Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling.

+4
Nycto Da 6'0
bfnick
Donowaman
The Super Hyper Creep
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling. Empty The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling.

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:15 am

The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling. Empty Re: The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling.

Post by Donowaman Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:19 am

Lettuce be reality, Jacare is a far better grappler than anyone ever associated with Gene Lebell.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling. Empty Re: The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling.

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:21 am

Bruce Lee > Jacare
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 am

This
The real combination of Judo & Catch Wrestling. Kimura
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:05 am

Does anyone actually catch wrestle? I pretty much didn't understand what it actually was, because just watching guys fight, its hard to tell apart from BJJ. I didn't really get what Barnett did that Jake Shields didn't, then I started watching their submissions and realized all the pressure pointing and just "dirty" grappling it contains. It was amazing. I saw a guy tap a dude out who had his hooks on his back by leaning his elbow between the guys shin and calf. Barnett said there was something his coach used to do that he doesn't really understand yet, where he would pressure point his ankles with his knees when he had butterflies in, and it hurt so much that he was spending his time dodging knees than grappling. It's amazing shit. I wish there was some place I could learn this. I love BJJ n all, but Catch just seems so unique, as so few people can actually do it. I'd love to take it up some day.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:17 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Does anyone actually catch wrestle? I pretty much didn't understand what it actually was, because just watching guys fight, its hard to tell apart from BJJ. I didn't really get what Barnett did that Jake Shields didn't, then I started watching their submissions and realized all the pressure pointing and just "dirty" grappling it contains. It was amazing. I saw a guy tap a dude out who had his hooks on his back by leaning his elbow between the guys shin and calf. Barnett said there was something his coach used to do that he doesn't really understand yet, where he would pressure point his ankles with his knees when he had butterflies in, and it hurt so much that he was spending his time dodging knees than grappling. It's amazing shit. I wish there was some place I could learn this. I love BJJ n all, but Catch just seems so unique, as so few people can actually do it. I'd love to take it up some day.

I am a Catch-as-Catch-can Wrestler.

The move your refering to is the shin lock. I like using this move when people try to put there hooks in on me, but it also works from a variety of different posistions. It sucks to get put in.

If your in the NYC area, and would like to learn some Catch, contact me and I'll be more then happy to let you suplex me a few times lol. I might be starting to run class's soon...well not so much class's..just a Catch Wrestling / MMA club.

The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 am

Also in Catch just liike any other grappling style, the submissions are basically the same, but the principals, philosophies, and nuances differer from other grappling styles.

Take for instance the Top Wrist Lock ( aka the "Kimura" ).
As opposed to most BJJ circles, the way we frame up is quite different.

Let Coach Tony Cecchine explain it.

The differance is incredible, trust me. Try it out for yourself.
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 am

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:
Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:Does anyone actually catch wrestle? I pretty much didn't understand what it actually was, because just watching guys fight, its hard to tell apart from BJJ. I didn't really get what Barnett did that Jake Shields didn't, then I started watching their submissions and realized all the pressure pointing and just "dirty" grappling it contains. It was amazing. I saw a guy tap a dude out who had his hooks on his back by leaning his elbow between the guys shin and calf. Barnett said there was something his coach used to do that he doesn't really understand yet, where he would pressure point his ankles with his knees when he had butterflies in, and it hurt so much that he was spending his time dodging knees than grappling. It's amazing shit. I wish there was some place I could learn this. I love BJJ n all, but Catch just seems so unique, as so few people can actually do it. I'd love to take it up some day.

I am a Catch-as-Catch-can Wrestler.

The move your refering to is the shin lock. I like using this move when people try to put there hooks in on me, but it also works from a variety of different posistions. It sucks to get put in.

If your in the NYC area, and would like to learn some Catch, contact me and I'll be more then happy to let you suplex me a few times lol. I might be starting to run class's soon...well not so much class's..just a Catch Wrestling / MMA club.

Yeah that was the video I watched. I'm not in the NYC area though unfortunately... I live in Central Canada. Hockey fighting is the primary martial art here.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 am

That video was nuts though. It seems so much more scientific than BJJ. Like just holding my own thumb like that, it makes so much sense how its harder to get out of than a kimura. Probably a little harder to set up too.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:35 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:That video was nuts though. It seems so much more scientific than BJJ. Like just holding my own thumb like that, it makes so much sense how its harder to get out of than a kimura. Probably a little harder to set up too.

Its actually pretty easy if you practice it. Its actually easyer if you controll from the hand ( longer lever-more power ),
then from the forearm (shorter lever -less power)

Wich should get you the concession much much quicker.
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysine Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:Also in Catch just liike any other grappling style, the submissions are basically the same, but the principals, philosophies, and nuances differer from other grappling styles.

Amazing. I'm not too familiar with Catch wrestling, but the technical differences are fascinating. I like the small variations in kinesiology compared to other styles of grappling. These Vids you've been posting are a treat. Cool
Lysine
Lysine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 am

Im glad your enjoying them ! I love educating as many people as possible about the history & philosophy of CACC. I will try create a techniques section for different styles were everybody can post techniques and converse / debate on them .

It will be stickied in this section as well.

The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by RocknRolla380 Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 am

Really good video I found on Middle Easy with Paulson

RocknRolla380

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Whatever that submission was at 1:05 ish was pretty fucking badass. He said it was a neck crank? It looked like it was also some sort of crusifixed armbar if he wanted to yank the arm.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:31 pm

That video is pretty bad ass. If anybody knows there CACC is Coach Paulson.
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 pm

I hear Paulson is more costly to have coach you than Rickson Gracie
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 pm

I trained a couple a time with Paulson and I must say its well worth it !
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:00 pm

How much we talkin?
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysine Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:52 pm

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:Im glad your enjoying them ! I love educating as many people as possible about the history & philosophy of CACC. I will try create a techniques section for different styles were everybody can post techniques and converse / debate on them .

It will be stickied in this section as well.

Great to hear, cheers for doing this. I'm slowly making my way through these threads and would be very interested to hear more about the history and philosophy of CACC.

cheers
Lysine
Lysine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Super Hyper Creep Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:49 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:How much we talkin?

80 bucks a day, but that was for a seminar.
The Super Hyper Creep
The Super Hyper Creep
+ Strong Style +

Back to top Go down

Post by IQ Wrestler Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:51 am

The Super Hyper Creep wrote:Also in Catch just liike any other grappling style, the submissions are basically the same, but the principals, philosophies, and nuances differer from other grappling styles.

Catch is by far my favorite style of grappling, unfortunately i'll never be able to learn it due to living in the outback so thanks for these awesome vids.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler
Kick•Submission•Suplex

Back to top Go down

Post by Grabaka Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:59 am

Grabaka
Grabaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:15 am

wrap it in [youtube ] [/ youtube] tags to embed.

Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Grabaka Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am

o ok
Grabaka
Grabaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 am

awesome video btw
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum