Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin

4 posters

Go down

Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin Empty Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin

Post by Fletch Sun May 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Mr Roper
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin Empty Re: Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin

Post by StillWill Sun May 15, 2011 4:05 pm

StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin Empty Re: Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin

Post by Fletch Sun May 15, 2011 4:12 pm

weak

he not only beat those guys, but everyone else he ever faced. No one else did that (dont say Marciano)

This thread is just the warmup though, it's all good... the true zulu thread is coming homeboys
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 15, 2011 4:14 pm

You cant base a fighters legacy on his pros alone! You have to take in his cons as well

Something you dont understand I fear.

These both happened his is prime btw. Great fighter but to put him above Ali, Holmes, Louis, or Marciano is laughable. There are others who are arguably in front of him as well.

You see what you want to see, and some 6 page essay isn't going to change reality.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Sun May 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Lennox Lewis is also Canadian so does that negate him from being a glass jawed Brit?
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Lennox Lewis started sporting a fake British accent after leaving Canada (Who supported him throughout his ammy career).

A real sore spot with Canadian fight fans, also shows how the British will hop on any bandwagon they can, during the Frank Bruno fight Bruno was labeled the "Real" Brit and Lennox the Imposter, funny after how much success he achieved they changed their tune.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 am

You're wrong, Bruno was always more popular

So was Naseem until 2002, and Lewis was always behind Eubank, Benn & Bruno by far in the 90s.

The boxing hardcores here loved Lennox though, they recognised his greatness. There hasnt been a Lennox since the 70s, and may not be another for another 100yrs
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 16, 2011 9:07 am

Oh please. Their is a CLONE of Lennox holding most of the belts right now

Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin Wladimir_Klitschko
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 am

I'm a Klitschko fan homie, that doesnt hurt me Neutral

Lennox beats both comfortably.

But Wlad and Vitali are so underrated it actually sickens me. If only Vitali had his brother's mobility, or if Wlad had his brothers chin and all round toughness, you'd have THE invincible heavyweight
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 16, 2011 9:17 am

Fletch wrote:I'm a Klitschko fan homie, that doesnt hurt me Neutral

Lennox beats both comfortably.

But Wlad and Vitali are so underrated it actually sickens me. If only Vitali had his brother's mobility, or if Wlad had his brothers chin and all round toughness, you'd have THE invincible heavyweight
Agreed, I didnt mean it as an insult. Emmanuel Stewart has essentially turned Wlad into a Lennox clone, and they are both vunerable (Wlad more so). They really are similar fighters.

Hard to say Lennox beats both comfortably the way Vitali busted him up, but I will say Lewis was old and unmotivated.

I will say this: the real American "whitewashing" crime is the Klitschko brothers, It is awful how they have been largely ignored and guys like Kimbo are famous .

Lennox Lewis the HW GOAT and his iron chin 20741
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 am

We basically agree in principle, but Wills - Lewis at his worst beat Vitali, and I'm sorry but Wladimir just doesn't have the durability to deal with Lewis.

Watch Lewis dismantle Grant, Weaver, Rahman (rematch), Bruno, Tua etc etc, Wladimir's chin could not handle being picked apart and then having lead rights landed at will down the stretch.

But yeah, the American media hasnt given the Kbros their props either. It's SICKENING - they are the best two of their generation (2003-present)
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by nodogoshi Mon May 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Fletch wrote:weak

he not only beat those guys, but everyone else he ever faced. No one else did that (dont say Marciano)

This thread is just the warmup though, it's all good... the true zulu thread is coming homeboys

He didn't ever beat Oliver McCall.

McCall didn't even fight in the rematch, he just walked around and cried.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down