Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . .

+11
goddamnsleepingpill
Hollywood Dang
Robotron
The Last Emperor
Fletch
Isaac Haze
R3D
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
blueyedsamurai
veprman
Nevermore84
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . . Empty I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . .

Post by Nevermore84 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 am

I know much of Team Takeover worships Alistair Overeem but I don't understand how anyone can be impressed by his performance in the 2010 K-1 WGP. In his first fight of the night with a fighter that Overeem was expected to dominate and knockout, undersized Tyrone Spong had him in a lot of trouble in the very first round. Spong arguably won the second round (I had it scored for Overeem) and only faded in the third after giving him all that he could handle. In his second fight, Overeem faced a badly battered and brutalized Gokhan Saki. Saki was soundly beating Overeem to the punch with one hand and even knocked him down with an explosive spinning back kick. If Saki had two healthy hands and arms, Overeem would have been KTFO. In his final fight of the night, he took on living legend Peter Aerts who was one of the most impressive fighters of the whole tournament having taken out Mighty Mo and soundly thrashing the reigning Champion Semmy Schilt. Aerts was totally done for when it came time to fight Overeem and it showed. He had an easy road to the title.

Don't misunderstand, Overeem is a good fighter but he is not worthy of all the hype that is heaped on him. It seems that everyone forgot what Badr Hari did to him last year. Saki proved that he could annhilate Overeem. Other fighters like Ghita, Karaev, Bonjasky, and Schilt can definitely take out Overeem imo. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Alistair considering he has come into a different sport and proven that he is capable of hanging with the best (provided that he is doing all this while being exclusively on a horse meat diet). Overeem is a good fighter, but not a great one like many on here are making him out to be. He is not close to being the best in K-1 or MMA. Badr and Fedor send their regards.

Nevermore84

Back to top Go down

I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . . Empty Re: I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . .

Post by veprman Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:07 am

I can't see how anyone who knows Spong would say it would be an easy victory and a early KO. That's probably just MMA fans talking.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . . Empty Re: I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . .

Post by blueyedsamurai Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Nevermore84 wrote:I know much of Team Takeover worships Alistair Overeem but I don't understand how anyone can be impressed by his performance in the 2010 K-1 WGP. In his first fight of the night with a fighter that Overeem was expected to dominate and knockout, undersized Tyrone Spong had him in a lot of trouble in the very first round. Spong arguably won the second round (I had it scored for Overeem) and only faded in the third after giving him all that he could handle. In his second fight, Overeem faced a badly battered and brutalized Gokhan Saki. Saki was soundly beating Overeem to the punch with one hand and even knocked him down with an explosive spinning back kick. If Saki had two healthy hands and arms, Overeem would have been KTFO. In his final fight of the night, he took on living legend Peter Aerts who was one of the most impressive fighters of the whole tournament having taken out Mighty Mo and soundly thrashing the reigning Champion Semmy Schilt. Aerts was totally done for when it came time to fight Overeem and it showed. He had an easy road to the title.

Don't misunderstand, Overeem is a good fighter but he is not worthy of all the hype that is heaped on him. It seems that everyone forgot what Badr Hari did to him last year. Saki proved that he could annhilate Overeem. Other fighters like Ghita, Karaev, Bonjasky, and Schilt can definitely take out Overeem imo. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Alistair considering he has come into a different sport and proven that he is capable of hanging with the best (provided that he is doing all this while being exclusively on a horse meat diet). Overeem is a good fighter, but not a great one like many on here are making him out to be. He is not close to being the best in K-1 or MMA. Badr and Fedor send their regards.

u lost me when u thought the spong fight was easy winnings
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:44 pm

I saw this same thread on shitdog, bro reem had the toughest road, spong is a murderer, he is technically the best fighter in that k-1 gp, ppl who know spong knows he was going to be a tough ass fight.

Schilt was the one with the easy road and he had trouble with both guys, yes saki was injured, but reems fight with spong, he easily had the toughest fight of the night,

Im really getting sick of people righting off spong.
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Reem and his coach both said hed KO Spong in under 2. Just sayin'
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Reem and his coach r obviouslly brain dead, reem forgot he would get schooled by a 160 pd 18 yr old spong back in the day and now he think he could ko him just cause he has power, get out of here with that shit.

Reem should be lucky he didnt get knocked out
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Reems glass jaw almost go shattered.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm

R3D wrote:Reems glass jaw almost go shattered.

reem had the hardest route to follow, although it ended up being alot easier, shilt had the easiest fights and still couldnt do it.

When i looked at the draw i wasnt sure reem could do it
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaac Haze Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

HE'S A FUCKING MMA FIGHTER! NOT A KICK BOXER! HE'S NOW THE UNDISPUTED KICKBOXING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD AND DISPUTED MMA CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! Duh! Give prop were it's due. He crossed over sports and beat the best.
Isaac Haze
Isaac Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Isaac Haze wrote:HE'S A FUCKING MMA FIGHTER! NOT A KICK BOXER! HE'S NOW THE UNDISPUTED KICKBOXING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD AND DISPUTED MMA CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! Duh! Give prop were it's due. He crossed over sports and beat the best.

this.........

