Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever?

+11
RocknRolla380
veprman
kid
Mighty Trust Krusher
Robotron
Hollywood Dang
R3D
The Super Hyper Creep
joaolaitano
Callum
Buddha_Cat
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Empty Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever?

Post by Buddha_Cat Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 am

What say you? This guy whipes his ass with any wrestler that's for sure. I'm willing to bet that he would have found a way to smash Royce had he been included in the early UFC's

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Empty Re: Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever?

Post by Callum Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 am

only ever seen his match against akira maeda in rings which was apparently a work,

i really dont know enough about him tbh, but i have only ever heard him spoken of with reverence
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Empty Re: Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever?

Post by joaolaitano Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 am

Marcelinho Garcia would choke his big ass out.Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Marcel10
joaolaitano
joaolaitano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Alexander Karelin would roll Marcello Garcia up into a ball and play soccer with him.

Honestly, allmost all olympic coachs in allmost every sport across the planet Acknowledge Karelin as the greatest athlete to EVER LIVE.

I will say he is the most successful athlete to ever compete in a non team sport. He only had one career loss to Rulon Gardner, and that was only after they changed to rules to try to make Greco-Roman bouts more ' fair '.

He also used to run stadium stairs with a refridgerator straped to his back, and routinley would pick up based out opponents off the mat ( termd The Karelin Lift) and hit High-Amp throws with them

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Karelin

The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by joaolaitano Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Im still picking Marcelinho.
joaolaitano
joaolaitano

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:56 pm

joaolaitano wrote:Marcelinho Garcia would choke his big ass out.Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Marcel10

The experiment frowns upon you

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? 155702970_c5955e206a
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Marcelo could tap Karelin in a friendly rolling session. In a real fight, Karelin would smash that guy into pieces.

Marcelo Garcia entered MMA and got KTFO by some Korean can. Karelin would eat Marcelo for protein.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Buddha_Cat wrote:
joaolaitano wrote:Marcelinho Garcia would choke his big ass out.Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? Marcel10

The experiment frowns upon you

Alexander Karelin : Greatest grappler ever? 155702970_c5955e206a

holy fuck that is a scary picture

and if that isnt shopped that guy is fucking huge
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Imagine this guy in MMA or pro-wrestling? This would have been gold.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotron Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 am

joaolaitano wrote:Im still picking Marcelinho.

Roger would be a fairer fight for karelin ..Garcia is a pretty small dude.
Robotron
Robotron

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 am

Hollywood Dang wrote:Imagine this guy in MMA or pro-wrestling? This would have been gold.

He had that one match with hrrr in RINGS, but they say it was a work ???

He could probolly still come back now a days and wreck shop.
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by joaolaitano Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:05 am

Robotron wrote:
joaolaitano wrote:Im still picking Marcelinho.

Roger would be a fairer fight for karelin ..Garcia is a pretty small dude.
Thats the point, and im saying an ADCC rules match, not MMA.

And if you guys saw the MMA fight of Garcia he fought at 185, and he is 5'6 that walks around 170, and he didnt get knocked out he wasnt able to continue due to a cut.
joaolaitano
joaolaitano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 am

Karelin would have been the greatest monster heel of all-time

Sucks Karelin was defeated by Rulon's youthful chub.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:26 am

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:
He had that one match with hrrr in RINGS, but they say it was a work ???

I have that show and im pretty certain it was a work
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 am

though it is on sherdog as a legit fight - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alexander-Karelin-25349
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by kid Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 pm

R3D wrote:Marcelo could tap Karelin in a friendly rolling session. In a real fight, Karelin would smash that guy into pieces.

Marcelo Garcia entered MMA and got KTFO by some Korean can. Karelin would eat Marcelo for protein.

have you seen the fight? he didnt get "ktfo" by any means. and the korean isn't a can either, he's a well respected judoka!

garcia consistently chokes grapplers who live eat and breath submission grappling. he would handle karelin in an ADCC or IBJJF rule set, yes. it's simply a different sport than what karelin competed in. but all things considered you could call karelin a better grappler imo. i would say masahiko kimura was possibly better than him!

kid

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Yes I saw the fight. Marcelo went for desperation td's and caught a crazy knee.

And yes, Dae Won Kim is a CAN. He may be a respected Judoka, maybe even a decent fighter, but his record and competition up to this point makes him a CAN.

I already said Marcelo can tap ANYONE in a friendly rolling/ ADCC rules match, but in a REAL FIGHT, Karelin would tear him into pieces. The x guard wouldnt work on a beast like Karelin. Garcia would get beaten damn near to death. Karelin used to rag doll 300lb olympic wrestlers while they were based out and resisting. He would throw Marcelinho to the moon.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:15 am

Take a picture of this rare occasion but I completey agree with R3D lol

Karelin is the greatest Greco-Roman wrestler, and possibly the greatest wrestler to ever walk the Earth. I dont care what super jiu-jitsu technique or special guard game you have, when your that big, strong ,fast, and powerfull, it negates alot of technique. Plus the man isnt a stranger to grappling either. Alot of those old Soviet Bloc wrestlers crossed trained in Judo, and Sambo.

Also Kid if you want to pull the Kimura card...

I'll just pull the Ed "Strangler" Lewis one ! alien

The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:30 am

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:Take a picture of this rare occasion but I completey agree with R3D lol

Karelin is the greatest Greco-Roman wrestler, and possibly the greatest wrestler to ever walk the Earth. I dont care what super jiu-jitsu technique or special guard game you have, when your that big, strong ,fast, and powerfull, it negates alot of technique. Plus the man isnt a stranger to grappling either. Alot of those old Soviet Bloc wrestlers crossed trained in Judo, and Sambo.

Also Kid if you want to pull the Kimura card...

I'll just pull the Ed "Strangler" Lewis one ! alien

I agree. Strength can neutralize technique. I wonder how a large and powerful BJJ/Catch/Sambo guy would do though.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by RocknRolla380 Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:37 am

Creep knows my reverence for Karelin. There are few wrestlers that I have tried to idol myself after. Karelin, The Brand Bro's, Kendall Cross, Gable, Sanderson, Baumgartner, I tried to take a little from everyone of them and try to make it my own. Karelin was a monster in his time. I can't watch the Gardner match because of how much it angers me. Gardner shut down after that one point.

RocknRolla380

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 am

Hell yeah bro, after that one V over Karelin Gardner flop'd big time. He is preported to be 500 lbs now.
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:47 am

Karelin > Marcelo via picking up him and slamming his head into the ground.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysine Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:08 pm

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:Hell yeah bro, after that one V over Karelin Gardner flop'd big time. He is preported to be 500 lbs now.

Yeah, you're not wrong. I really had no idea it was that much.

http://www.suite101.com/content/olympic-wrestler-to-compete-on-the-biggest-loser-season-11-a320756

Karelin over Garcia if they were playing for keeps. Karelin competed with an intensity and focus I hadn't ever seen before. It's great watching someone that driven.
Lysine
Lysine

Back to top Go down

Post by RocknRolla380 Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Rulon was a fat wrestler when he competed. This is a guy who is tough as nails but he has never struck me as the disciplined type. After his last olympic attempt he probably found refuge in eating entire fried cows.

RocknRolla380

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:07 am

RocknRolla380 wrote: After his last olympic attempt he probably found refuge in eating entire fried cows.

Thats because he knew what it took to be a true champion. Gardner vs. Kaz Kakamura !
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum