Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

+11
TJC123
Prince Mo
DW LiverKick
blueyedsamurai
Hooligan
Fletch
veprman
Jride
R3D
bfnick
StillWill
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA Empty Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

Post by StillWill Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 am

cool the sport is getting more fans but Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA 20741

tired of hearing things like Overeem would beat Hari 9/10 times etc Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA 20741
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA Empty Re: Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

Post by bfnick Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 am

I approve this thread
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA Empty Re: Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA

Post by R3D Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 am

Badr Hari is 600x more skilled @ Kickboxing than Reem is. If they were the same size, Hari would body that nigg@ in 300/300 fights.

Right now Hari wins 8/10.
R3D
R3D
Stend Ap Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jride Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

Overeem isn't unstoppable in K-1 like people are believing.

Hari beats Reem 9/10 and a fresh Gokhan Saki would have buried him that night.
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 am

Good that Thai Boxing is getting new fans , but these people that think the Reem is uber are stupid. He is far from invincible.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Jride wrote:Overeem isn't unstoppable in K-1 like people are believing.

Hari beats Reem 9/10 and a fresh Gokhan Saki would have buried him that night.

lol, you're a crossover Reem fan

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA 976936

Will, my anger at post-2008-9 fans in the Brock age seems to have manifested itself in my fellow Blitz brother. Cool out bro Cool

btw, no fighter is "invincible".... but man, bias or no bias, it will take something fucking EPIC to stop Petrosyan right now.... Zambo controversy or not, that boy is heading down the prime Fedor 00-09 road to immortality. Petrosyan is a G
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Hooligan Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 pm

I think there's a difference between believing in the truth opposed to believing in a lie. Newer fans may not understand the sport like the old schoolers and believe he's the best thats ever been, but I'm much happier knowing they dont believe those things about Brock anymore.

Liam heh
Hooligan
Hooligan
Peace, Love, and Soccer Kicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 pm

We can all pour out a toast to Brock's loss!

Beers Cheers!
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:52 pm

agreed, although its better then them being lesnar fans,

blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 pm

I love Overeem, right now he is one of my favorite fighters, but the reasoning behind it is because he is a new breed of star which was much-needed for K-1 while Badr Hari was out.

Plus, he got American fans interested. I don't give a fuck if people are new into K-1 and think he is invincible, you know why? These people weren't fans before 2009 or 2008, and now they are.

The whole point of me even starting up a site to talk about K-1 and muay thai was I saw how stupid everything was; people in the US love that stand and bang UFC stuff, get enamored by Anderson Silva's stand up but have never seen Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts or Andy Hug.

I'm lucky, I'm 28, I got hipped to this before the age of the internet where people can get easily intimidated by not knowing a ton of info. My Kenpo instructor gave me a tape of the '94 WGP after he heard me and a few others talking about UFC and from the second I saw Peter's foot connect with Rob van Esdonk's head I was sold.

I started up a site to show people that K-1, kickboxing and muay thai are incredible and while Gracie jiu-jitsu and wrestling are cool, watching two skilled kickboxers go at it is the best.

Eventually Overeem will fall in K-1 and it'll be brutal. His timing is great with his hands and his knees demolish worlds, but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired.

But seriously, part of the problem with people getting into shit is they don't know as much as others do, and because people who already know have such a wealth of knowledge, they overcompensate.

Example, the other day some loser decides to keep panning K-1 because he claims the K-1 Heavyweight Division is terrible, and the proof is that Peter Aerts and Sem Schilt still compete and are considered "elite." This is a terrible argument, he also claimed that Aerts is still competing because he needs the money and that Heavyweight kickboxers are all poor compared to MMA fighters. Ray Sefo's last contract with K-1 was for 3 million dollars spread out over 4 fights, while not Brock Lesnar money, Sugar Ray isn't exactly drawing fans for them.

Tyrone Spong a few years ago was driving around in a new Benz, and this was before he was a big star like he is now, my point is, these guys do fine. So this guy just kept arguing, he KNEW everything, he KNEW competition was weak and he KNEW nobody was getting paid good money (side note: I've helped manage some fighters of late, the money It's Showtime is willing to pay for fighters is really, really good money, trust me). He was speaking out of his ass, but was pulling the standard internet tough guy thing. He saw the LiverKick rankings and decided they were "bullshit" because Mighty Mo cracked the top 25 as did Manhoef and Anderson Silva, who is "185lbs UFC fighter."

We all know it is Braddock Silva, but he didn't and it shut him up, finally.

So my point with this is, don't be that fucking guy. People hear someone with a strong opinion speak and they follow, then they just spread it out and we get more shit heads around. Someone hears this shit head say K-1's Heavyweight division is shit and then decides they have to sound smart and say the same thing.