I was actually going to make a tread saying wtf is up with everyone..........this guy even though had kickboxing experience, was an mma fighter and won the greatest show on earth
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Nevermore84 wrote:I know much of Team Takeover worships Alistair Overeem but I don't understand how anyone can be impressed by his performance in the 2010 K-1 WGP.....

You honestly lost me on the first sentence I'm very glad you won that fight Alistair, but I'm not impressed by your performance . . . 20741

If winning a K-1 WGP doesn't impress you, then I dont know what the fuck kind of fight fan YOU are!

Maeda orders you to cease this nonsense

hrrr
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Emperor Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm

R3D wrote:Reems glass jaw almost go shattered.

Yep

But he winning all thing thats it. Bravo Reem.
The Last Emperor
The Last Emperor
W.S.J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotron Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 pm

you lost me at unimpressed.
Robotron
Robotron

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollywood Dang Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Not being impressed in winning the K-1 World GP.

Im not impressed by your mental effort.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 pm

i guess overeem will have to beat the sun in a staring contest before he will get any credit
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 am

i agree ts. FIrst of all i think Spong is a monster and will very soon be a notch right below saki and ghita as the next gen fighters after all the greats now fade away. You will hear Hari, Saki, Ghita and spong like we have heard remy, hari, schilt, aerts, lebanner for a decade or so. BUT spong had no prior gp experience and although he has had a ton of fights, he has never faced this kind of comp before aside from losing to saki and Jerome. Allistair was the huge favorite on paper not based on skill but based on top level experience in both k1 and mma and the HUGE size advantage. WHy wouldnt allistair be the favorite, he beat hari once and took Remy who was the #2 fighter in the world at the time to a very close decision.
Then he faced a broken down SAki who even with 1 arm could ko anybody in the ufc he wanted to but against Allistair he wasnt able to compete because of the injury then he fought a galliant aerts who gave everything he had to the number 1 fighter in the world and pulling off easily the biggest upset of the toruney. If hari and remy were in the gp his road would have been bumpier thats for sure. IF Aerts was fresh and fought like he did against semmy, who knows that would have been a fight for the ages.
Im not taking anything away from Allistair, he won and he is the king of k1 right now. If he can do this again next year, this guy is a fucking legend. Right now he is just an awesome fighter beating who is put in front of him.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:28 am

if overeem knocked out all 3 opponents with one punch people would still find something to discredit his win

really!

fuck the haters

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:26 am

im not hating, it sure as hell wasnt easy as I wrote before, but if hari and remy were in the toruney it would have been a lot harder.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:17 am

goddamnsleepingpill wrote:im not hating, it sure as hell wasnt easy as I wrote before, but if hari and remy were in the toruney it would have been a lot harder.

agreed! when i heard remmy (who overeem could beat imo) and hari were out

I was like oh shit! this could be overeems year. TBH i thought overeem wud not get past Ghita - but it turned out differently

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:23 am

lol @ the idea of anyone who isnt completely impressed with Reems GP Win being a "hater"
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 am

I didn't know Spong, Saki, and Aerts were cans.

I guess K-1 striking is overrated.

It all makes sense now.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:41 am

SO he won the WGP and your not impressed... so what should he have done differently to impress you? Lost? lol gtfo
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:46 am

goddamnsleepingpill wrote:i agree ts. FIrst of all i think Spong is a monster and will very soon be a notch right below saki and ghita as the next gen fighters after all the greats now fade away. You will hear Hari, Saki, Ghita and spong like we have heard remy, hari, schilt, aerts, lebanner for a decade or so. BUT spong had no prior gp experience and although he has had a ton of fights, he has never faced this kind of comp before aside from losing to saki and Jerome. Allistair was the huge favorite on paper not based on skill but based on top level experience in both k1 and mma and the HUGE size advantage. WHy wouldnt allistair be the favorite, he beat hari once and took Remy who was the #2 fighter in the world at the time to a very close decision.
Then he faced a broken down SAki who even with 1 arm could ko anybody in the ufc he wanted to but against Allistair he wasnt able to compete because of the injury then he fought a galliant aerts who gave everything he had to the number 1 fighter in the world and pulling off easily the biggest upset of the toruney. If hari and remy were in the gp his road would have been bumpier thats for sure. IF Aerts was fresh and fought like he did against semmy, who knows that would have been a fight for the ages.
Im not taking anything away from Allistair, he won and he is the king of k1 right now. If he can do this again next year, this guy is a fucking legend. Right now he is just an awesome fighter beating who is put in front of him.

Aerts and semmy had an easier route in reality, Aerts beat semmy before in the exact same way, overeem would of crushed a fresh aerts again, aerts just knows how to beat semmy.

K1 GPs are based alot on luck and trying not to get injured, and alister managed not to
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by R3D Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:49 am

Its not about Aerts and Ghita being cans.

Its about them being able to fight to the best of their abilities when Reem met them. Aerts would have probably lost to Reem either way, but one would be a fool to think Saki wouldnt have put on a better performance if he didnt have to fight with ONE ARM.

Saki STILL dropped Reem with spinning heel kick and busted him up with the the left hand a few times before Reem completely shattered his arm.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 am

its a tourney ffs
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next