Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomasz Adamek speaks

3 posters

Go down

Tomasz Adamek speaks Empty Tomasz Adamek speaks

Post by StillWill Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:18 am

“Last Saturday in Wroclaw, Vitali was untouchable for anyone. That night, after Vitali’s second round rocket punch, it was basically over,” said heavyweight title challenger Tomasz Adamek (44-2, 28 KOs) in his first interview after losing by TKO in the tenth round against WBC titleholder Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40 KO) before 43,000 fight fans in Wroclaw, Poland.

You were on the verge of tears during the post fight press conference, but 43,000 people were cheering “Dziekujemy, dziekujemy!” (We thank you!) in Wroclaw.
Of course, I did hear them. They wanted me to feel better and I’m very thankful to all of them. But it was and still is a tough time.

You acknowledged during the press conference that Vitali Klitschko was a dominant man from the beginning of the fight. What was the biggest problem for you – his reach, strength, how big he is?
All of the above. He controlled the fight, didn’t give me any chances to turn this into my fight, not his. It was nothing in particular, just the whole Vitali package.

How tough was it for you just to take the referee’s decision [to stop the fight] and walk to your corner? Your manager said that earlier you asked your trainer Roger Bloodworth to give you more rounds. You didn’t want to disappoint your fans.
My Mom said that for highlanders like me, the fight is over when one man is on the floor, but it was a referee’s decision I had to accept. I could still be there for some rounds, but I will not say that I would be able to win. I landed a nice punch fighting for survival in the seventh round, but I knew it is over for me.

Biggest moment in this fight? Second round?
Without a doubt. I got hit with a right around my ear, it was feeling like somebody connected me to 1000 volts. Vitali disconnected me from all my strength. A couple of minutes later me and my trainer Roger Bloodworth both knew that I was a different fighter, not fighting my usual style. Just one huge punch turned all the plans and tactics upside down.

Vitali suggested after the fight that you are a world class fighter, but maybe should go back to the cruiserweight division where you were undefeated champion of the world.
It will not happen. I will not starve myself and lose 20 pounds. I’m a different fighter now. Just one of the reasons why. And one more reason – what else I would have to prove there?

Roger Bloodworth said that this referee stoppage, the first in your career, will not change who you are. If so, will make you even more determined.
I know this is the case. My championship fights are not over. I have a couple of great ones in front of me. I can promise all my fans that I will never forget the moment when the referee send me to my corner.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek speaks Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek speaks

Post by Kid Gavilan Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 am

Goods stuff.
Adamek is a warrior.
HW = $$$$
Unfortunately the rumored CW tournament never went through Sad
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 am

Adamek has nothing to prove at CW. He will win a title one day. Maybe against Alexander for the WBA, or when vitali retires fight for the WBC Vacant title, or even fight wladamir in the future
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down