Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

+25
TJC123
Subvertir
Doku
Wifebeater
Soy Chingon
The Last Emperor
blueyedsamurai
juggalo
Fletch
Adamantium_Chin
Фёдор Емельяненко
DW LiverKick
Dorch
Hollywood Dang
ZuffaKiller
bfnick
StillWill
Yari
Shiny Aoki
Mighty Trust Krusher
Buddha_Cat
mcpeepants
Plasma
nodogoshi
Dapperdoo
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th - Page 2 Empty Re: K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

Post by mcpeepants Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:22 am

Shiny Aoki wrote:
Buddha_Cat wrote:
mcpeepants wrote:Hesdy, Errol, Ben Edwards, Ruslan, Saki and spong have all been confirmed as well. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!

source?

yeah, Errol and Saki weren't mentioned by Tanikawa. I'm sure they'll be involved, though. There's 5 spots and I'd assume they go to Saki and Errol after FEG talks to Bas Boon, Aerts and 2 out of Semmy, Kyotaro and JLB. Semmy has never really been popular with K-1 because of his style, but I can't imagine them keeping a 4-time champ and semifinalist from last year out of the tournament. JLB had a rough falling out with K-1, but Tanikawa said they're in talks with him. He's the least likely out of the 3, I think. I can't imagine K-1 not involving Kyotaro, as he's their only Japanese heavyweight atm. All 3 could get in, though, if what Aerts said last year about it being his last WGP is true. It'd be a hell of a way to go out, too, being the first to beat Semmy in the Final 8.

Errol is Hesdys opponent but you're right Saki hasn't been announced. That was my bad.

mcpeepants

Back to top Go down

K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th - Page 2 Empty Re: K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th

Post by Dorch Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:58 am

DW LiverKick wrote:It's also pretty crazy how little people care about this.

If I said "K-1 farted" 6 months ago people were all ears, now K-1 announces the Final 16 and I've gotten next to no feedback. Even twitter is pretty dead for it.

Kinda sucks that what is my most awaited event of combat sports every year get so little recognition

Dorch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:52 am

If I said "K-1 farted" 6 months ago people were all ears, now K-1 announces the Final 16 and I've gotten next to no feedback. Even twitter is pretty dead for it.

This brand isn't going to market itself. K-1 reminds me of a child that has been kidnapped by an abusive father. FEG is that abusive father. I do agree however that if K-1 has any chance of surving it needs to go worldwide. I just don't think they have the money to do it
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adamantium_Chin Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:24 am

Extremely happy this event is in fact going down this year, but without Semmy and Saki they have a serious credibility issue on their hands. There is no excuse for them not participating in the biggest kickboxing event of the year.
Adamantium_Chin
Adamantium_Chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:57 am

The Japanese should be made to enter Nanjing on their hands and knees, and donate the proceeds of the show to that city.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by juggalo Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 am

cant wait for the tournament
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 pm

From K-1's facebook page today :

In regards to having the fight in nanjing : Why Nanjing? People from Nanjing's broadcasting company and goverment told us that UFC and WWE are "American events". In contrast, K-1 is not Japanese event but "International event". They were also saying that Nanjing is becoming a cosmopolitan city like Beijing and Shanghai. So They need international events. That's what K-1 is also wanting to.

If I had to guess, i'd say it's more a cost issue, but what do I know.

Possible december K-1 Max show? : K-1's EP Sadaharu Tanikawa: It seems like we can hold K-1 WORLD MAX -70kg FINAL in December this year. I'm working with it now. Talking to have the event overseas.

WHo are they going to participate in a world final. I think they just about burned every bridge.

Final 16 : K-1's EP Sadaharu Tanikawa: Possible places for K-1 WGP FINAL 8 are China, Korea, Japan, USA and so on. We have to hurry up.

For some broke guys, FEG sure are busy. I wonder if they can make good on any of this.
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:00 pm

who cares. people knew k1 died , this bullshit revival sucks , the big names are gone , it takes place in china , nuff said. reeks of desperation trying to hold on to a big name , unfortunately K1 is dead , ill be shocked if they manage to announce the finals . no reem no saki no schillt , basically the former champion and the defending champion are out , not to mention people like saki & spong and hari mentioning switching sports . why do you faggots reckon that is ? boredness ? they acknowledged the sport is dead so they must move on with other things to provide for themselves. QUIT ACTING LIKE NOTHING"S HAPPENED AND K1 IS STILL THE SAME !
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:30 pm

balkan_soul wrote:who cares. people knew k1 died , this bullshit revival sucks , the big names are gone , it takes place in china , nuff said. reeks of desperation trying to hold on to a big name , unfortunately K1 is dead , ill be shocked if they manage to announce the finals . no reem no saki no schillt , basically the former champion and the defending champion are out , not to mention people like saki & spong and hari mentioning switching sports . why do you faggots reckon that is ? boredness ? they acknowledged the sport is dead so they must move on with other things to provide for themselves. QUIT ACTING LIKE NOTHING"S HAPPENED AND K1 IS STILL THE SAME !

You can act like you don't give a shit but I bet you'll still tune in to watch the GP. I'm not denying that that K1 is dead but I will still support whatever table scraps they put together because I love kickboxing.

And call me a faggot again and ill come to balkania or wherever the fuck 3rd world rat hole you live in and dunk your head in and out of a toilet.

