Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your thoughts on american kickboxing

+2
Soy Chingon
juggalo
6 posters

Go down

your thoughts on american kickboxing Empty your thoughts on american kickboxing

Post by juggalo Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:53 am

what do you guys think of American Kickboxing? IMO the rules are stale (waist up only...fuck that) not to mention the fighters have to fight with padded shoes.

I myself prefer san shou or K-1 rules What about you guys
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on american kickboxing Empty Re: your thoughts on american kickboxing

Post by Soy Chingon Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Easily prefer K-1 rules and Thai rules

Most people just fight Thai rules over here
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

your thoughts on american kickboxing Empty Re: your thoughts on american kickboxing

Post by Hooligan Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:21 pm

K-1 All Day

I think things will really change once It's Showtime starts taking off here in the States with being on HDNet too.
Hooligan
Hooligan
Peace, Love, and Soccer Kicks

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:44 pm

^^ I hope so Hoolie, kickboxing is more esoteric here than soccer is. AND IT'S ACTUALLY EXCITING GODDAMMIT!
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Hooligan Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:03 am

I really think that Its Showtime has the ability to reach a market that MMA has struggled to, and thats with boxing purists. Not only would it be more respected by these people by having real KOs, not all this hugging & shit, but it can a great bridge between boxing & MMA.

We could potentially see good boxers give kickboxing a shot or even a good boxer vs a good MMA guy in a K1 style fight.

The difference between now & 10 years ago is the tv exposure & single company promotion. Its an exciting transitional period for kickboxing right now.
Hooligan
Hooligan
Peace, Love, and Soccer Kicks

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Yeah, no doubt K-1 will be back in some way, but until something is announced who knows. I know that It's Showtime is looking to break into the market here and I also know that Fight Code is looking to do the same.

The Muay Thai Premier League is planning a show in LA and honestly, there is a lot of talent involved in that and a lot of money.

I don't even think anyone pays attention to the Full Contact rules shit anymore. I've contacted a lot of them just to feel them out and if I felt that any of them had their shit together AT ALL I'd give them some coverage.

Hell, I contacted the WCL as a joke last year just to see what they were doing about DVDs or whatever and they actually told me that they were planning another season. Who the hell watched WCL and why would that warrant another season?!

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:29 pm

I prefer K-1 rules to all else, but liked them better with the one shot clinch. Full thai has too much huggin and shit, and american rules sound retarded.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down