Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOUWER VS SATO

3 posters

Go down

SOUWER VS SATO Empty SOUWER VS SATO

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:49 pm

HOLY SHIT! Kickboxing fans are being treated to one hell of a month this April! Headlining Shootboxing 2011 act.2 on April 23 will be former multi-time Shootboxing S-Cup and K-1 MAX Grand Prix champion Andy Souwer vs. Yoshihiro Sato. That means 2 TOP 5-ERS! Who you got and why?
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

SOUWER VS SATO Empty Re: SOUWER VS SATO

Post by Soy Chingon Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Souwer dec. Way more used to Shootboxing and just a better fighter overall
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Soy Chingon wrote:Souwer dec. Way more used to Shootboxing and just a better fighter overall
Never understood how he couldn't put Sato away in their first encounter? Dare I say it, Soy, he might finish him this time around?
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:06 pm

glassjaw890 wrote:
Soy Chingon wrote:Souwer dec. Way more used to Shootboxing and just a better fighter overall
Never understood how he couldn't put Sato away in their first encounter? Dare I say it, Soy, he might finish him this time around?

I think he could. He looked beastly against Aussie. Sato's pretty hard to finish though. The problem with Sato is that he doesn't use his reach or height at all. He had a pretty bad fight against Armen Petrosyan his last time out
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Yeah, he definitely fights awkward. He doesn't seem to be able to put the fight where he wants it. He's always outside of the pocket but within his opponents reach, or deep inside it where his opponent can work their inside/clinch game. And when he's midrange he just seems to stand there. He's not good at all with pressure fighters. The style of which Andy is learning to employ VERY well recently, as is evidenced by the Aussie fight! It's damn near time that Souwer got himself a knockout!
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Sato is great and he has great knees but Andy has this. I expect a good fight. Lots of dumps by Andy.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:39 pm

veprman wrote:Sato is great and he has great knees but Andy has this. I expect a good fight. Lots of dumps by Andy.

WORD Veper! It's so funny how Souwer goes for takedowns even in fights that aren't shootboxing sanctified. He's done it numerous times! Nothing against Sato, he's a GREAT Japanese fighter, but I hope Andy gets the KO that he's been needing for a LOOOOONG time now!
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down