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:41 pm

course ill watch it , you uneducated pig. but i wont feel as pumped for it as id be for a regular WGP. and yes , you'd come to romania , and get bitchslaped 10 times in the course of 10 minutes by regular folk on the streets before you've decided you're a long way from home and turn back. FAGGOT
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:19 pm

balkan_soul wrote:course ill watch it , you uneducated pig. but i wont feel as pumped for it as id be for a regular WGP. and yes , you'd come to romania , and get bitchslaped 10 times in the course of 10 minutes by regular folk on the streets before you've decided you're a long way from home and turn back. FAGGOT

So I was right then. First you bitch about it, then proceed to call everyone here "faggots", then admit that you'll still tune in.

"WHO CARES, K1 IS DEAD" .........TUNES INTO WATCH*

LOL @ me coming to Romania. I'll admit Romania produce some good strikers, but I read in the paper they produce even better rapists. I would beat the shit out of you and your entire malnourished crew single handedly.

buddha cat

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:22 pm

im just saying.. give peace a chance

<3
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:02 pm

everyone knows k1 isnt that same, some people just love it and want it to do well.

but with unpaid fighters and rumors makes it a hard org to support for alot of people
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:08 am

lol @ the fluoridated water drinking , fast food eating , on the verge of a constant heart attack nation , whose leaders brutally and shamelessly massacre their own people . compared to this , u ain't got nothin bad to say about my country . even ceausescu in his heydey didn't dream of doing what your leaders are doing to you ahahaha.

also regarding my post , anyone with half a brain realized i was just playin the bitter fan who doesn't want to accept k1 is dead. only faggots like you who only watched k1 since 2009 are pumped for this shit card . ur just a shit stirrer , you like to stir shit , fuck you FAGGOT!

PEACE
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 am

Even with the lack of Schilt, Aerts, Saki, and JLB, this card isn't going to be that bad. Its going to be nice to see some fresh faces in the field. It also isn't nearly as bad as the GP when they had Sapp, Botha, and Nortje.

As for the excluded four, Its Showtime should hold a 4 man one night tournament for them.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 am

nothing k1 with hari in it is ever going to be that bad , it's just that k1 WGP is the greatest most anticipated combat sports event of every year . i'm just bittered by the curent state of affairs in it , and we all seem to agree , but some guys try to stay positive and optimistic , which isn't a bad thing after all , but i just can't shake this fuckin melancholy 2011 brought , i say it for the millionth time , one of the worst years in combat sports .
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:24 am

balkan_soul wrote:lol @ the fluoridated water drinking , fast food eating , on the verge of a constant heart attack nation , whose leaders brutally and shamelessly massacre their own people . compared to this , u ain't got nothin bad to say about my country . even ceausescu in his heydey didn't dream of doing what your leaders are doing to you ahahaha.

also regarding my post , anyone with half a brain realized i was just playin the bitter fan who doesn't want to accept k1 is dead. only faggots like you who only watched k1 since 2009 are pumped for this shit card . ur just a shit stirrer , you like to stir shit , fuck you FAGGOT!

PEACE

1. I'm not american, so I don't know what any of that has to do with the topic. Truthfully I have no problem with Romanians. In fact I got a bj from a romanian girl once. It was an 8/10.

2. My problem is with you being disrespectful calling anyone who is excited with the GP "faggots" then you turn around and admit you'll watch it. Now that is "faggot" behavior. Everyone knows the level has dropped. The money isn't there and the entire company is a bomb waiting to go off. I want to enjoy whatever is left of it. I've been watching K-1 since I started watching MMA which is in 2001. The GP has been a tradition for me for 10 years now. There is still talent to make it interesting.

3. I'm not a shit stirrer
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:34 am

k . where u from though ?
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:52 am

balkan_soul wrote:k . where u from though ?

Tonga
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Фёдор Емельяненко Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:59 am

google image search gives me this
K-1 Final 16 in Nanjing October 29th - Page 2 Tonga510

now i ain't messin with no tribe people as i have much respect for them, so you can forget i said anything bad about you earlier , ok chief ? we're cool.
Фёдор Емельяненко
Фёдор Емельяненко
G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:51 am

K-1 level trolling in this thread
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:52 am

shitty tourney.
The Last Emperor
The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:25 am

Awesome tourney and Tonga is nearly as awesome as Samoa.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 am

Sadly, FEG's inability to (and lack of interest to) branch out into a wider market in Europe, UK and USA, outside of selling their name rights for regional qualifying tournaments, combined with their flagging product and a long period of inactivity, has dampened the enthusiasm somewhat.

K-1 would be a welcome addition to any major TV network in England and America. Why hasn't it been thus far, barring a 1hr highlight show on Eurosport once every couple of weeks that has more European kickboxing shown on it anyway?

They've missed their boat. The boat was there for over a decade, but for some reason they've let it glide away into the horizon... now they need money and the Japanese market wont sustain them anymore. Oops
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 am

From liverkick :

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=882:report-xhavit-bajrami-and-rustemi-kreshnik-to-participate-in-k-1-wgp-final-16&catid=36:k-1

Xhavit Bajrami and Rustemi Kreshnik will both participate in the K-1 World Grand Prix Final 16. I don't know much about Bajrami. His wiki said he trained with sensei Hug. He owns a win over Crocop back in 99'

Kreshnik I've only seen on youtube. He fought this weekend @ showtime, but I missed that fight.

I was hoping for Schilt and Saki. Looks like they're pretty desperate for talent

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next