Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

+11
TJC123
Prince Mo
DW LiverKick
blueyedsamurai
Hooligan
Fletch
veprman
Jride
R3D
bfnick
StillWill
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA - Page 2 Empty Re: Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah, I twigged that from the fact that old school It's Showtime used to be K-1 co-promotions, with qualifying tourneys, and now they just seem to be promoting their own brand which is going from strength to strength. Not to mention bringing their own title belts in and having their own champions, in 2009....

FEG are a set of bastards. I cannot stand them. Things Mike told me regarding the PUJI demands and ultimate failure of the "investments", and the way FEG have treated fighters in the past, has made me hope Sengoku prevail in Japan this last year. As for K-1, if only someone would buy them out... if only Tanikawa and the boys could release Ishii's baby to be held by more financially secure hands Sad
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA - Page 2 Empty Re: Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:17 pm

They will.

I mean, I'm not talking about you here, but a lot of people have no fucking clue about K-1's past bankruptcy and how it moved on from there.

I was talking to TWO 'internet journalists' last night who know shit-all about stuff in Japan but are writing at my old site and hitting me up for info. It grates on me a bit, because people aren't aware that K-1 went bankrupt in 2003, FEG was formed as a dummy, shell company without debt and so forth, and took over K-1's assets.

That is most likely going to happen again, I think they are just looking for a buyer. What is going on now is that Tanikawa and his boys are looking for investors so they don't have to give in to Ishii and let him move on without them. That is why FEG is stagnant right now.

Tanikawa should have known when he took over FEG what he was getting himself into, you know? Now he is acting like he wants nothing to do with Ishii and his problems, yet was hand-selected by Ishii to be the front man. Pffft.

It's Showtime is smart to distance themselves from K-1, but they have their own problems in their back yard right now.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Like yeah, the fact is, most people don't understand what goes on in Japan.

For example, UFC's purchase of PRIDE was hilarious, fucking hilarious. They bought shit. They bought the name and TV rights, of a dead brand that was poisoned by a yakuza scandal and other stuff.

DSE held all the cards, and DSE fractured into two factions, the ones that formed WVR and then Real Entertainment.

Right now Real Entertainment holds the cards for FEG, FEG just owes them money, they have no real assets other than debt.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:24 pm

I promised Mike I wouldn't speak on it, so I'll keep schtum on FEG and PUJI Very Happy

As for It's Showtime, count me among that number. I actually have very little idea as to what problems they are going through. All I know through Dutch friends from Amsterdam is that the place is run by gangsters, so I'm assuming Its Showtime is no different and have unsavoury types involved with the company.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:25 pm

never mind, you basically said most of it, regarding DSE/Real, the 7m debt (11m GBP?) and the Yakuza.

Cards on the table Laughing
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah, I mean, I know what Mike knows as well, but most of it has become public in the past few weeks anyway.

It all lines up with their past business practices as well. I've talked to some people in FEG who don't want to be outed and yeah, it is all about the power struggle right now.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 pm

ALTHOUGH..

On Twitter the other day, Tanikawa said he was meeting some potential investors.... at hooters....

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:45 pm

The same Tanikawa who always has 'important announcements' though.....

Come to think of it, very Dana-esque Laughing

Regarding what I said about It's Showtime, fill me in. As I say, I only know of Amsterdam what friends of mine from there have told me... I dont imagine the fight business being free of heavy gangster influence in a city purportedly run by them... or are the problems from another quarter?
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:24 pm

The problems are government crackdowns. Rutz himself is pretty clean, but it is the fighters who aren't.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:31 pm

More importantly,

when will Leko get a 95 MAX title shot. His ISh record is thus:

W Badr Hari
W Volkan Duzgun
L Melvin Manhoef - Leko won both rounds, then broke his foot in the 3rd

Spong is out of the picture now, and at HW. Give me all the email contacts you have, I must bombard them, BLITZ them, with emails demanding a title shot for their best 95kg fighter (imo)
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 pm

He'd probably need to rematch Braddock and beat him to get into contention, to be honest.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:31 am

@Fletch

Yes I like the Ulitmate Glory cards! i love a card with K-1 and MMA on

I am looking forward to the 2nd rounds of the UG tournaments

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 am

The level of Leko nutthugging has reached Fedor uber fan stereotype levels.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:31 am

veprman wrote:The level of Leko nutthugging has reached Fedor uber fan stereotype levels.

I know, you've got him in your sig you Leko zombie Laughing
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Man, I mean, Leko is good and all, but yeah...

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Fletch can go die in a fire.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericco Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 am

The only person that can beat Badr is himself, a 100% prepared, focused and hungry Badr is unbeatable(or damn near close.)
Jericco
Jericco

Back to top Go down

Post by Jericco Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 am

CanadianAssault wrote:reem is overhyped.
This. Hype carried Reem through the HWGP and his hype Ko'ed Badr. Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA - Page 2 20741
Jericco
Jericco

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 am

Jride wrote:Fletch can go die in a fire.

you sound upset, Reem crossover lol!
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernie Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 pm

I wrote about how much I would like to see Badr vs Alistair in 2011 and it's still a fight I'd love to see.

Their 2nd fight is one of my all time favorites. There was so much leading up to the fight including the best press conference ever, led by Michael Schiavello.

Here's to hoping that we somehow see it in 2011.
Bernie
Bernie

http://bernieconnors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 am

is there any chance of Reem being in the 2011 WGP if K-1 survive, because of this SF tournament
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernie Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

If the K-1 WGP happens, Alistair is pre-qualified in the Final 16 because of his involvement in the Final 8 last year so he's set if he chooses to fight.

With the way the Strikeforce HWGP is playing out, who knows when they'll be finished with it.
Bernie
Bernie

http://bernieconnors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2