Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment

+7
homeless mma fan
Soy Chingon
Kid Gavilan
Fletch
waingroe
nodogoshi
StillWill
11 posters

Go down

Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment Empty Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment

Post by StillWill Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 am

Yes, the Executioner, 20 time defending champ and perennial underdog and the like. Pay tribute to the legend by posting a moment!

Ill start

StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment Empty Re: Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment

Post by nodogoshi Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 am

I've been following boxing long enough, but not long enough to catch most of his illustrious career as it happened. I remember when the Trinidad fight happened, but I had no way to watch the fight at the time.

I tend to favor performances I see live much more heavily, for obvious reasons.

All that being said, three fights stand out. Hopkins-Tarver, Hopkins-Pavlik, and Hopkins-Pascal, last night. However, Hopkins-Pavlik is probably at the top of the list.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment Empty Re: Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment

Post by StillWill Mon May 23, 2011 9:47 am

I was 11 at the time and watched it with the fam Very Happy

Still remember it somehow
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by waingroe Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 am

StillWill wrote:I was 11 at the time and watched it with the fam Very Happy

Still remember it somehow

You're a youngster. I always got the vibe you were an older fella.

But as for Hopkins, I've disliked the guy for years but he has slowly won me over. I think this last Pascal fight was very impressive. He's the model of dedication, technique, and mental prowess.

And those three aspects are all things a man can earn through hard work. So I have to pay the man his due.
waingroe
waingroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Versus Jermain Taylor I

The rematch was almost as sweet, but more expected so less satisfying.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Andy Dufresne wrote:Versus Jermain Taylor I

The rematch was almost as sweet, but more expected so less satisfying.

@Waingroe sorry to dissapoint Very Happy
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 23, 2011 12:50 pm

We all know Joe C won, dont even front Post your favorite Bernard Hopkins moment 20741

Calzaghe/Hopkins was barely closer than Calzaghe/Kessler... I had Joe 2 points up
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Joe and his father, and the rest of his crew thought he had lost at the end of the fight. You could see it in their eyes.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Mon May 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Saw it live on ABC.
Alex Wallau and Dan Dierdorf were an underrated announce team.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm

StillWill wrote:Joe and his father, and the rest of his crew thought he had lost at the end of the fight. You could see it in their eyes.

Mr Roper
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by homeless mma fan Tue May 24, 2011 5:07 pm

My favorite moment is when Lampley became a B-Hop nuthugger after hating on him for so long. I also liked him schooling Pavlik and Pascal (twice).

homeless mma fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zando Thu May 26, 2011 6:12 am

vs. Pavlik .. I was so wrong with this fight.. Will never question his greatness anymore.

Zando

http://www.twitter.com/zando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Thu May 26, 2011 7:21 am

Without a doubt, the Trinidad and Pavlik fights are his defining moments (not to take away anything else from his career, he has many moments of note that I can't even count on one hand, just the ones that stick out in my mind)

The Trinidad victory was so significant because this was around the time that critics and fans alike believed Tito was practically unbeatable and Bernard came in fed crow to every one of these people. An emotional fight to this day.

The Pavlik fight stands out because many people, even including myself, thought that maybe this was the end of the road for Bernard and gave him absolutely no chance at all to win this fight. This was the bout that revitalized his career and directly lead him to the point he is at now.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by SlimJim Sat May 28, 2011 1:35 am

Favorite Bhop moment for me was after his schooling of Kelly Pavlik when he mean mugged the press row for unanimously picking him to lose.
SlimJim
SlimJim

Back to top Go down

Post by KOQ24 Sat May 28, 2011 7:48 am

When he took Pavlik to school
KOQ24
KOQ24

Back to top Go down

Post by Zando Sun May 29, 2011 9:24 pm

agree with SlimJim. We were all so wrong. Hopes he keeps at the same pace with next fights. In interviews he sounds like even warming up now Wink

Zando

http://www.twitter.com/zando

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Sun May 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Slim for the win.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down