Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011)

3 posters

Go down

Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011) Empty Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011)

Post by StillWill Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 am

A very interesting Dutch interview, from http://www.fightsport-matchmaking.com/

Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011) Img04010
Personalia
Name: Clinton Tyrone Spong
Birthdate: 09/03/1985
Hometown: Paramaribo, Suriname
Length: 1.88 m
Weight: 102-103 kg
Record: 103-5-1
Number (T) K.O: 67
Titles:-Eight-times world champion (76 kg, 2x 79 kg, 82 kg, 3 times 86 kg, 95 kg)
-Two-time European champion (72.5 kg and 76 kg)
Benelux champion (70 kg)
-Dutch champion (66 kg)

After a few times to have bad luck in the form of a broken hand twice in a row, the k1 grand prix of the 2010 really tough comeback for Tyrone Spong. In the final 16 in Seoul, he defeated Ray Sefo by points, and qualified himself for the heavyweight dream: the last 8 of the K1 Grand Prix in Japan. This was also his debut in the final 8.
In the eyes of many people was the worst draw that Tyrone could take, given he was in the first match of the evening was the gloves crosses with Alistair Overeem.

Alistair and you are not strangers to each other, after years of training together with Lucien Carbin. What did you think of the draw and the fact that you have him in your first batch would take? Mixed feelings because it would be against an old friend, or ... ....?
"We train for several years stopped speaking. If I were not in the first round would get it later then I might encounter. Frankly, I looked that way. I like a challenge.

Some experts gave you no chance against "The Reem. However, they can only say afterwards that you've done well.
"If I may respond to: I must say I am disappointed in some statements which are made on the forums. Knowing that people do what they're talking? It is very easy from your computer to judge someone. There are more fighters in transition to the heavy weights, but I am now back to the last eight. That will not suit everyone. Anyway I'm still growing in this weight. There is so much more out of it. Give fighters not only me, but in general! - The respect and appreciation they deserve.
About myself I can say that I have learned from my losses,. No one opponent that I've lost the gift received.

It was a spectacular contest that was won by Alistair on points. The first round did you focus your boxing techniques. Alistair was very athletic, he later gave to him was that you had put a good performance and was very grown. What did you think of your own performance in that game? How could you do a good beginning of round could not continue in 2 and 3?
Obviously I was disappointed. I had trained hard. But I was not good enough at this point in the match. The first round was for me. Final first round broke my toe was so moving and stairs difficult. I had better gekunt but he rightly won. He also fought well throughout the tournament. I also believe that it was fine for the public. I think that is also an important thing, every time I want to entertain the audience.
What has certainly played a role in my preparation that I had bad luck again with an injury. In the old fracture in my hand was back in my bones and tear. I spent the whole preparation can not beat with the right until shortly before the race day. Sparring Sat therefore not. But I do not look for excuses and do not complain further about it. I'm just being honest. For the future, but I'm not busy. If I can prepare and injury free fight will only get better. "

You are the current champions on Showtime max 95 kg. Is it still that you will defend that title eerdaags? (Or Saki Corbett may also be that weight class and get a lot of people are still waiting for a rematch ... ..!) Otherwise the title vacant.
"I've just been told my management decided not to defend him. But if in the future I can get that weight back I am sure open. I happen to be LOVED belts! :-)
From 66 kg, I have EVERY 95 kilograms weight class all titles that are to be achieved. I of course calling the K1 also wants. Then I have everything completely.

There are many fighters who we want to see you. How do you make to the following parties? Saki rematch, rematch Corbett, Manhoeff, Badr?
"All top fighters. I go away from anyone. As I mentioned earlier what I like challenges. If management decides that, I make sure I'm ready. "

Who is in your corner and why those people? What is their specific part in your training / coaching?
Harry Hooft, Ernesto Hoost, and Ryan Bindraban. It is standard that there are three. Harry and Ernesto complementary. Both training and coaching with. Ryan is my strength and conditioning coach. He is my confidant, I like having him around. But he coaches not in the corner.

Are there, now you have more experience as a heavyweight, things you would address differently than in the beginning?
"What's done is done. I've had some disappointments, but has been fighting 11 years and I still find it fun. Overall I am satisfied with the progress of my career. "

You started training with Lucien Carbin, at age 14. At what weight you fought first game, and how old were you?
"I was 15 years and then fought at 66 kg. I won that game in the first round ko.

Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011) Img04011
(On the photo Son of Guy 2 years)

You're running for almost two years under the guidance of Hoost / Hooft. What they have added on your training Lucien Carbin?
"Well if you're serious and you can listen carefully to Lucien a long way. He has everything to bring you there. Harry and Ernesto in my favor is that they themselves experience as a heavyweight. And that experience gives me take them in my practice such organized and timing. I say so, two idiots are better than one! And as a fighter anyway, you never stop learning. There are always improvements.

