Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever?

5 posters

Go down

Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever? Empty Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever?

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 am

dude looked promising when he destroyed Roufus and some other people way back then he just lost it. I read it was drug related, but a real shame he had potential. Im not saying he would have been a k1 gp champ, but he could have been a real good fighter i guess.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever? Empty Re: Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever?

Post by Fletch Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:07 am

He would have never got past Dan Quinn if he hadn't fuckin kicked him in the nuts
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever? Empty Re: Is Carter Williams the biggest waste of talent ever?

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh lol i had no idea he and quinn fought. I remembet buentello beating the piss out of him a few years ago.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Post by snakerattle79 Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 am

Carter Williams is not that good to begin with..
snakerattle79
snakerattle79

http://www.steverattlemma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am

Alexey Ignashov is the biggest waste ever IMO

Thought abt this the other day when we were discussing the red scorpion, thought I would just revive this thread rather than make a new one
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am

Yeah, Alexey and Carter are two of the biggest unfulfilled talents.... difference being Alexey won titles and had success against superstar names, Carter just faded

Both should have done more than they did though.

Spoiler:
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:32 am

Alexey would have been better than remy, imo..
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 am

Potentially... who knows though, Remy earned his spot in the GOAT ranks in only a short period of time really, from sort of 2002 with his step up to the big leagues to fight Leko, through the 03 and 04 WGPs, then his third WGP win in 2008, retirement the following year..... who knows where Remy could have been, with a few more years in the sport?

But if we're putting Remy in there....

Spoiler:
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 am

Alexey just had better pure MT imo, shit is beautiful at 110 kg

also props to leko, the best way to beat a MT guy is taking advantage of their lack of hands
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 am

He did that to a fair few good MT and karate guys.... Remy, Alexey, Hooft, McDonald, Carter.... just outboxed them, forced them onto the backfoot with combos and flurries, then sat back and countered their kicks by stepping in and boxing. Shit, look at the Aerts KO... Peter was going for a knee, BOOM

As for Alexey vs Remy,

I still think Remy takes it. He doesnt get angry, doesnt get flustered, and Alexey did. Remy was always composed, always stayed cerebral, even when guys like Hoef and Hari and others forced him onto the backfoot and tried turning it into a brawl. Remy just covered up, found his space, threw those beautiful kicks and flying knees....

What you reckon Will? I just see Remy staying more composed and landing too many kicks and knees
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Tough to say, I believe he was a better Muay Thai fighter, although Remy is more of a Muay Thai fighter than a dutch kickboxer he is still that. His game is focused around keeping a high guard to defend against punches, frustrating his opponent and then attacking with kicks and knees, and the occasional flying ones that earned him his nickname..

Of course Iggy went down the wrong path, so anytime in the last 7 years I would pick Remy but before that I believe Iggy would have beaten him via having better thai boxing skills, being a 4x world thai champion.. Although I must admit I am biased, as a huge fan of Iggy and not a fan of Remy at all..

It is also interesting to note that the only time I saw Badr Hari fight conservatively was in his second fight against Alexey, and as Badr is known as the ultimate offense fighter who goes balls to the wall even against guys who knocked him out previously, I think that says something...
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:44 am

First time I saw Carter fight, i thought he was going to be the face of american kick boxing.

Shit happens man

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down