Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit

+6
bfnick
Soy Chingon
Fletch
StillWill
Wifebeater
Bloodstain Lane
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit Empty Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit

Post by Bloodstain Lane Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 am

I feel like this deserves its own thread cause its absolute non sense that people Claim Badr Has a Glass Jaw

He has only been KO'D Twice in the past 5 years buy Semmy Schilt(Arguably the greatest K-1 Fighter ever) and Ubereem who is a monster who KO'd EVERYONE...not to Mention Badr took the fight on 2 week notice and was coming off an emotionally draining loss of being DQ'd in the 2008 Final...The fight against Overeem was a favor to the K-1 Brass for him acting crazy in the GP

Badr has been clipped in fights and has been fine...He took prolly the hardest punch I ever seen my Erroll Zimmerman in the 2008 Semi Finals and got right back up...go back and watch how hard that punch was

We are talking 5 years and has only been KO'd twice...Hardly class chin material...not to mention there is no shame in getting knocked out in K-1,I mean these are thee greatest strikers in the world

All his other KO's before then were by brutal freak KO's that would KO a fucking elephant...The Leko Buster and the Rolling Thunder...ANYONE would get knocked out by those

I'm sorry the whole Badr having a glass jaw myth is BULLSHIT
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit Empty Re: Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit

Post by Wifebeater Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 am

I was just thinking about this before I came here and i have to agree thats one thing people criticize on Badr along with maybe his cardio. The KO loss to Ubereem is Questionable IMO Badr Hari was NOT 100% okay after being in a shark tank at the Gp along that he hadnt trained since the Gp leading to the fight vs Reem, my argument is further supported by how Badr destroyed reem in the rematch leaving no doubt in my mind when they first fought Badr was less than 50%. The Ko loss to Schilt is also questionable IMO do to the last two knockdowns were not caused by Badr being hit in the face(jaw), it was head kick, and a body shot the first knockdown was a straight jab schilt's strongest weapon which has ko'd and dropped many people thus further supporting the argument of Badr not having glass jaw.
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit Empty Re: Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit

Post by StillWill Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 am

I agree, he is like Melvin always going for the kill, leaves himself open sometimes. He took a HAAARDDD Right hand from Zimmerman and got back up and knocked him out, Ruslan Kaerav too.

I think his jaw is better than people like to make out.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:10 am

The Leko KO you mentioned was to the liver. The "Leko buster" was Schiavello's name for the KO on poor Stefan himself.

Badr doesn't have an iron jaw by any means, but what he does have is very good recuperative powers. I was gonna mention the Errol fight too - the way he came back from a HARD knockdown to win made for a great fight (plus I was his fan then, until precisely 42 minutes after the Errol fight. LOL)

Another fight he got dropped hard and won was the Ruslan Karaev grudge rematch. Ruslan put him down hard, and as he went in to finish, Badr has recovered his senses, slipped and landed a cross flush on the chin. Put Karaev out cold.

Not just in those fights, but in others he has been rocked and recovered. The only time I thought he looked positively BROKEN GLASS jawed was the Semmy rematch, when he got dropped by a jab, and the weakest head kick KO of all time, but exhaustion played a part cos it was the 09 final and he'd fought twice that night already.

So.... I rate his jaw 5/10, post Rolling Thunder. Not glass, definitely not iron. But his recuperative powers are almost at Joe Calzaghe level imo... and when a fighter is young, that's one of the best attributes you can have
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 am

Your right about the Leko Buster....I was typing very furiously lol
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 am

I'm always right, bro Cool

Except when I tell women they should get with me.

Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 am

I agree Fletch but remember Semmys Jab is with his strong hand!
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Wifebeater Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:34 am

Fletch wrote:The Leko KO you mentioned was to the liver. The "Leko buster" was Schiavello's name for the KO on poor Stefan himself.

Badr doesn't have an iron jaw by any means, but what he does have is very good recuperative powers. I was gonna mention the Errol fight too - the way he came back from a HARD knockdown to win made for a great fight (plus I was his fan then, until precisely 42 minutes after the Errol fight. LOL)

Another fight he got dropped hard and won was the Ruslan Karaev grudge rematch. Ruslan put him down hard, and as he went in to finish, Badr has recovered his senses, slipped and landed a cross flush on the chin. Put Karaev out cold.

Not just in those fights, but in others he has been rocked and recovered. The only time I thought he looked positively BROKEN GLASS jawed was the Semmy rematch, when he got dropped by a jab, and the weakest head kick KO of all time, but exhaustion played a part cos it was the 09 final and he'd fought twice that night already.

So.... I rate his jaw 5/10, post Rolling Thunder. Not glass, definitely not iron. But his recuperative powers are almost at Joe Calzaghe level imo... and when a fighter is young, that's one of the best attributes you can have

The jab that dropped him against Semmy is no ordinary Jab. Schilt is a left hander that fights in orthodox stance that jab has nasty power just ask Ray Sefo, Peter Aerts and Daniel Ghita. If Semmy were to ko you using his hands for sure it will be by his left jab. Weakest head kick ko of all time? Cmon Fletch that head kick was a thing of beauty. like i said Schilt is a left hander meaning that Left highkick had power behind it. I rate his jaw 7/10.
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:42 am

Compare an Aerts or Mirko head kick to the one landed on Badr, lmao.

