Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012

5 posters

Go down

Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012 Empty Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012

Post by nodogoshi Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012 David-haye

vs.

Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012 Alg_tomasz_adamek_wins
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012 Empty Re: Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012

Post by StillWill Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:02 am

Razz

Haye has a slight chance against Wlad, Adamek has no chance against Vitali
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012 Empty Re: Heavyweight unification fight for fall of 2012

Post by nodogoshi Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 am

I disagree. If Haye can make Wlad work, which is his stated game plan, he can win the fight. Wlad has shit stamina. Wlad also has a china chin and Haye is a power puncher.

Vitali has slipped, a lot. His style of keeping his hands down means that he relies on reflexes. He no longer has the reflexes to avoid getting hit or to counter to full affect. Adamek has great footwork and he will have a considerable edge in speed. Vitali of course has a huge edge in size, reach, and power, but Adamek is going to move and he should be able to land shots on Vitali.

If this was the real Vitali, than Adamek probably wouldn't have much of a chance. Vitali today is well past his prime. Albert Sosnowski was tagging Vitali when they fought. Solis was outboxing him until he injured his knee. Adamek is the best fighter Vitali will have faced since his come back.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:23 am

Vitali is completely passed it? This is based on what, one round with Solis?

He may be old but he is still far too much for Adamek. Vitali was never a speedster. Adamek has nothing for Vitalis chin, he is going to be beat down in front of his countrymen like the rest. I was never sold on Adamek tbh, IIRC, imo he lost to (or barely edged at best) Arreola, who Vitali completely outclassed. I see a typical Eisenfaust beatdown, wear him down than a KO in the later rounds.

As for Wlad/Haye, Wlad hasnt had stamina issues in a long time, he can fight his game for 12 rounds no problem. I dont think Stamina will be an issue in this fight. Sure Wlad is a bit robotic, but boxing from the outside he is awesome. His chin is suspect but so is Hayes, dont forget that. Haye can put him down, I agree but I still agree with the book makers on this one - 7/4 odds for Wlad sounds about right. I think its a nokaut in the 12th with the steel hammer Very Happy.

If Haye does beat Wlad then no way does he beat Vitali though.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 am

Haye gets on his bike with his hands down and he's gonna be getting tagged repeatedly from Wlad's jab. John Ruiz was tagging him

His last 3 fights he's basically fought on the outside with his hands down. Valuev, Ruiz, Harrison. He doesn't throw that many punches and he gets hit too much
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:07 pm

StillWill wrote:Vitali is completely passed it? This is based on what, one round with Solis?

He may be old but he is still far too much for Adamek. Vitali was never a speedster. Adamek has nothing for Vitalis chin, he is going to be beat down in front of his countrymen like the rest. I was never sold on Adamek tbh, IIRC, imo he lost to (or barely edged at best) Arreola, who Vitali completely outclassed. I see a typical Eisenfaust beatdown, wear him down than a KO in the later rounds.

As for Wlad/Haye, Wlad hasnt had stamina issues in a long time, he can fight his game for 12 rounds no problem. I dont think Stamina will be an issue in this fight. Sure Wlad is a bit robotic, but boxing from the outside he is awesome. His chin is suspect but so is Hayes, dont forget that. Haye can put him down, I agree but I still agree with the book makers on this one - 7/4 odds for Wlad sounds about right. I think its a nokaut in the 12th with the steel hammer Very Happy.

If Haye does beat Wlad then no way does he beat Vitali though.

Vitali didn't look great against Sosnowski either. And he's fought a lot of cans in between, for instance Shannon Briggs, who is way way past it, and probably belongs nowhere near a boxing ring. Not much you can take from a fight like that, although Vitali failed to stop him.

Adamek beat Arreola. It wasn't controversial, he clearly won a majority of the rounds. Also, the soles of his shoes started to come undone mid-fight, and his corner had to try and tape them together between rounds. This now doubt affected his ability to move going down the stretch. Arreola won more rounds going down the stretch, but Adamek banked enough rounds early, and continued to fight to the finish. Also, two completely different fights, not really good grounds for comparison. It's not like you could expect Adamek to fight Arreola the way Vitali did, just like there's no way in hell you can expect Adamek to fight Vitali the way Arreola did (Adamek is far more mobile, among other things). For that matter, no way can you expect Adamek to fight Vitali the way he fought Arreola, or the way he's fought any of his other opponents at HW (he's brought a unique approach to each of his fights). Also, Vitali will be 2 years removed from this fight when he fights Adamek. He's 39 now, it will have been 3 years since his comeback began, after having been retired for 4 years due to serious injuries. To me, he has clearly slowed down. Since Arreola, he's fought Kevin Johnson (fought scared/inexperienced/can), Sosnowski (journymen fighter who at 6'2 is a chubby 224, and was tagging Vitali with shots he normally wouldn't have been getting tagged with), Shannon Briggs (who's last big win came in 2006, is 39 with asthma, was by no stretch even remotely fit for a title shot), and then the Solis debacle. I'm telling you, I know the aura which exists around Vitali as this indestructible machine, but in my opinion he has slipped. And as I said, he relies on quickness, and reflexes, to react to punches and counter. Vitali doesn't fight in a typical stance with his hands up to block punches, he fights with his hands down and relies a lot on counters. I'm telling you, this is why he was getting tagged by Sosnowski's wild bullrushes at times.

Wladimer still has stamina issues, it's just that he fights so that he doesn't expend a lot of energy. He stays on the outside and jabs people to death. He doesn't take risks, doesn't go for the kill by committing to flurries when his opponent may be ready to go. Even when it's a dead man walking in front of him, he's merely content to jab-jab-jab-jab-jab, with an occasional right hand. Not saying it isn't affective, but it's a pretty obvious tactic.

Sure Haye's been down in fights. He has a TKO loss to Carl Thompson, but that was because of fatigue. Klitschko has been stopped 3 times, and has been on the canvas many times. He protects his chin will with his stance and style, he doesn't get hit much in the chin these days. When he does get hit there, he goes down. No question Wlad could hurt Haye and a Wlad KO is a strong possibility. No doubting that.

And I'm not discounting the odds either. No question, I'm talking upsets here.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by homeless mma fan Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Haye has a decent chance to upset Wlad imo. Adamek may be brutally beat down by Vitali.

Adamek hasn't looked great at heavyweight. He arguably lost to Jason Estrada. He barely beat Arreola. Michael Grant was landing good shots against Adamek. Vitali destroys him imo.

homeless mma fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:45 pm

I was rooting for Haye like a mothefucker when he fought the beast, and i respect him for that fight , everything-wise , but i don't think he has a chance against Wlad. Klitsch is too big , too good on the counter. Haye has nothing for him. Jab for the UD , or KO in the latter rounds , on a counter exchange. I don't stand the Klitschko bros though , and i hope Haye proves me wrong and makes me extatic once again.
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down