Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time.

5 posters

Go down

A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time. Empty A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time.

Post by theviewtoakill Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 am

I know i know...its old now..but I never got around to seeing it.....

Fairly disappointed to be honest.

That fight with Tarver shouldve been stopped in the 2nd round.

If it wasnt for the fact I already watch an hour and half of the film I woulve switched off.

WTF was Cortez playing at.

Seriously. Tarver knocked him down twice and was destroying Balboa. Rocky was offering no defence whatsoever. the fact he fought back deep into the round to score a knockdown himself was pretty irrelevant imo. That fight shouldve been stopped at the 1st knockdown if not the 2nd.

HANG YOUR FKIN HEAD IN SHAME CORTEZ.

Worse referee in the game. The guy is a fkin embarrasement.

Oh and why oh why did they make Larry Merchant say all those demeaning quotes about Rocky. Thats not Larry. I've listened to him for years and he never says crap like that about a fighter.

NEVER.

I know he's old and all that but I like listening to the older guys talk about the sport and he's pretty good. always with a different take on things but they made him look bad in the film.

Jim Lampley was Jim Lampley...pretty hard to screw that up. Max Kellerman was another story of couldve, wouldve, shouldve..why make him into a total douche sticking up for his boyhood hero Rocky???? Its a sad sad day when between Lampley, Merchant and Kellerman its Kellerman who ends up being the voice of reason.

PS MMA fans notice our boy Stitch as cuts man for Tarver

Was quite enjoying the film till the 2nd round...thats all.
theviewtoakill
theviewtoakill

Back to top Go down

A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time. Empty Re: A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time.

Post by Hooligan Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:01 am

I liked it for what is was. For me it kind of completed the story. I like how they had Rocky helping out Spider Ricco, or whatever his name is, that was cool.

On the dvd you can watch an alt version where Rocky wins. I like that ending better.

But re: the fight, yeah, so Hollywood.
Hooligan
Hooligan
Peace, Love, and Soccer Kicks

Back to top Go down

A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time. Empty Re: A bit bored last night and watch Rocky Balboa for the first time.

Post by theviewtoakill Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 am

Alternate ending!!! thanks. will check it out.
theviewtoakill
theviewtoakill

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 am

"Im firm but Im fair"

Cortez
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:15 am

oh lmao I thought you guys were talking about Rocky marciano.

At first I was like Evil or Very Mad

And then I was like Cool
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by DieOff Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 am

I still haven't seen this movie in correct continuity.

Always catch bits and pieces of it.
DieOff
DieOff
Devout Miley Worshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down