Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France.

+3
Fletch
StillWill
The Big Kabosh
7 posters

Go down

Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France. Empty Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France.

Post by The Big Kabosh Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:21 am

I prefere Mosab Amrani vs Gago Drago and Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem III.
That would be 2 great fights! thumbs up

Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France. 001222b
The Big Kabosh
The Big Kabosh

Back to top Go down

Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France. Empty Re: Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France.

Post by StillWill Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 am

Amrani /Drago would be amazing! I dont wanna see Reem/Hari three as much because I know my boy Reem is gonna get KTFO in a rubbermatch. Also he has the SF GP to compete in.

Id like to see Badr/Saki or Badr/Ghita

Also I want to see Manhoef fight! Against anyone! Perhaps a rematch with Leko.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France. Empty Re: Which fight would you like to see in May at It's Showtime Lyon, France.

Post by The Big Kabosh Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:26 am

Yeah Saki vs Badr II would be legend, but Saki vs Overeem would also be a great fight or Melvin Manhoef vs Gegard Mousasi. bom
The Big Kabosh
The Big Kabosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:49 am

StillWill wrote:
Also I want to see Manhoef fight! ..... Perhaps a rematch with Leko.

This

Literally THE perfect fight. A highly skilled technician with top class boxing, versus a wild, powerful and lightning fast power punching whirlwind.

The first time was PAINFUL - they're my favourite standup fighters in the world. So THEN - first it hurt to see Melvin outclassed... then in the blink of an eye, it hurt to see Leko lose what would have been a great win and comeback, and suffer a freak injury.
NOW? They're both in decline. So why not? Either Leko earns a win he should have had already (he won both rounds, then his foot broke) or Manhoef scores a legit win over a legend opponent, and gets back in the saddle!

This is THE fight I want from It's Showtime. Because whatever happened, it wouldnt hurt. Just two fading G's, two battle scarred warriors, laying it on the line for the fans

Manhoef vs Leko II

Lets fucking have it.

cheers
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by afavdotinfo Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:26 am

Mosab Amrani vs. Fabio Pinca (FMT)
Ramzi Tamaditi vs. Armen Petrosyan
Badr Hari vs. Hesdy Gerges
Gokhan Saki vs. Nathan Corbett (FMT)
Melvin Manhoef vs. Tyrone Spong
Youness El Mhassani vs. Artem Levin or Dimitri Valent (FMT)
Andy Souwer vs. Chris Ngimbi
L'Houcine Ouzgni vs. Johan Lydon
Mootje Khamal vs. Jordan Watson (FMT)

Last edited by afavdotinfo on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
afavdotinfo
afavdotinfo

http://www.afav.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Relakz Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:28 am

I'm starting to wonder if Fletch is talking about the same fight we all saw when he speaks about Manhoef vs Leko. Using the word "outclassed" is such an exaggeration, it really is funny. The fight was pretty much even with the first round a draw in my eyes and the 2nd round slightly in favor of Manhoef because of the solid punches he started to land in the second half of the round. The fight was really just a matter of Leko landing kicks and Manhoef landing the better punches.

Anyway, I really like the idea of Amrani vs Drago. That fight has fireworks written all over it. Whoever suggested Badr vs Ghita, good job. That fight would be fun.

I'd also like to see Kyshenko get another fight at either -70kg or -77kg. I want to see if this move to Mike's Gym will really put him over the top. I'm pretty sure he's already schedule for a fight on It's Showtime sometime this year, just not sure which one.
Relakz
Relakz
Leeds sucks Dookie finger

Back to top Go down

Post by Relakz Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:29 am

Just remembered Kyshenko is scheduled to fight Drago I think in March.
Relakz
Relakz

Back to top Go down

Post by afavdotinfo Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:33 am

Mosab will probably fight Fabio at this event
afavdotinfo
afavdotinfo

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:15 pm

afavdotinfo wrote:Mosab Amrani vs. Fabio Pinca (FMT)
Ramzi Tamaditi vs. Armen Petrosyan
Badr Hari vs. Hesdy Gerges
Gokhan Saki vs. Nathan Corbett (FMT)
Melvin Manhoef vs. Tyrone Spong
Youness El Mhassani vs. Artem Levin or Dimitri Valent (FMT)
Andy Souwer vs. Chris Ngimbi
L'Houcine Ouzgni vs. Johan Lydon
Mootje Khamal vs. Jordan Watson (FMT)

what is FMT? Full Muay thai?
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by afavdotinfo Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Yes FMT is Full Muay Thai
afavdotinfo
afavdotinfo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 am

Relakz wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Fletch is talking about the same fight we all saw when he speaks about Manhoef vs Leko. Using the word "outclassed" is such an exaggeration, it really is funny. The fight was pretty much even with the first round a draw in my eyes and the 2nd round slightly in favor of Manhoef because of the solid punches he started to land in the second half of the round. The fight was really just a matter of Leko landing kicks and Manhoef landing the better punches.

Is that a joke? You trawlin?

He dotted Manhoef up with leg kicks, landed his own shots, and took most of Melvin's return fire on the gloves. Melvin was so thrown off his rhythm it's not even funny - usually Hoef is uber-aggressive and throws hooks and leg kicks, but in this fight Leko landed all the leg kicks, checked Hoef's, and blocked most of the shots.

Even Manhoef admitted he lost the fight, and offered an immediate rematch. With him as 85kg champ there, it's no wonder Showtime were in no rush to BOOK that rematch Laughing

Anyway, this rematch would be my request. Leko vs Manhoef II - after last time, even though they're my joint-favourites, I wouldnt care what happened now. A Leko win would be nice, and Manhoef winning would vindicate the first fight. So, this is a fight I want.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Relakz Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:36 am

You see the fight how you want to because you are such a fan of Leko. Manhoef just said that because nobody wants their fights to end because of free non-contact injury.

I'm up for watching the rematch doe.

Fabio vs Mosab should be great. Pinca is the real deal.
Relakz
Relakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 am

Manhoef said it because it was true. Leko was two rounds up, with only 2 and a half minutes of avoiding getting knocked down to win.

And it was a contact injury. Delayed, yes, but Hoef (finally) checked one of Blitz's kicks, and I studied it, and it appears the broken part of his foot was where the kick landed directly onto Hoef's knee. A damn shame... it could have been the beginning of a Leko revival... as it is, he's 4-4 since then, against mediocre opposition, and all were low class displays for a world class operator.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by sakuraba78 Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 am

saki vs reem ..
badr vs spong
leko vs manhoef also sounds great
sakuraba78
sakuraba78

http://mmaturf.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Relakz Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 am

Fletch wrote:Manhoef said it because it was true. Leko was two rounds up, with only 2 and a half minutes of avoiding getting knocked down to win.

And it was a contact injury. Delayed, yes, but Hoef (finally) checked one of Blitz's kicks, and I studied it, and it appears the broken part of his foot was where the kick landed directly onto Hoef's knee. A damn shame... it could have been the beginning of a Leko revival... as it is, he's 4-4 since then, against mediocre opposition, and all were low class displays for a world class operator.

From what I remember it looked like he broke it moving around the ring in the beginning of the 3rd. I don't remember it being the result of a checked low kick, but I'd have to go watch it again.
Relakz
Relakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down