If you have a choice, would you prefer 3x3 min K1 rules fight, or old-fashioned 5x3 min muay thai rules?
"I love 5x3 min fight! In that respect, I fall into the category of old skool. So I was raised, with 5x3 min Fighters break now often used 3x3. I think five more rounds of the quality of the fighter shows. I do find it absurd how quickly broken during the clinch. As long as there is any action should be able to continue. "

Who do you see yourself as a potential candidate / opponent already underway to come? Talents of the future for the K1?
"I do not keep me busy. Who do I presented, I have to participate. And I have to make sure I win it!
Jason Wilnis fun doing it, but he is 86 kg so first see how his weight evolved. I do not walk ahead of things. "

You were invincible last year at 76 kg. Who do you see as a likely candidate / successor for that coveted spot?
Aussie doing well until now. He does have potential to be the crown to take over in the premier class. But yes, sometimes people change weight, and the opponents are fluctuating so the future will tell. "

What is your your best match?
"There are a lot of special events. I live to any party here! And I relive those games other than the public. I have to do with mental preparation, training, employment, and all events during a preparation.
When I'd fight against Shakuta died a very good friend who is like family to me. I continued training, fought and won just party. Nobody in the audience knew the situation down, why is it different for me. These may make some victories for me personally better than the other. "

Who are your favorite fighters, you would like to see a standing matchmaking?
"My own favorites are Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather. Galas in the Netherlands I am charmed by Mosab, who always puts down great parties. Furthermore Sergio Wielzen, CHAID Oulad el Hadj, Andy Souwer and more guys. Sometimes I even enjoy my opponent when I am opposite. Then they do something you think "Okay that was beautiful!" So in that way I enjoy it also. Anyway I have respect for my opponents. They have made me who I am. "

You've had a while ago an offer to go boxing. Is that something we are doing to see you soon?
'Right, I had received an offer from Floyd Mayweather for Top Rank Gym in Las Vegas (USA). I was never there on that one. When I was lighter. Recently there seems to touch, and I want to go to America to train there. Then we'll see what's happened. "

What do you think after all this time still the nice things about the workout?
"I'm starting my 14th year working daily workout. Already 11 years day in and day out. I just find it really fun to party hard to put down! I've really needed that challenge. By train you can every time more information on it and refine your technique. What is less fun, is that every morning I need to get to the gym to go. I have trouble getting up every day! But once I'm awake, it does not matter what I do :-) "

Do you have other hobbies besides training?
"My love and passion: my two kids! (Given daughter is 4, and son Guy 2) In addition, my dogs, I'm currently eleven. And our third child comes next month, so that's fun. "

You've MBO diploma retail (business) achieved. Are you planning what to do I get?
"I now know how to run a business. And I've gained so many contacts, who knows what happens. But that is all future music '.

What are your future plans?
"Everything for the future, in consultation with my management. So I'll see what comes my way. "

You have a while given no interviews in the Netherlands. Is that a reason?
"It is now 2011, and I thought it was time for a new year interview! I was a bit tired of everything, I was settled on anything. I was leveling from Sat. Like I said, I am disappointed in some 'experts'. Well I'm never on the internet but I hear through the grapevine is everything. Sometimes I agree, but that never lasts long. This is my work, and I know what I can and can not. The only thing I told the 'experts' want to say is: awareness and appreciate the quality of all the fighters we have here.
And I have enough good people around me whom I immediately want to thank:

-The people I do have supported and still support: be appreciated!
-My family, mother, sister, friend, and my number one motivation: Given and Guy.
-Harry Hooft, he is always ready for me. He and I to the end!
-Ernesto "Emo" Hoost, for the peace, tranquility and perfection.
-Rene Rooze, to go deep during training.
-Ryan 'Sammy' Bindraban, always ready for me. And always cleans up my mess on ... .. what am I without him.
Fri-Dick and Hans Nijman, for their hospitality. I can always go to their gym.
-Lucien Carbin, my teacher and mentor from the day that walked into his gym.
-Jerry Morris sparring until we drop fell.
London-Marco for his side kick on my liver.
Dylan Graves Mountain for the disappearance of the pads.
Mario Borzic for training and teaching my mentality. He Imro and I often went home with a headache!
Rini-Mate, for all the support and all you have meant to me
Remon-Daalder, for all the confidence and the best of my career to get:
Tyrone Spong Tyrone Spong is BLF and BLF.
-Also all the boys with whom I have trained: Rodney Doorje, Tarik el Idrissi, Imro Main, Karim Achboun, Roberto Flamingo, Kenneth Flamingo, Gilbert Yvel, Robert Westmaas, Mark Jefferies, Bruce, Clint Joseph son, Alistair Overeem, Sergio Wielzen, Peter Doorje, Jermain Pieraou.
All these people have contributed to the development of my career. "

Finally something?
"I wish you all a blessed New Year and sporty! 2011 is another fresh start. I'll pop. I'm ready. I hope you too. "

StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011) Empty Re: Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011)

Post by R3D Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 am

WAR TYRONE SPONG 4 LYFE.

Thanks for sharing.

FD
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011) Empty Re: Tyrone Spong interview (january 2011)

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am

awesome interview really appreciate it SW, this guy is one of my idols and cant wait for him to get back in there and knocking mother fuckers out
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down