Come on, most of my post was defending Badr - if not his chin, then at least pointing out examples of his Calzaghe-esque recuperative powers. I'm not an arse kisser though, and I'll fucking say it right now - the Semmy HK KO was weaaaaaaaaak... though I even defended him there, saying he'd fought twice that night already.

Jesus, you fags are making me do something I haven't done since 2008 - support Badr Laughing
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:45 am

Most guys in K-1 hit hard and with Badr's style he can walk right into shots which makes it even harder
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:06 am

Glass jaw or not,he's not trying that hard to protect it
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 am

Ahh yes, the infamous Schilt jab. A 50 pounds decently trowed jab by a 212cm freak. It's like the only decent thing he executes in the ring. Anyway getting to the point, Hari was gassed at that point , as Sefo noted he was WAAYY to tense at that point. I don't think that jab is that relevant in deciding whether or not he has a weak chin , or the headkick that followed. Firstly because that JAB is notoriusly criminal , and secondly because Hari was so tense and beggining to gas. Also it's funny , cuz i remember on the live commentary Sefo trows a friendly arrow at Hoost, by saying something along the lines of , you know about that jab well don't you , and Hoost politely with his cold calm demeanor acknowledging and then saying " u too no ? ".. I was loughing out loudly , cuz i remember the shocking KO Sefo took from Schilt from that killer jab. I remember he was walking the hallways after the match , asking people around what happened in the match , he didn't remembered. Then comes his best buddy Peter Aerts , and comforts him : " It was the jab man , it was the jab." Sefo was like " Really ? I don't remember nothin man.." It's crazy , Sefo has an all time top3 chin. So don't blame Hari's chin for that , that's my point. OUT
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 am

There is also a common misconception that everyone in K-1 has a glass jaw.

How about there are some hard fucking hitters in K-1 and the fact that kickboxing isn't like boxing, you have to block every part of your body including your legs and it also leaves you open more often.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 am

Jride wrote:There is also a common misconception that everyone in K-1 has a glass jaw.

Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt, Peter Graham, Cyril Abidi & Musashi are well known K-1 glass jaws, bruh, everyone says it Neutral

/perm
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am

Ignashov had the best k-1 jaw ever

StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:34 am

I disagree. Mark Hunt 2000-2007 p4p best jaw outside George Chuvalo Cool
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:38 am

I would agree if Melvin didnt crack it.

IGGY FOUGHT EVERYONE and was NEVER KNOCKED OUT

EDIT:

Okay nvm theyboth had excellent jaws really
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:45 am

Fletch wrote:I disagree. Mark Hunt 2000-2007 p4p best jaw outside George Chuvalo Cool

StillWill wrote:I would agree if Melvin didnt crack it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite!!_2008

Badr Hari & The "Glass Jaw" Bullshit 976936
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Wifebeater Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:19 am

Ignashov has P4P best head movement in Kickboxing
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:42 am

Badr Hari has an Overalls Ariyama level chin Boxin
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Raging Demon Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:51 am

Jride wrote:There is also a common misconception that everyone in K-1 has a glass jaw.

How about there are some hard fucking hitters in K-1 and the fact that kickboxing isn't like boxing, you have to block every part of your body including your legs and it also leaves you open more often.
only noobs think this.
Raging Demon
Raging Demon
Last Day of Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey look...its Raging Demon!!! cheers
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Bloodstain Lane wrote:

We are talking 5 years and has only been KO'd twice...Hardly class chin material...not to mention there is no shame in getting knocked out in K-1,I mean these are thee greatest strikers in the world

this is it right here. bovy gets fuckin knocked out, anuwat gets knocked out, melvin does, hell even SAENCHAI and BUAKAW have been ko'd. there is NO SHAME in that. these guys are fighting at the top of the fuckin food chain, and there is absolutely no shame in being knocked out while you're trying to destroy your opponent like badr and the guys i mentioned.

its mostly MMA fans that write someone off after 1 loss that are insinuating this shit.
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:53 am

gumby wrote:
Bloodstain Lane wrote:

this is it right here. bovy gets fuckin knocked out, anuwat gets knocked out, melvin does, hell even SAENCHAI and BUAKAW have been ko'd. there is NO SHAME in that. these guys are fighting at the top of the fuckin food chain, and there is absolutely no shame in being knocked out while you're trying to destroy your opponent like badr and the guys i mentioned.

its mostly MMA fans that write someone off after 1 loss that are insinuating this shit.

Liam Harrison = never knocked out in 76 fights, including 2x vs Saenchai (mentioned) 2x vs Anuwat (mentioned), plus Petasswin, and a total of 4 Lumpini champs and 3 Rajadamnern champ iirc, and he fights Bovy next.... teammate Jordan Watson faced another of those names (Buakaw) and hasnt been finished since he was a teenager in the Contender Asia.

LEEDS = IRON JAW CAPITAL

Cool
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:42 am

LOL obligatory liam harrison reference.

how much does that dude weigh cause going from saenchai/anuwat to bovy is like 20 lbs
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next