Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

+25
TJC123
Subvertir
Doku
Wifebeater
Soy Chingon
The Last Emperor
blueyedsamurai
juggalo
Fletch
Adamantium_Chin
Фёдор Емельяненко
DW LiverKick
Dorch
Hollywood Dang
ZuffaKiller
bfnick
StillWill
Yari
Shiny Aoki
Mighty Trust Krusher
Buddha_Cat
mcpeepants
Plasma
nodogoshi
Dapperdoo
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th Empty K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

Post by Dapperdoo Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Badr is back in K-1 as is RUSLAN KARAEV!!

Dapperdoo

Back to top Go down

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th Empty Re: K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

Post by nodogoshi Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:59 pm

In Nanjing? Really?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th Empty Re: K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

Post by Plasma Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am

manhoef is fighting too
Plasma
Plasma

Back to top Go down

Post by mcpeepants Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:04 am

Hesdy, Errol, Ben Edwards, Ruslan, Saki and spong have all been confirmed as well. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!

mcpeepants

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:27 am

mcpeepants wrote:Hesdy, Errol, Ben Edwards, Ruslan, Saki and spong have all been confirmed as well. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!

source?
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:48 am

Even excluding Aerts, Schilt, Kyotaro, this should be a fun grand prix. At least they're guaranteeing us fresh match ups.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Aoki Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:04 am

Buddha_Cat wrote:
mcpeepants wrote:Hesdy, Errol, Ben Edwards, Ruslan, Saki and spong have all been confirmed as well. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!

source?

yeah, Errol and Saki weren't mentioned by Tanikawa. I'm sure they'll be involved, though. There's 5 spots and I'd assume they go to Saki and Errol after FEG talks to Bas Boon, Aerts and 2 out of Semmy, Kyotaro and JLB. Semmy has never really been popular with K-1 because of his style, but I can't imagine them keeping a 4-time champ and semifinalist from last year out of the tournament. JLB had a rough falling out with K-1, but Tanikawa said they're in talks with him. He's the least likely out of the 3, I think. I can't imagine K-1 not involving Kyotaro, as he's their only Japanese heavyweight atm. All 3 could get in, though, if what Aerts said last year about it being his last WGP is true. It'd be a hell of a way to go out, too, being the first to beat Semmy in the Final 8.
Shiny Aoki
Shiny Aoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:24 am

There has to be at least one Japanese fighter there.

From liverkick's twitter :

@LiverKickdotcom
Liver Kick K-1 not having the WGP in Japan is extremely telling of the current market in Japan; there is none.

@LiverKickdotcom
Liver Kick Hilarious side note, Japan has no market for entertainment anymore and UFC announces they will put on a show there.

@LiverKickdotcom
Liver Kick K-1 talked about the Final 16 and possibly the Final 8 being in China, this isn't instilling a lot of confidence in Japan.
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Yari Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:45 am

Yeah, doesnt it look like an unresolved problem with GG now? Hope it can be figured out so some of their fighters make the cut.
Yari
Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 am

Buddha_Cat wrote:There has to be at least one Japanese fighter there.

@LiverKickdotcom
Liver Kick K-1 not having the WGP in Japan is extremely telling of the current market in Japan; there is none.

@LiverKickdotcom
Liver Kick Hilarious side note, Japan has no market for entertainment anymore and UFC announces they will put on a show there.

@LiverKickdotcom
Liver Kick K-1 talked about the Final 16 and possibly the Final 8 being in China, this isn't instilling a lot of confidence in Japan.

Wow, nonsensical speculation from people who know nothing about Japan.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Aoki Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:58 am

Gerges tweeted that he's fighting Errol. even though Errol wasn't announced. and they announced no matchups. I love when fighters accidentally break news
Shiny Aoki
Shiny Aoki

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:41 am

THis is Badrs year to take, I hope he meets Gerges.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 am

nodogoshi wrote:

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

I thought that was interesting. I know that MMA and K-1 have suffered in Japan over the years, but I don't believe that NO ONE is interested.
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 am

thats fucking TERRIFIC news
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by ZuffaKiller Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Message from Simon Rutz

Dear,

Hereby I declare that I will have the following fighters available for the "K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL 16" on October 29.

Badr Hari, Tyrone Spong, Daniel Ghita, Hesdy Gerges, Ruslan Karaev, Melvin Manhoef, Ben Edwards, Sergii Lashchenko, Rico Verhoeven, Anderson ‘Braddock’ Silva, Paul Slowinski, Dzevad Poturak, Mourad Bouzidi, Rustemi Kreshnik.

All of those fighters are already preparing and ready to fight on October 29. I would also like to emphasize that my company fully supports the plans to get K-1 back to the top. Considering the fact that my company has most of the leading fighters under contract, and that they are all available to FEG, I look forward to a relaunch of FEG with great confidence.

I send you my regards,

Simon Rutz European Fighting Network (IT’S SHOWTIME)

http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2011/0915_wgp_02.html

ZuffaKiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Subtitle should be "The 2nd nanjing massacre"

Oh wait.. sorry...
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorch Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:58 am

ZuffaKiller wrote:Message from Simon Rutz

Dear,

Hereby I declare that I will have the following fighters available for the "K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL 16" on October 29.

Badr Hari, Tyrone Spong, Daniel Ghita, Hesdy Gerges, Ruslan Karaev, Melvin Manhoef, Ben Edwards, Sergii Lashchenko, Rico Verhoeven, Anderson ‘Braddock’ Silva, Paul Slowinski, Dzevad Poturak, Mourad Bouzidi, Rustemi Kreshnik.

