Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG

+7
blueyedsamurai
rcv604
barato
Azzaroth
Stu3ufc
stickyrice
Bloodstain Lane
11 posters

Go down

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG Empty One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG

Post by Bloodstain Lane Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:40 pm

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG Andy_Hug_b5

Last edited by Bloodstain Lane on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG Empty Re: One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG

Post by stickyrice Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:26 am

yes...RIP. Teddy and I used to always talk about these old guys.

stickyrice

Back to top Go down

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG Empty Re: One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG

Post by Bloodstain Lane Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 am

Nawin if you get a chance seek out the Documentary about him online...it has some of the low's and high's of his career,the impact his death had on the fighters of K-1,The Japanese fans and his family...its the first time in my life I ever cried to a movie or documentary...not only was this guy a class act,a fighter with unstoppable heart and a samurai spirt,he was also a world class husband and father....RIP "Blue Eyed Samurai"...Axe Kicks ALL DAYYYYYYY

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG Andy_hug_comic
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by stickyrice Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:05 am

will do! i love people who can impact others like that. Thanks!

stickyrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 am

Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 am

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG Ziqd93

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 am

One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG 14wg0gk
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 am

brings a fucking tear to my eye

WAR CRO COP AND ANDY HUG
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzaroth Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Been searching a long time for an adequate Andy Hug highlight/documentary, much appreciated bloodstain!
Andy Hug was the mother fucking man in every respect. One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG 371256
Azzaroth
Azzaroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:36 pm

RIP ANDY HUG! August 24th 2000-2010

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by barato Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:38 am

Andy Hug. Today marks the 10 year anniversary of his death. I don't know what I could add that hasn't already been said by countless of others about this great fighter and great person.

Andy was a traditional Kyokushin fighter. He competed and won in Kyokushin tournaments, full contact karate tournaments and wanted to test himself in K1 against the world's top kickboxers. Andy looked forward to it as a challenge. It was a challenge he took to make himself a better fighter and to prove to himself and to others that he belonged. Not only did he belong, but he excelled in the K1 tournaments and had great wars with and beat a who's who of K1 fighters at the time.

Andy was physically undersized when it came to K1, but his heart was the biggest in the world, not only in the ring but out of it as well. His iron will, never say die attitude, fierce striking in the ring, and humble and respectful spirit outside of it gained him many nicknames in Japan. Typhoon, The Iron Man, The Blue Eyed Samurai. They all characterized Andy's ferocity in the ring, yet his gentle and humble spirit within.

You can't find anyone out there who has a bad thing to say about Andy Hug the fighter or Andy Hug the person. A true martial artist in all aspects of life. Andy Hug September 7, 1964–August 24, 2000. Gone, but never forgotten. RIP

barato
barato

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 am

Let us never forget the Blue Eyed Samurai.
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:50 pm

an awesome fighter, a guy that came from karate which didnt allow blows to the head to winning the k1 grand prix is amazing
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:09 am

its just crazy that his last fight was the month before he died.

his KO against Mike Bernardo in the 96 final is one of my favourites.
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Bloodstain Lane wrote:One of the most influential fighters in my life...ANDY HUG 14wg0gk
I was going to say: "When Crocop used an axe kick on Pat, I thought of Andy" I then noticed the GIF right after thinking this. RIP

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 am

Watched the 93 and 94 GP finals recently for the first time, my questions to those more well informed are:

under what rules was his fight with that other Karateka guy ?

wtf @ his KO loss to Patrick Smith? Down for the second time and then as he's getting up and the ref is stepping between them, he gets dropped again and the ref calls it. Thats such bs
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericco Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:51 pm

His death was so gruesome RIP Sad
Jericco
Jericco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down