanha Silva and Hong-Man Choi. Combined with his long reach and power are his techniques, which include accurate striking and a great game plan going into his fights. A tournament powerhouse, Schilt has never been able to walk out a loser in any K-1 World GP tournament he has taken part in, be it a regional or championship tournament. Kyotaro will have a tough time dealing with the man known as “The Hightower” and with Schilt feeling disgusted that he is not the main poster boy of the K-1 World GP 2010 Final despite being the current champion. It only fuels him to crush anyone standing in his way and unfortunately, it looks like Schilt might be en route to a KO victory over Kyotaro, unless the crafty Japanese fighter has something up his sleeve.

Gokhan Saki (Turkey) vs. Daniel Ghita (Romania)

This is a barn-burner of a fight if I’ve ever seen one. When Daniel Ghita walked over to Gokhan Saki to determine Saki’s opponent in the Final during the Final Draw, fans around the world salivate with delight knowing that two of the hardest-hitting young guns of the K-1 World GP will go head to head, in a collision course that is guaranteed to rock the Ariake Coliseum to its very foundation! Saki proved how brutal he is with a stunning, yet devastating beat-down on Freddy Kemayo at the Final 16 Tournament. Not to be outdone and probably sending an early indication of who he wanted to face in the Final, Ghita turned in an equally brutal performance, knocking out Saki’s best friend and teammate Errol Zimmerman. Both men are highly competitive fighters who possess punishing strikes, solid techniques and are looking to knock each other out. Saki is known as the dark horse of the tournament, but he promises to make YOU believe that he is anything but a dark horse by winning the tournament. Ghita, who chooses to go by the way of the samurai, looks to his katana-like legs to chop Saki’s legs down, which ironically enough is one of Saki’s famed attacks as well. Unfortunately, only one of these talented young fighters will make it on into the tournament, but the question is, which of these two men will be knocked out in spectacular fashion? Combat sports fans would not want to miss out on this fight!

Alistair Overeem (Holland) vs. Tyrone Spong (Suriname)

The man known by such nicknames as “The Reem”, “The Demolition Man”, “The Dutch Cyclone” and of course, “Ubereem”. Alistair Overeem looks to erase the painful memories of the previous year, when he was knocked out of a chance to compete in the tournament finals by a rampaging Badr Hari. He’ll be taking on a man he has a long personal history with, the ever-so talented “King of the Ring”, Tyrone Spong. Both men have trained together early in their careers before setting off to make a mark on their own in the combat sports world. While Overeem choose to make Mixed Martial Arts his main battleground, Spong decided to continue fighting in Muay Thai and modified Muay Thai rules, winning championships in different weight categories as a middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight fighter. Though Overeem has had mixed success as an MMA fighter and has faced some of the toughest fighters in MMA today, he does have in his possession the Strikeforce Heavyweight Title. By taking the tournament, Overeem has the chance to make history by becoming the first man to simultaneously hold both a major MMA title in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship and the ever-prestigious K-1 World GP Title. Like Semmy Schilt, Overeem is a powerful fighter who has solid techniques, thanks in part to his years of Muay Thai training which has produced some of the most brutal knockouts in K-1 history, like his devastating knockout victory over Ewerton Teixeira during last year’s tournament. Spong on the other hand is one of the more well-rounded fighters in the roster and only gets better every single time he competes, thanks in part to his current trainer, former four-time K-1 World GP Champion Ernesto Hoost. Will Spong pull off an upset over the man heavily tipped to win the K-1 World GP Title this year or will Ubereem continue his reign of destruction over the man he once considered his training partner?

The Ariake Coliseum will play host to the K-1 World GP for the first time after the world-renowned tournament had been held in venues such as the Yoyogi National Gymnasium, the Tokyo Dome and in recent times, the Yokohama Arena. Eight fighters will walk into the arena with one goal in mind, to become the rightful “King of Kings”, but in the end, only one man will walk out as the 2010 K-1 World GP Champion!

