Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year

+3
CanadianAssault
Kid Gavilan
Cable-Boy
7 posters

Go down

Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year Empty Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year

Post by Cable-Boy Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:08 pm

WBO and WBC bantamweight champion Nonito "The Filipino Flash" is back in camp for his October 22 match-up against undefeated former WBO flyweight and super flyweight champion Omar Andres Narvaez (39-0-2, 19 KOs) from Argentina.

I stopped by at the Undisputed Gym recently to talk to Donaire about a couple of things, including the upcoming challenge Narvaez poses against him, and the possibility of a future challenge coming from featherweight star Yuriorkis Gamboa from Cuba.
Advertisement

Donaire also shared how he has adapted countryman Manny Pacquiao's mentality when it comes to fighting opponents in various weights, heights and sizes. Donaire proclaimed that he is ready for all comers, for as long as they are in it for the challenge, as opposed of simply trying to get a big paycheck.

dSource - "With you promoter Bob Arum already mentioning it, what do you think about a possible match-up against Yuriorkis Gamboa in the future?"

Nonito Donaire, Jr. - "Maybe next year. I don't want to look ahead, but I think by next year, I'll be able to fight in that weight class. I always think about it like Manny (Pacquiao) thinks about it; 'it's just a street fight', that kind of mentality... you know what I mean? If you think about 'they're heavier', 'they're bigger', you've pretty much lost the fight. But if you look at it as, 'it's fair game', 'it's about what you do out there', they make the weight, they make the weight. That's how that mentality goes, and that's how Manny thinks about it. It's a fight. When you go in that ring, you never want to see how big that guy is or anything like that, because that will take you down before you even go into that ring."

dSource - "That's interesting. A lot of fight fans are actually clamoring for that fight, especially after Arum mentioned it. How do you think you match up against Gamboa?"

Nonito Donaire, Jr. - "I think that's an interesting fight. That's definitely something that I'd like to see. I like fighting good fighters out there. The Montiel fight was an incredible fight for me, and I think that Gamboa and JuanMa (Lopez) and all those guys are going to be amazing fights as well.

"What I see with Gamboa.. it's going to be power for power; speed for speed; but this time, I'm actually fighting a guy who's fast, not just someone who's trying to be fast.

dSource - "And he's pretty slick as well.."

Nonito Donaire, Jr. - "He's slick; I'm slick. It's going to be an amazing fight. I think, like with Montiel, if you do make a mistake with me, I'll make you pay for it. But I think with his speed, he'll do the same with me if I make a mistake. I can't wait to see that. I think I'm more eager for that fight than anything in that weight class. I think's that's the biggest challenge for me right now in that weight class, but for now like I said, I don't want to look ahead too much."

"It's a goal, it's a dream. I like to think about it, because for me, if I set my mind on something, I know I can do it."

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-breaks-down-possible-fight-with-gamboa--43300

Will be rooting for Donaire but Gamboa will catch him.
Cable-Boy
Cable-Boy

Back to top Go down

Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year Empty Re: Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year

Post by Kid Gavilan Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 am

Gamboa vs JuanMa 2, wait and see with me.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year Empty Re: Donaire Vs Gamboa Possible For Next Year

Post by CanadianAssault Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 am

good fight.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by joaolaitano Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 am

Great fight, I'm not sure who to root for. Crying or Very sad
joaolaitano
joaolaitano

Back to top Go down

Post by Jersey Shore Walcott Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:01 pm

This sounds amazing
Jersey Shore Walcott
Jersey Shore Walcott
Brown Pride

http://www.kinnikumantopteam.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by infuchi Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:40 pm

wow cant wait
infuchi
infuchi

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:59 pm

I doubt it happens. Too much size difference, and I don't even expect Gamboa to hang around at Featherweight.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down