Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th

+7
Soy Chingon
Wisdom Blows
CanadianAssault
Mighty Trust Krusher
Kid Gavilan
Callum
rcv604
11 posters

Go down

Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th Empty Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th

Post by rcv604 Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:39 am

Original Article: http://www.rabbit-punch.net/pacquiao-mosley-going-down-may-7th.html

You guys know it’s no secret my feelings towards Manny Pacquiao. He’s my hero, he’s a hero to Rabbit-Punch.net . I mean sure we cover a lot of MMA, we cover a lot of Kickboxing, but we’ll never forget the “Sweet Science”. To be honest from time to time it is hard to cover and to address every single fight, every single event in the Combat Sports world, but we do our best. Hell if you think you can do better then me or if there is something that you feel needs to be addressed, please don’t hesitate to contact us here. Anyways, let’s cut to the chase and get straight to the point what this post is all about.

With all due respect to “Sugar” Shane Mosley, this isn’t the fight I wanted to see, and this isn’t the fight most fans wanted to see. I’ve been following Mosley’s career for many years, he’s actually one of my favorite boxers. We are familiar with his respected Amateur career, he went undefeated for 38 professional fights from 1993-2001 until he lost to the late Vernon Forrest in 2002 (lost again in a rematch six months after). Has held three titles in three different weight classes, beating the likes of Oscar De La Hoya (twice), Fernando Vargas (twice as well), Ricardo Mayorga, and Antonio Margarito. Even through his 2003 steroid scandal, he still remains a popular and respected name in the Boxing
Community. He even now works with his former rival Oscar De La Hoya as part of Golden Boy Promotions company. His last fight against Sergio Mora wasn’t the most exciting bout (the fight was ruled a draw), but I personally felt like he won and landed more significant punches. It will be interesting to see how he matches up with Manny.

Now with all that being said about the great “Sugar” Shane Mosley, let’s not forget about our boy Pacquiao. Manny is fresh off his dominating decision victory over Antonio Margarito. Pac-Man beat up a man who was not only much taller then him (Manny is 5’6, Margarito 5’11), but was also out-weighed him by twenty pounds! Manny’s combination of speed, power, and accuracy is too much for most opponents regardless of size. It’ll be interesting how Sugar and Pac-Man match up against each other. Mosley is 5’9 compared to Margarito’s 5’11 frame. However, Mosley has one more inch of extra reach Margarito didn’t have (74 inches). We’ve seen Manny’s ability to use his speed and footwork to get inside the pocket of a bigger opponent, it’s going to be interesting to see how Mosley deals with this.

If Manny can win this fight, I sincerely hope we can eventually see him fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. With all the recent trouble with the law, also both men are allegedly “ducking” each other, the dream of seeing this match up seems only possible when playing Fight Night. However before we even bring “Money” back into the picture, let’s not count out “Old Man” Mosley. His chances are kind of slim, but I believe the clever veteran may have something up his sleeve.

Original Article: http://www.rabbit-punch.net/pacquiao-mosley-going-down-may-7th.html
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th Empty Re: Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th

Post by Callum Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:41 am

dont want
Callum
Callum

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th Empty Re: Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th

Post by rcv604 Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:50 am

Callum wrote:dont want

That's exactly how I felt, but I find it an interesting match up none the less.
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 am

Mosley= less risk, more PPV's.
Berto= no name, but dangerous.
JMM= matches up too well with Pacquiao.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:30 am

Mosley is getting battered.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:33 am

May 7th guess ill try and be busy that day so I miss this mockery of a fight.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom Blows Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:23 pm

shane is definitely passed it, but you guys are acting like he is chopped liver.

isnt the guy still ranked in the top 10 p4p?

there is literally only one fight left for manny, and the guy wont fight him.
Wisdom Blows
Wisdom Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:35 pm

No he is not in the P4P he is coming off a lose and a draw.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Pac is gonna smash him so bad, I'm anticipating a referee stoppage around the 8th or 9th
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Hopefully they do JMM 3 after this.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by KOQ24 Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 am

Other than Mayweather no other WW interests me right now that could face Manny.
Unless he takes on the big guys (Martinez,Williams)
KOQ24
KOQ24

Back to top Go down

Post by Grabaka Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 am

i dont want to see this.shane has the power to rock manny but its not going to happen.i wish they could just get manny and floyd to fight
Grabaka
Grabaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:43 am

Shane actually says he's gonna try to outbox Manny lol
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 am

Honestly, people are being too harsh on this match up. While he didn't look great against Mora, Mosley is still top 3 at LightMiddle and just as legit of an opponent as anyone else not named Mayweather.

Are we really going to fault Pacman for fighting the STILL TOP RANKED proven veteran in Mosley, instead of a TOP RANKED but UNPROVEN Berto? Doesn't make sense to me.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 am

THIS MAN Should of had a shot at manny again. he should of won both fights but was robbed.

Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th 5214854552_eac5db079c
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 am

CanadianAssault wrote:THIS MAN Should of had a shot at manny again. he should of won both fights but was robbed.

Pacquiao / Mosley going down May 7th 5214854552_eac5db079c

He gets more out of fighting and beating Mosley. bounce
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 am

he gets more money thats it. bob arum wanted this match up the fans don't. JMM deserve to have 1 more bout with pac-man he was robbed he deserve the fight.

mosley did horrible with mora and get got raped against mayweather.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 am

# I'm impressed that CBS is going to air 3 Fight Camp eps. By leaving 1 exclusive to Showtime it might drive a few subscriptions too. 3 minutes ago via web

# Ep. 4 is on Showtime at 10 pm 5/6 & replays on CBS 5/7 (fight day) at 2 pm ET/11 am PT. That's HUGE network exposure for Pacquiao-Mosley 7 minutes ago via web

# Ep. 1 will also replay on Showtime on 4/16. Ep. 2 ais 4/23 on Showtime. Ep. 3 -- get ready -- airs in prime time on CBS on Saturday, 4/30. 8 minutes ago via web

# The Pacquiao-Mosley Fight Camp series premieres Saturday, 4/2 at noon ET/ 9 am PT on CBS before network's coverage of the Final Four. 10 minutes ago via web

# Showtime formally announced the 4-part Fight Camp 360° for Pacquiao-Mosley. Three of the eps will air on CBS.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 am

Chyeah man, big ups for sharing the details with us!
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:33 am

Wonder if this will out sell mayweather/mosley...

anyway I'm glad I can see the fight camp on CBS but too bad they could not find any one better then old man mosley to fight pac man Sad
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 am

CanadianAssault wrote:Wonder if this will out sell mayweather/mosley...

anyway I'm glad I can see the fight camp on CBS but too bad they could not find any one better then old man mosley to fight pac man Sad

I don't think we'll ever see Manny / Money, I'm beginning to give up. Crying or Very sad
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:55 am

well if Mayweather retires or w8 then I guess we will not see the fight, but there is still alot of guys out there that is worthy to fight, berto Juan Manuel Márquez Cotto(At a higher weight this time) amir khan(yes i know his with freddy but still if all the comp is gone looks like this fight can happen) timothy bradley. good list of ppl there for fights, they should of skipped mosley.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down