Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky

+10
Dapperdoo
animalfan10
DW LiverKick
Subvertir
Prince Mo
Buddha_Cat
Nycto Da 6'0
Rez
Miike
juggalo
14 posters

Go down

What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky Empty What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky

Post by juggalo Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 am

He is a very disliked fighter in kick boxing, what do you think of his style or his attitude?

juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky Empty Re: What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky

Post by Miike Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:16 pm

He's a very good fighter, he used to do wild spectacular things with his flying knees and shit, but as he got older he got more carefull, trying to win fights on points instead of trying to knock his opponments out. he also has a good block and tries not to get hit that often..that's why people don't like him that much anymore, i think fighters dont like him because when he got stomped on by badr hari in the gp, he didn't really get hit that hard but he stayed down to get the easy win instead of trying to knock badr's head of for what he just did..but then again there was 400.000,- on the line and he'd be the K1 gp winner..

The man's a fuckin beast tho..still dont see a lot of people fucking with him, shame he stopped
Miike
Miike

https://www.youtube.com/user/M4CHETE076#p/a/u/0/q200g9uk8wY

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky Empty Re: What is your opinion of Remy Bonjasky

Post by Rez Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Probably my favorite stylist from K1 heavyweights.

Getting fouled by Sapp and Hari, well I think he could and should have continued (he would have won both anyway),
but then neither of them would have been disqualified when they should be. Probably get yellow carded but that's about it.

His acting is pretty bad, so I don't think he deserved that oscar, then again giving prizes for art is stupid, so whatever.

Rez
Rez

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:03 pm

He's a great fighter, a nice person, and has some great highlights, but he's a bitch in the ring and has an attitude is better suited for soccer.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:04 pm

I find it so hard to dislike someone in kickboxing though because they basically all bring it. I would be a hardcore Remy fan if he was the same dude in MMA
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Miike wrote:He's a very good fighter, he used to do wild spectacular things with his flying knees and shit, but as he got older he got more carefull, trying to win fights on points instead of trying to knock his opponments out. he also has a good block and tries not to get hit that often..that's why people don't like him that much anymore, i think fighters dont like him because when he got stomped on by badr hari in the gp, he didn't really get hit that hard but he stayed down to get the easy win instead of trying to knock badr's head of for what he just did..but then again there was 400.000,- on the line and he'd be the K1 gp winner..

The man's a fuckin beast tho..still dont see a lot of people fucking with him, shame he stopped

This basically.

Great technique but he wasn't a "fans first" fighter especially later where it was only about the result. The Badr/Sapp incidents were two of the gayest things ever seen in a kickboing ring.

Still, he was very skilled. I think he had a couple of tournaments left in him. Too bad about his eye
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by juggalo Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Miike wrote:He's a very good fighter, he used to do wild spectacular things with his flying knees and shit, but as he got older he got more carefull, trying to win fights on points instead of trying to knock his opponments out. he also has a good block and tries not to get hit that often..that's why people don't like him that much anymore, i think fighters dont like him because when he got stomped on by badr hari in the gp, he didn't really get hit that hard but he stayed down to get the easy win instead of trying to knock badr's head of for what he just did..but then again there was 400.000,- on the line and he'd be the K1 gp winner..

I agree as well he is a beast but different these days, maybe hippolyte will awaken the beast again some day
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:09 pm

he is one that will settle of DQ decisions..

i dont respect that.

but greatest legs/kicker
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by Subvertir Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 am

Remy is a baaad motherfucker, one of the best ever, a true professional, and in my opinion he doesn't get the respect he deserves. He goes in there to fight clean and win, not to get punished for our enjoyment. Does anyone really think that Badr reacted better when Ruslan hit him late?

Remy's style is beautiful, as far as I'm concerned. He kinda adapted the classic Tyson peek-a-boo guard to kickboxing, he's a master of dictating the range and fighting his fight, his kicks are absolutely brutal and if he feels like pouring it on, he'll fly across the ring like a gazelle and punt a motherfucker in the cranium.

And for the record: Remy legitimately won both of those fights against Badr. Watch that 2007 fight - Remy shuts down Badr's offense, walks him down for three rounds and lights him the fuck up. By the third, Badr had nothing left in the tank. Remy also legitimately won the Alistair fight - throws don't fucking count, okay? Alistair hardly landed ANY clean shots on him on the way to getting dropped.

tl;dr remy is awesome, haters gonna hate.

Subvertir

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Bonjasky was absolutely incredible, always one of my favorites. He may have taken a more defensive stance against opponents later on, but he still found a way to be explosive when he wanted to be (watch the Remy/Saki fight from the WGP in '08 for proof of that) and end fights.

The DQs that he took should not reflect poorly upon him at all, he simply refused to continue after the refs refused to do their job. Notice how when Badr kicked Gerges in It's Showtime the ref immediately called the fight off? That is what a ref is supposed to do, not warn him or give him a fucking yellow card.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Subvertir wrote:Remy is a baaad motherfucker, one of the best ever, a true professional, and in my opinion he doesn't get the respect he deserves. He goes in there to fight clean and win, not to get punished for our enjoyment. Does anyone really think that Badr reacted better when Ruslan hit him late?

Remy's style is beautiful, as far as I'm concerned. He kinda adapted the classic Tyson peek-a-boo guard to kickboxing, he's a master of dictating the range and fighting his fight, his kicks are absolutely brutal and if he feels like pouring it on, he'll fly across the ring like a gazelle and punt a motherfucker in the cranium.

And for the record: Remy legitimately won both of those fights against Badr. Watch that 2007 fight - Remy shuts down Badr's offense, walks him down for three rounds and lights him the fuck up. By the third, Badr had nothing left in the tank. Remy also legitimately won the Alistair fight - throws don't fucking count, okay? Alistair hardly landed ANY clean shots on him on the way to getting dropped.

tl;dr remy is awesome, haters gonna hate.

Please explain that to the dumbass Buakaw fanboys

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dapperdoo Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:21 pm

REMY REMY REMY.

My favourite kickboxer of all time. He had such a sexy style, with absolutely amazing kicks, and even though his technique with his punches wasn't the greatest, it looked amazing. Guys like Hari and Manhoef were just pissed off at him because they couldn't touch him because of his amazing defense.

Don't make me go on about his flying kicks and knees. Brilliant. His KO of Saki is the most brutal KO i've ever seen. A Bonjasky flying kick to the ribs, what in the world is more painful than that? That shit leaves you helpless and in pain.

Dapperdoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:26 am

legend , like him or not
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wifebeater Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 am

Very STUNNING Black Man. I bet his Cawk is EUUUGE.
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by Miike Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 am

My tribute to him
Miike
Miike

Back to top Go down

Post by Subvertir Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Hahah, love the soundtrack Wink

Subvertir

Back to top Go down

Post by Miike Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 am

hehe
Miike
Miike

Back to top Go down

Post by juggalo Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:11 am

nice tribute
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Miike Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:17 am

juggalo wrote:nice tribute

thanks
Miike
Miike

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaac Haze Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:23 pm

ONLY defensive fighter in K-1 history.Some hate but Its a game to him. Its frustrated most of his opponents into getting KTFO, Maybe the greatest right leg.
Isaac Haze
Isaac Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasma Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 pm

he a sick fighter, but he layed on the floor like a bitch when he got stomped by hari
Plasma
Plasma

Back to top Go down

Post by Wifebeater Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 am

What's my opinion on Remy Bonjasky?

I wouldnt be mad if i Drop the soap in jail with him..... gay
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down