Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight...

+2
Donowaman
gsx-r
6 posters

Go down

After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight... Empty After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight...

Post by gsx-r Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:45 pm

I can't help but think that it's really sad that K1 discriminates against the Thai fighters. Yamato knocked out everyone they put in front of him to win the title, but was made to look like an amateur when he fought Saenchai. I wish K1 would try to show less bias towards the Japanese fighters and actually try to put together tournaments that really do represent the best in the world.

Great performance by Yamato though
gsx-r
gsx-r

Back to top Go down

After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight... Empty Re: After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight...

Post by Donowaman Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:40 pm

They should have more Thai's, but the division is really new.

I like the rules however.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight... Empty Re: After watching the K1 63 kg tourney tonight...

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:53 am

The first year was Japan only (excluding the one Korean). I am pretty sure they'll go global NYE and on.

So expect Saenchai fairly soon.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom Blows Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 am

they hate the thai's, its so obvious... as seen by buakaw getting ripped off on more than one occasion.
Wisdom Blows
Wisdom Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:30 am

Korean Zombie also mentioned the Japanese do the same with MMA. They don't like their fighters looking bad.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 am

Jride wrote:Korean Zombie also mentioned the Japanese do the same with MMA. They don't like their fighters looking bad.

Of course they don't. The Japanese are very VERY nationalistic. It goes beyond "USA USA USA" chants with them, they do it silently.

I still found the tournament very good. Hopefully they bring some thai's in next tournament, as I'm sure they will. People are quick to go "OMG THEY DONT ALLOW THAI's IN MAX!" while not realizing there aren't exactly a plethora of thai's who are over 150lbs. I believe the highest weight class at lumpinee is 147lbs.

People are also quick to comment on how badly the K-1 rules hold back Thai fighters, without realizing it does the same to everyone else. Kyokushin fighter's are at a disadvantage with the punches, boxers are at a disadvantage with kicks, and it goes on and on.

I personally prefer the rules to full thai rules. No one wants to see a fight not start until the 4th round, or a boring clinch fest.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

i agree dono

however i had no problem with the one knee clinch. they should have kept it the way it was

this one hand grab clinch is stupid...everyone loves knees in a clinch

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:33 pm

They could have just made a rule like, "No clinching for over 10 seconds without throwing a meaningful blow".

Should be the same way in MMA, but with takedowns included.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down