Original article: http://www.rabbit-punch.net/k-1-world-gp-2010-final-preview-its-going-to-be-epic.html#more-496
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC! Empty Re: K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC!

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:49 am

I may be going to this Saturday instead of DEEP...
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

http://twitter.com/BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC! Empty Re: K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC!

Post by snakerattle79 Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:08 am

this K-1 event is probably one of the most exciting finals ever, despite Remy and Hari's absent.. the matchups are so damn intriguing
snakerattle79
snakerattle79

http://www.steverattlemma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:19 am

Im absolutely watchin this finals. Our proud Saki going to destroy everyone.
The Last Emperor
The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 am

King Mo is supposed to hook me up with tickets since i had a mix up and bought the wrong ones,so hopefully he will come through for me,ive never been to a K1
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by snakerattle79 Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:34 am

The Last Emperor wrote:Im absolutely watchin this finals. Our proud Saki going to destroy everyone.

possibly yes, but I'm rooting hard for Ghita to win this whole thing.. I know the chances are slim with Semmy and Ubereem around but I do believe Ghita has improved since that lost to Semmy.
snakerattle79
snakerattle79

http://www.steverattlemma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 am

Saki or Ghita. Saki fans says if he won the first round fight he will become the champ this year finals. Same with Ghita fans. Too bad they are facing in the first round. Saki our boy man Turkish Rebel im rooting Saki for life
The Last Emperor
The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:06 am

I will be watching this forsure.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:44 am

If the portal is featuring K-1, i'll be there.

two and half more days for the east coasters, I can't wait.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yari Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 am

I am so excited. Fuck UFC124. This shit is going to be awesome.
Yari
Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom Blows Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Mighty Trust Krusher wrote:If the portal is featuring K-1, i'll be there.

two and half more days for the east coasters, I can't wait.

bro, its GONNA be in the portal.
Wisdom Blows
Wisdom Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by thearmofbarlow Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 pm

I'll be watching live in full HD glory. Thank you, Mark Cuban, for giving us our proper MMA/K1 coverage...

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

http://thearmofbarlow.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:53 pm

just got the news that i cant get the tickets Mad
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by hemanthjava Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Watch K1- World GP 2010 Free Live Stream Online from Justin TV and Sopcast. K1- World GP 2010 will begin on 2010-12-11 at 08:00 – 12:30 CET.

http://www.sportsbun.com/k-1-world-gp-2010-final-live-stream-watch-online-k1-fighting/

hemanthjava

Back to top Go down

Post by JediMind Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

where'd that pretty ass girl come from?
And why is she hangin with us derelicts?

Welcome friend!
JediMind
JediMind
verbal assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 pm

WAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OVEREEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He destroyed in the 3rd round,seemed distant in the 1st and starting coming around in the 2nd
his knees are vicious
K-1 World GP 2010 Final Preview – It’s going to be EPIC! 764716
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:09 pm

BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Peter Aerts vs. Semmy Schilt was an awesome fight
Aerts is pretty insane
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 pm

and I was really looking forward to shedding tears of joy for Aerts...

A job well done for Overeem, he's definitely showing heart he has previously never possessed.

Also, Sergei looked like the drizzling shits. I honestly expected a better performance. He made Jaideep's hands look like they were made of stone. I blame the ring announcer's complete butchering of the pronounciation of Kharitonov.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:35 pm

u ahd to put this fight up wat is wrong with you Sad

now that reem is done with k1 he now can leave and let
spong rule the world of K1

within the nxt year or 2 i gurantee Spong will be WGP champ
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Congratz Overeem!

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:47 pm

was anyone up watching?
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:50 pm

BrittanyAnnMMA wrote:was anyone up watching?

yes Was an exciting & sad night at the same time
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:03 pm

I loved every minute of this.
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrittanyAnnMMA Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:19 pm

i thought it was great.Aerts a trooper
BrittanyAnnMMA
BrittanyAnnMMA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next