Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gokhan Saki calls out Badr Hari

2 posters

Go down

Gokhan Saki calls out Badr Hari Empty Gokhan Saki calls out Badr Hari

Post by Bloodstain Lane Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 pm

http://www.fightnewz.net/id70.html

GOKHAN SAKI believes he is the fastest heavyweight kickboxer in the world - and is hoping his six-year pursuit of a rematch with Badr Hari will finally bear fruit after knocking out the Moroccan’s team-mate Melvin Manhoef in sensational style.

Saki may have to wait a while longer for the contest he craves, as hot-headed Hari has announced he is taking an indefinite break from fighting to “set some things straight” following his disqualification defeat for kicking Hesdy Gerges in the face while he was down.

Saki remains hopeful that a return with the fallen former It’s Showtime heavyweight champion will happen sooner rather than later however, and is more confident than ever he can avenge his rib injury retirement defeat from their 2004 encounter when it does.

Razor-sharp and with knockout power in both hands and feet, Saki first told Fightnewz.net he wanted to get to grips with Hari again two years ago after stopping Paul Slowinski.

And after producing the performance of the night to demolish Manhoef in two rounds before Hari had his meltdown at the annual It’s Showtime event in Amsterdam, a return looks one of the most appetising matches that could be made at the moment.

Saki says he has both the speed and temperament to topple Hari, who seemed to tire after unsuccessfully trying to take out resilient Gerges with heavy punch combinations.

"I’m the fastest heavyweight in the world - 100% - and I want to fight Badr Hari," said the 2008 K-1 World Grand Prix in Hawaii tournament champion.

"It’s time to fight him - I want my rematch.

"He is the best and he is popular but I know I can beat him and I want to take his place.

"That’s why I want to fight him and I’m confident I can beat him because I train hard and I’m a tactical fighter.

"He fights like Melvin Manhoef. He goes 20 seconds on full power and after that if you make good pressing you are going to win the fight for sure.

"It's about tactics - not just fighting. Like when I fought Manhoef - it's about controlling your emotions."

Saki is of the opinion that Hari - who was also disqualified in the 2008 K-1 World Grand Prix Final for stomping on the head of a downed Remy Bonjasky - committed his latest foul against Gerges because he was frustrated and beginning to gas out.

The technical Turkish-Dutchman said: "It's not nice what he did. I think Badr was going to win but he was tired, so that’s why he made that action.

"I'm a fighter too, I know these things. It’s not good what he did."

Saki has always been renowned for his fast reflexes but looked even quicker than usual in his devastating three knockdown victory against slugger Manhoef, his fourth in a row since rebounding from an injury-affected 2009 which included three consecutive K-1 losses.

The 26-year-old nicknamed 'The Rebel' added: "I train with light guys and heavyweights - I train a lot of time for explosion and that’s why I’m so fast.

"A lot of people thought he was going to knock me out, but I know I’m faster than him.

"I felt good on the day. I trained good and I wasn’t nervous."
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Gokhan Saki calls out Badr Hari Empty Re: Gokhan Saki calls out Badr Hari

Post by Bloodstain Lane Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:51 pm

this would be a great fight...Saki has improved and honed his skills DRAMATICALLY...I believe him and Hari are the next torch bearers in K-1....would be a sick fight but I think Saki needs more time to Challenge Hari
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:14 am

I wonder what Hari is setting straight?

anyone know his background as to why he's so destructive?

Saki is really good

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:14 am

Badr Hari is what you would your stereo typical Moroccan man...brash,cocky and extremley hot headed...

There was also alot of speculation that Badr was an enforcer and debt collector for Notorious Dutch gangster Gwenette Martha

Its also known that people in Badr's enotourage are some real street dudes
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:19 am

Bloodstain Lane wrote:Badr Hari is what you would your stereo typical Moroccan man...brash,cocky and extremley hot headed...

There was also alot of speculation that Badr was an enforcer and debt collector for Notorious Dutch gangster Gwenette Martha

Its also known that people in Badr's enotourage are some real street dudes

yes i had heard stuff like tht

such a shame he's in the wrong crowd

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:21 am

it looks like Badr was on the right path after the Bojansky incident...then this happened...

This guy is such a violent entertaining fighter...when he gets his head on straight he will ATLEAST be a 3 time WGP Champ
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 am

Bloodstain Lane wrote:it looks like Badr was on the right path after the Bojansky incident...then this happened...

This guy is such a violent entertaining fighter...when he gets his head on straight he will ATLEAST be a 3 time WGP Champ

cant he just be violent within the rules set!

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down