Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing.

+14
CarJackinFancy
Donowaman
Soy Chingon
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
rcv604
Fletch
The Last Emperor
Buddha_Cat
Stu3ufc
veprman
bfnick
Wifebeater
gumby
DW LiverKick
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing. Empty Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing.

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:46 am

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=379:why-you-need-to-push-for-kickboxing-to-rise-in-your-home-country&catid=34:demo-content

This whole Zuffa world domination thing is getting grating. It is time to do something about a far more exciting sport, IMO.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing. Empty Re: Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing.

Post by gumby Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree 100 dave.

I can't help but agree that some level of co-operation can really raise the profile of kick/mt.

My first thought, honestly, is if rutz and scott coker sat down at a table about having shows in the US.
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing. Empty Re: Enough of this BS, Support Kickboxing.

Post by Wifebeater Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Im all up for it Very Happy
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Well I've been saying that for the past months
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 pm

gumby wrote:I agree 100 dave.

I can't help but agree that some level of co-operation can really raise the profile of kick/mt.

My first thought, honestly, is if rutz and scott coker sat down at a table about having shows in the US.

I'm gonna talk to Rutz a bit soon and see what the hell is up. I've pushed him a bit the past few months but something needs to happen soon.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Ill do what ever I can. Starting by wearing Badr Hari T shirts to UFC ppvs at the sports bar.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Hell yes, anything you can do is bad ass, you know?

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 pm

I support kickboxing!

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm with this
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:41 pm

In my country Kickboxing already number 1. But North America Kane
The Last Emperor
The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:10 am

I said this to Lane, the night zuffa bought SF and Petrosyan fought.

I said our site should be vocal proponents of kickboxing. Fingers crossed, we will

Support our friend LiverKick too Very Happy
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 am

I'm all for it, WAR LIVERKICK!
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:21 am

fuck mma its time kickboxing and muaythai rule the combat world.

lets do it, ItS SHOWTIME will b bigger than ever withing 5 years
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:55 pm

people would eat up kickboxing in North America. its way more exciting than mma
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 am

Soy Chingon wrote:people would eat up kickboxing in North America. its way more exciting than mma

Most people boo at the ground game anyways. They'd see not only more exciting stand up, but more talented stand up fighters.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by CarJackinFancy Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 am

The only probelms:

1. No American Stars

2. A serious financial effort would need to be made over several years that might not pay off. To really get US Kickboxing going, you need to have several shows in a year not just a couple rinky dink tournaments in Las vegas like K-1 used to do.

3. You have to start from scratch. There is no American tradition for kickboxing to rise from. No one in American beyond combat sports die hards has any idea who someone like Don "The Dragon" Wilson is unless its from his shitty B-Movies.

Most people get their fighting fix from MMA now, even if your presenting a super high level product then all most people will ask is when your going into MMA?
CarJackinFancy
CarJackinFancy

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:12 am

Well see how successful the It's Showtime shows do over here.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:33 pm

CarJackinFancy wrote:The only probelms:

1. No American Stars

2. A serious financial effort would need to be made over several years that might not pay off. To really get US Kickboxing going, you need to have several shows in a year not just a couple rinky dink tournaments in Las vegas like K-1 used to do.

3. You have to start from scratch. There is no American tradition for kickboxing to rise from. No one in American beyond combat sports die hards has any idea who someone like Don "The Dragon" Wilson is unless its from his shitty B-Movies.

Most people get their fighting fix from MMA now, even if your presenting a super high level product then all most people will ask is when your going into MMA?

See, no diss intended, but this is the same boring talking points I hear over and over again.

The WKA and PKA were huge in the 70's - 80's, regular TV on ESPN until there was a mafia scandal with the WKA and the organizer ended up in prison. All of a sudden TV networks dropped it like it's hot. We were talking arenas being sold out, like bigger than UFC-level shows. From there ESPN2 picked it up for a while, but the onset of MMA and the confusion over governing bodies and talent splitting into factions for different promoters (a lot went to K-1), it tapered off.

It isn't hard to create stars, don't let people fool you on that. Most of you have probably spent money on a Frankie Edgar fight. If not you, someone you know. Think about it. Frankie Edgar. The right marketing makes anyone a star.

What killed kickboxing in the US was shitty, crooked promoters and too many weird rules.

Full Contact (above the waist), Continuous Contact (leg kicks allowed), International Rules, Muay Thai Rules, Modified Muay Thai rules, Semi-Contact, etc.

Chuck Norris tried doing the World Combat League a few years ago, but he didn't bother to get a good TV deal and used modified Full Contact rules. So, we are talking shinguards, pants, limited low kicks, team structure, each fight is 2 3 minute rounds with a TWENTY MINUTE BREAK. So fights take place within each other, it was a freaking mess.

I don't know, that was the only person who tried and he did a terrible job. All kickboxing needs is someone to spend some money, unified rules (K-1 works best) and regional talent to fill out undercards.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by h23a Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Love kick boxing, I started watching k-1 before anything else. One of my goals is to see k-1 live. Hopefully it lasts long enough for that to happen.
h23a
h23a

Back to top Go down

Post by Relakz Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:46 am

I been talking to a Miami based MMA org about hosting some Kickboxing events. Let's see what happens.
Relakz
Relakz
Leeds sucks Dookie finger

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:54 am

veprman wrote:Well see how successful the It's Showtime shows do over here.

a lot of success really comes down to exposure in America!

even UFC 5 years ago was nothing before it really got on TV

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:43 am

After last night every fuckin person on here has to start supporting kickboxing
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:37 am

Relakz wrote:I been talking to a Miami based MMA org about hosting some Kickboxing events. Let's see what happens.

No shit?

Email me, dave (at) liverkick . com

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 am

Relakz wrote:I been talking to a Miami based MMA org about hosting some Kickboxing events. Let's see what happens.

What org.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by terminator six Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Kick boxing was always number one
terminator six
terminator six

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next