All of those fighters are already preparing and ready to fight on October 29. I would also like to emphasize that my company fully supports the plans to get K-1 back to the top. Considering the fact that my company has most of the leading fighters under contract, and that they are all available to FEG, I look forward to a relaunch of FEG with great confidence.

I send you my regards,

Simon Rutz European Fighting Network (IT’S SHOWTIME)

http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2011/0915_wgp_02.html

This showtime guy is the fucking man... hes an owner but also a fan of violence props to him for being a badass

Dorch

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 am

nodogoshi wrote:

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

Yes, absolutely nonsensical.

There are no Japanese stars in K-1's Heavyweight division, nor do they have a TV deal or any hopes of one. They've decreased their arenas for this event over the past few years at a steady rate. Are you going to deny that major networks won't touch combat sports right now because you live there?

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:51 am

I hope they bring in some sanda prospects, at least for the superfights.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 am

lol nogodoshi is still dazed , but regardless expect a long boring reply from a wobbly nogodoshi , too bad the fight's been stopped already by the ref. liverkick by undeniable truth KO. japan's dead , K1 is dead .
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:21 am

balkan_soul wrote:lol nogodoshi is still dazed , but regardless expect a long boring reply from a wobbly nogodoshi , too bad the fight's been stopped already by the ref. liverkick by undeniable truth KO. japan's dead , K1 is dead .

Wrong forum, dipshit.

DW LiverKick wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

There are no Japanese stars in K-1's Heavyweight division, nor do they have a TV deal or any hopes of one. They've decreased their arenas for this event over the past few years at a steady rate. Are you going to deny that major networks won't touch combat sports right now because you live there?

A valid point. I get annoyed by all the nonsense which permeates the MMA and combat sports "media", in general, so I made an equally reactionary post to what on a whim I perceived LK's postings to be (wrongly, on my part). I am actually quite aware K-1 is in a bad way, and of course the lack of TV deals is a very serious thing (especially if history is any guide).

There does always seem to be an excess of doom and gloom where it concerns Japanese combat sports, as I still believe that a nascent market continues to exist, if the promoters could all just stop shooting themselves in the foot. Could just be optimism. It has just always seemed that so many of the problems have originated within the ranks of the management of the promotions themselves, independent of actual fan interest and market conditions.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:41 am

IN ANY CASE

I am excite for this. If they can find a way to get Saki in.......
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapperdoo Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:54 am

I really hope they can get saki into this.

Dapperdoo

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:25 am

nodogoshi wrote:
balkan_soul wrote:lol nogodoshi is still dazed , but regardless expect a long boring reply from a wobbly nogodoshi , too bad the fight's been stopped already by the ref. liverkick by undeniable truth KO. japan's dead , K1 is dead .

Wrong forum, dipshit.

DW LiverKick wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

@LiverKickdotcom

A valid point. I get annoyed by all the nonsense which permeates the MMA and combat sports "media", in general, so I made an equally reactionary post to what on a whim I perceived LK's postings to be (wrongly, on my part). I am actually quite aware K-1 is in a bad way, and of course the lack of TV deals is a very serious thing (especially if history is any guide).

There does always seem to be an excess of doom and gloom where it concerns Japanese combat sports, as I still believe that a nascent market continues to exist, if the promoters could all just stop shooting themselves in the foot. Could just be optimism. It has just always seemed that so many of the problems have originated within the ranks of the management of the promotions themselves, independent of actual fan interest and market conditions.

No worries, it's cool. Sometimes I have to talk in hyperbole on Twitter due to character limits and to get people's attention.

I hear a lot of shit from people who just can't let go or refuse to look objectively at Japan right now. Japan's whole entertainment industry is in a state of flux right now and their more traditional forms of entertainment are starting to shift. On top of that, on a global scale there are more and more companies and industries who have said, "eh, fuck Japan."

Microsoft seeing the 360 pulled from shelves in Japan and saying, "eh, they are less than 13% of the global marketshare, we won't miss them" was big and confusing. At this point stuff like videogames, films and even fighting have taken a shift away from Japan. Where Japan was seen as the home of these things and always creating some of the best in each, there has been less and less reliance on Japan to be the gold standard. UFC had to really sample from Japan and live in its shadow for a long time, and now they are planning a victory lap show there.

K-1 has become very reliant on other people to make their shows happen. K-1 MAX shows are KRUSH shows on a bigger stage now, and some people are confused as to why the WGP is happening in China but the MAX show is happening in Japan. Those people are also largely dense, like I said, it is just a glorified KRUSH card (I love KRUSH, granted) with Japanese names and new guys they are trying to make national stars like KENTA.

The WGP they might not be able to get the guys that Japanese fans have cared about in the past, guys like Alistair Overeem (well duh at this point), Jerome Le Banner, Ray Sefo and Peter Aerts, so taking the show to China and having it be a glorified It's Showtime card in a new country might work best for them right now. It would be a tough sell in Japan with only Badr Hari's name, especially with how little PR he does there and how long he has been away.

Nanjing is a weird place to hold it, as it isn't even the biggest fight market in China and the television network they have is only aired in Nanjing, but you do what you gotta do I guess?

Edit: I should note, Japan will rise again in this shit, it is all just a giant cycle.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:28 am

It's also pretty crazy how little people care about this.

If I said "K-1 farted" 6 months ago people were all ears, now K-1 announces the Final 16 and I've gotten next to no feedback. Even twitter is pretty dead for it.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next