Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A form of boxing with only body punching?

5 posters

Go down

A form of boxing with only body punching? Empty A form of boxing with only body punching?

Post by nodogoshi Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:17 am

This is a strange idea I just had, but how would this go, I wonder.

Bluntly speaking, boxing has a problem with head injuries. Also, I absolutely love me some good body punching.

So, why not make a form of boxing in which the only legal punches are to the body?

Strange idea, probably won't ever happen, but just something I thought of this moment.

Personally, I think it would be entertaining.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

A form of boxing with only body punching? Empty Re: A form of boxing with only body punching?

Post by Rez Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:47 am

Don't think it would work. I spar boxing with my brother with the same rules you propose, due to no head gear and we rarely land anything clean.

You have to be distracted from defending one surface area to another in order to leave an opening, and protecting the brain takes priority, so the body is open for clean strikes.

Rez
Rez

Back to top Go down

A form of boxing with only body punching? Empty Re: A form of boxing with only body punching?

Post by London Calling Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 pm

body spars are boring to watch and boring to do
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah, I agree with you guys. It was just a thought. I use to box, and I've also done body sparing while drunk at parties before.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:15 am

Could see it as some kind of safe version for kids or something
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rez Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 am

nodogoshi wrote:Yeah, I agree with you guys. It was just a thought. I use to box, and I've also done body sparing while drunk at parties before.

Oh, hmm.

Now see, that could work. Use the smallest gloves possible and agree to blood alcohol percentage (not too much not too little) and we may have something.

Rez
Rez

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 am

we used to always do it in school.. was funny at times but just so boring how the other would cover up his whole body with his arms and you cant get nothing through
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:58 am

London Calling wrote:body spars are boring to watch and boring to do

This
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down