Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito

+6
Camel Hound
True MMA FAN
Donowaman
ARRUABARRENA
Kid Gavilan
CanadianAssault
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 Empty Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:37 am

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito going down Nov 13.
Its only a few weeks away so lets discuss this match!

Here is a link to Part 1 of pacquiao Vs Margarito pre-show http://www.toprank.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=5808&id=728895

CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito

Post by Kid Gavilan Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:44 am

Pacquiao TKO late.
Too much speed, angles, stamina.
I don't see what Margarito has over Pacquiao.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 Empty Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 am

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzer4vb00EiClUZIc00kJ5wEY2iUZBTD2u4O7eRE2ruQ-tMi8&t=1&usg=__lvclhN3SEjwNUnniq5VsATH4nLM=

Comparing this 2 guys height Margarito has a huge height Advantage

Pac-man is 5,6 while Margarito is 5,11!

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 Pacquiaovsmargaritonet-taleofthetapes

IMO Pac man has more skills then margarito does but I think margarito will come in better shape then pac man and he has that size advantage.

more closer were getting to this event my pick is going towards margarito to pull the up-set. Sad
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:42 am

Oscar also had size on Pacquiao, we know how that turned out.
Disagree on Margarito coming better shape, both will be in shape.
Quickness/speed will be the factor.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:13 am

yea I think they both will be in great shape, but Margarito is know to be a gym rat.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:24 am

Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 YRWYNWSNUNPUIDB.20101021190208
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by ARRUABARRENA Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:00 am

Oscar didn't have the size on PacMan he suffered a terrible weight cut and was dead on his feet when he entered the ring.

ARRUABARRENA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:04 am

Jose Aldo hand speed... oh wait HELL no.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Kid Gavilan wrote:

Jose Aldo hand speed... oh wait HELL no.

I one day wish to posses that type of speed in my punches.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I call bullshit on Pac having 8 inch wrists.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 am

CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by True MMA FAN Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm

I am in awe that they allow Margarito back after only a year suspension for what he did. This is not the first time he has been accused of this, but it is the first time he has been caught. Luis Resto went to prison and got banned for life for what he did. Margarito basically did the same thing, but he got caught before he could get in the ring and almost/kill some one. This scumbag does this and then gets a title shot against the best P4P boxer in the world, what a disgrace. I advise everyone not to purchase this PPV. Boycott this fight and the corruption it poses on the great sport of boxing. Write the state athletic commission, WPBF, HBO, WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, and anyone else you deem appropriate about this disgrace to the sport. I know I have done my e-mails to all. It may not do any good, but I did my part for the good of the sport.
True MMA FAN
True MMA FAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:55 am

True MMA FAN wrote:I am in awe that they allow Margarito back after only a year suspension for what he did. This is not the first time he has been accused of this, but it is the first time he has been caught. Luis Resto went to prison and got banned for life for what he did. Margarito basically did the same thing, but he got caught before he could get in the ring and almost/kill some one. This scumbag does this and then gets a title shot against the best P4P boxer in the world, what a disgrace. I advise everyone not to purchase this PPV. Boycott this fight and the corruption it poses on the great sport of boxing. Write the state athletic commission, WPBF, HBO, WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, and anyone else you deem appropriate about this disgrace to the sport. I know I have done my e-mails to all. It may not do any good, but I did my part for the good of the sport.

Dana in the house Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 315932 roflmao Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 371256 lol! Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 20741
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by Camel Hound Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 am

Thank god this is on, now I don't have to watch shitty ufc 122.
Camel Hound
Camel Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Camel Hound Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:52 am

I don't mind if Margarito beats Paquiao, Margarito is a real fighter and not some pussy.
Camel Hound
Camel Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 am

Rigondeaux(6-0) vs Cordoba(37-2) on the undercard.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:05 am

according to @Dan Rafael Twitter
I'm told Brandon Rios likely will replace Pavlik on the PPV next week & Vanes Martirosyan's fight will move onto TV Dec. 4 to replace

looks like pavlik is off the PPV.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:05 am

CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Camel Hound Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:29 am

pavlik is the biggest joke in world boxing. He needs to fight someone who has a chance. I loved when he got schooled against Hopkins.
Camel Hound
Camel Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:32 am

That sucks.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:22 am

Boxing promoter Bob Arum said ticket sales for the Nov. 13 Manny Pacquiao-Antonio Margarito super welterweight fight at Cowboys Stadium have exceeded expectations.

