Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito

5 posters

Go down

The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito Empty The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito

Post by rcv604 Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm

http://www.rabbit-punch.net/the-hangover-from-pacquiao-margarito.html

It’s not a secret, we here at Rabbit-Punch.net are HUGE Manny Pacquiao fan boys, we love Pac-Man. How can you not admire the speed, the footwork, the angles, and of course the power. Fighters like him in any combat sport are a rarity and we don’t have too many like Manny come around too often. He IS the greatest boxer of our generation and last night at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, he showed the world exactly why. Going into this fight, I’m not going to lie, I was very afraid for Manny (I usually am). Manny has made a career out of shocking the world and proving the doubters wrong, but this opponent was the biggest (size wise) of them all.

Antonio Margarito on fight night weighed 165lbs compared to Manny’s 148lbs, that’s a seventeen pound weight difference! Not only that, Margarito is 5’11 and has 73 inches of reach. Manny is only 5’6, with 67 inches of reach. On paper, this was supposed to be the greatest challenge of all. Margarito the bigger, the more stronger fighter, with both the height, and reach advantage. It sounded like all the cards were stacked up against Filipino superstar. Many people were also questioning Manny’s focus going into training camp, even wondering if he still even cared about boxing. Well all the questions we had regarding both Margarito and Pacquiao were answered that fateful night.

From the bell in the first round to the last bell in the twelfth, it was Manny all the way. Margarito in beginning of the fight was trying to utilize his jab, control the distance, and bully Pacquiao. But Manny was able to use his trade mark foot work and speed to his advantage. Moving in and out of the pocket, Manny was able to land fast and accurate strikes to the body and face of Antonio Margarito. There were times when Margarito would land big power punches to Manny, even was able to throw a few flurries while Pacquiao was trapped on the ropes. But by the end of the sixth round, Margarito had a huge cut underneath his right eye. That cut would just get bigger and bigger as the fight went on. Manny hit Margarito so much in the fight, both of his eyes were nearly shut. I was personally surprised that they didn’t stop the fight in the ninth round. As the fight drew near to the end, Manny slowed down his pace, and he ended up choosing not to finish off Margarito.

At the end of the night, Pacquiao scored the unanimous decision and an 8th world title. He now holds eight world titles in eight different weigh classes! Scores were 120-108, 118-110, 119-109. Even though this wasn’t Manny’s finest performance, he is already considered one of the P4P greats, and fans will be talking about this fight for a long time. After the bout he answered many questions, including the one regarding his possible retirement, which apparently won’t be happening anytime soon according to the champ.

So what is next? Will the dream match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. finally happen? Will Margarito and camp get in trouble for the banned substance, Hydroxycut found prior to the fight? What was the issue with the hand wraps prior to this fight as well?

All controversy aside, what a wonderful performance by Pacquiao, and a great display of heart from Antonio Margarito. This was a great way to finish off a great weekend of combat sports.

The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito Ouch
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito Empty Re: The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito

Post by sambokid Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 am

Great work as always Rcv.Pacman is the Fucking man!It is sad that pacman has more wins this year in Cowboys stadium then my boys do Sad But who could they possible get to fight Pacman next?The only way I see Maywheather fight happening is if Floyd gets desperate for mola with all this legal drama he's got going on.After that i don't have a clue who the pacster will battle next.As far as Margarito,his stock is in the shitter right now.
sambokid
sambokid
Hellbilly Deluxe

Back to top Go down

The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito Empty Re: The Hangover from Pacquiao / Margarito

Post by CanadianAssault Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 am

Gnarly!!
war pacman!
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom Blows Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 am

watch pacman fight paul williams next. lol.
Wisdom Blows
Wisdom Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:52 am

Pacman will fight Samuel Peter next.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom Blows Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 am

if pacman signed onto fight paul, i would shit myself.
Wisdom Blows
Wisdom Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 am

sambokid wrote:Great work as always Rcv.Pacman is the Fucking man!It is sad that pacman has more wins this year in Cowboys stadium then my boys do Sad But who could they possible get to fight Pacman next?The only way I see Maywheather fight happening is if Floyd gets desperate for mola with all this legal drama he's got going on.After that i don't have a clue who the pacster will battle next.As far as Margarito,his stock is in the shitter right now.

Agreed, hopefully Mayweather will agree to terms already. He's being a bitch, the money for this fight is promised already. It's a guaranteed sell. All he needs to do is sign the contract.

And thanks for the props bro, sorry about the Cowboys season not being the way it should have been.
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 am

What do you guys think of the hydroxycut controversy, also the handwrapping issue, and that alleged ephedra drink Margarito was supposed to have.

I personally think the Texas Athletic Commission is fucked up. We had the issues with the Strikeforce: Houston event with the fighters using the oxygen cans, now this. For combat sports, they seem pretty loose if you know what I mean.
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 am

what happen with maragito handwraps and hydroxycut? I did't hear a thing about that.

I'm gonna have to google it!
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 am

CanadianAssault wrote:what happen with maragito handwraps and hydroxycut? I did't hear a thing about that.

I'm gonna have to google it!

Yes please investigate CA!
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down