Just keep doing what you do and help educating people on it while it grows so it is more bearable, because I promise you it is worth it.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Overeem made me a bit more more interested, but i would still watch K-1 and this year was the first opportunity to watch it live. i have always known the guys who fight in K-1 HW, how the GP works and who has won it in previous years mainly because of when i became a MMA fan and watched CroCop's old K-1 fights i learned a lot about guys like Aerts, Hoost and carried on from there.. and i still am learning a lot.
With Overeem you will get the same type of Lesnar fans maybe, but most would know he is not the ULTIMATE unbeatable like they thought Lesnar was but at the same time you would get a couple of them but its nothing huge because when he meets Hari who is in good shape (not like the Hari who came in fucked up after the Bonjesky Red Card, no purse given etc) they will come down back to earth.. but he brings the fans in interest which K-1 needs right now and has very legit skills with his hands, timing and Knee.
Hopefully they will realize this over time and i still consider my self a big Noob when it comes to K-1
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 pm

if mma and k1 were still massive in japan i would love another k1/mma 70,000 plus grandstand arena card Sad
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by TJC123 Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 am

even the overeem haters that crossover are bad.. last week I had some guy tell me tyrone spong is a no name, gokhan saki is tiny and aerts "isn't randy couture" and this is why overeem won the WGP
TJC123
TJC123

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:28 am

TJC123 wrote:even the overeem haters that crossover are bad.. last week I had some guy tell me tyrone spong is a no name, gokhan saki is tiny and aerts "isn't randy couture" and this is why overeem won the WGP

at least u can rest well knowing how many stupid people there is out there and that u arnt one of them
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 am

Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA 001239b
This image shows how invincible Overeem is
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 am

DW with some real talk.

Sorry I've not been in touch brother, I will be getting some pretty good interviews soon and sending them the way of LiverKick Smile

Hope all is well.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 am

LOL Still Will!

I was watching K-1 a bit in 2003 when it was on eurosport! I was never much into the striking thats why i really liked MMA and the ground fighters.

I'm glad Overeem did cross over because that gave me someone I liked to cheer for. I really don't care for Remmy and JLB.

Overeem really got me into K-1 and now I like to watch the grand Prixs LIVE and the K-1 max shows which are dope!

I'm a huge fan of Mike Zambidis, Aerts etc.... I really now appreciate the level of K-1 stand up as opposed to MMA stand up. which now going back to is fucking terrible! MMA stand up is over hand right > run around over hand right left hook

That said anyone saying Reem would destroy Badr is a moron!

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 am

^ This.

This is what I like to see.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 am

I'm glad Overeem did K-1 because it really made be a big fan! I don't know why I have been missing out all these years!.

I'm gutted there's no planned K-1 show this quarter of 2011

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm

There are K-1 shows booked in Vilnius and Moldova in the next few months, and there's already been a MAX show in Madrid. Stu, there are various qualifying tournaments throughout the year, as well as the big events staged in Japan, and of course the Final 16 and the WGP Finals.

My advice is get into It's Showtime, Muay Thai and Shootboxing if your need to launch into another sport cant be satisfied with the odd major K-1 event. I watch as much as I can, but in 2008 my own pendulum swung much more in favour of boxing and MMA, but there were enough "major" cards to keep me looking forwards to something (though the WGP final nearly put me out of it. Probably THE moment I stopped being a fan of either Remy or Badr). Still, with It's Showtime branching out and former K-1 co-promoted events being completely under THEIR banner now, there will be enough big cards this year for sure. Plus, there's the Ultimate Glory cards, they always have decent GG talent on like Reem, Leko, Saki, and they get other Dutch talent to go against them. They have a Grand Prix going as we speak. Good shit!

So yeah... watch Its Showtime, Ultimate Glory and see if you can DL K-1 qualifying events and preliminaries, and you'll have more than enough...

Here is a good It's Showtime fight you may be interested in, it will definitely make you a fan of the org thumbs up HAPPY BOUNCE Overeem cross over fans are the equivalent of Lesnar fans in MMA 460914 Happy wave

Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 pm

leko should retire
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:37 pm

reem is overhyped.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Well, those K-1 qualifiers aren't official K-1 shows, actually. They are just K-1 affiliates that have been given the general OK to use the name.

They are still pretty good shows worth watching, with mainly local talent. Shootboxing from the other night airs on Samurai TV in Japan this weekend, so it'll most likely end up online sooner rather than later.

I mean, the Ring of Honor show with Ignashov made it up, if that can, anything can.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Any event under the K-1 banner that includes a tournament that offers direct qualification to the World Grand Prix final 16, I class as a K-1 event. Maybe on paper it isnt, but when it's in the name and hosting qualification to the WGP I tend to lump it under "K-1".

Some of those shows were/are stacked with K-1 talent. Off the top of my head, K-1 Dream '99 had Hoost, Igor, Leko, Aerts, Greco, Abidi, McDonald all on the same card. Fight Night 4 had Aerts, Hug, Leko, Van Esdonk, Majstorovic, Bajrami.... WGP 2003 in Basel had Bernardo, Leko, Bregy, Kruth, Bajrami, Majstorovic... and many of the qualifiers in Japan have been stacked with great talent in super-fights while the tourneys are as good as they can muster from homegrown..... not all of these shows are just "local talent"
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm

For the most part they are, especially the more recent ones. They used to do a lot more, but K-1 is basically shut down right now, without an office, not returning phone calls to anyone, they aren't funding anything right now.

The past few years the feeder tournaments haven't always fed into the main tournament, either. It is hard to keep track of what K-1 is recognizing and what they aren't.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next