"This one, I think, will go over 60,000," Arum said on a conference call with reporters Wednesday afternoon.

The first boxing match in Cowboys Stadium -- between Joshua Clottey and Pacquiao on March 13 -- drew 50,994, the third largest crowd for an indoor fight in boxing history.

"The response to the ticket sales has been great," Arum said. "We're tracking well ahead of where we were of the Clottey fight, so I'm very, very optimistic."

The largest indoor attendance was 63,315 in 1978 when Muhammad Ali fought Leon Spinks at the Louisiana Superdome in a heavyweight title fight.

Arum said it was good that the Dallas/Fort Worth area sports fan was willing to spend more money on the Texas Rangers during their World Series run, proving that the DFW market was thriving and that he's not concerned about adding another big event.

Arum cited the fight's international appeal for the brisk sales, which should draw a diverse crowd. Pacquiao is from the Philippines, where he is an elected Congressman. Margarito is from Tijuana, Mexico.

The outdoor boxing attendance record was set Feb. 20, 1993, in Mexico City. A reported 136,274 came for the Julio Cesar Chavez-Greg Haugen WBC welterweight bout at Estadio Azteca.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5760601
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by KOQ24 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 am

I think they end up with 45-50k.
Over 60 is just promoters talk.
KOQ24
KOQ24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:12 am

He's been added to the card against Omri Lowther.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by True MMA FAN Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Kid Gavilan wrote:
True MMA FAN wrote:I am in awe that they allow Margarito back after only a year suspension for what he did. This is not the first time he has been accused of this, but it is the first time he has been caught. Luis Resto went to prison and got banned for life for what he did. Margarito basically did the same thing, but he got caught before he could get in the ring and almost/kill some one. This scumbag does this and then gets a title shot against the best P4P boxer in the world, what a disgrace. I advise everyone not to purchase this PPV. Boycott this fight and the corruption it poses on the great sport of boxing. Write the state athletic commission, WPBF, HBO, WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, and anyone else you deem appropriate about this disgrace to the sport. I know I have done my e-mails to all. It may not do any good, but I did my part for the good of the sport.

Dana in the house Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 315932 roflmao Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 371256 lol! Manny Pacquiao Vs. Antonio Margarito	 20741
Go fuck your mother with that Dana in the house shit. I was boxing and watching boxing before the UFC was even thought of. Did you not read my post? If you agree with what is happening then just say so. That is your argument, "Dana in the house"????
True MMA FAN
True MMA FAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Wifebeater Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:30 am

If Margarito beats pacquiao it will be the best thing to happen in boxing right now. If Pac Man beats him the question everyone will ask themselves will be what now? The answer will obviously be money May, but I dont see that fight happening anytime soon. So then who else for Pacs? Cotto(yeah new trainer and all but it will not be different than the first fight) Sugar Shane(wouldnt mind seing it but with the whole in house thing just dont see it) Marquez(yes thats the fight but again the whole keep it in the house thing dont see it happening as well). Now if margarito wins obviously there will be a rematch which will take the first half of the year depending what happens in the first fight, if pacs wins the second fight a third will happen taking the second part of the year. in all i think thats better for boxing as it will give us a year of drama and exitement, I would rather see pacs fight tony in a trilogy than rather see him fight tune ups or tomato cans, however if top rank and golden boy can make out than better fights will happen as in pacs vs marquez/ pacs vs sugar
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next