Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May

5 posters

Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May Empty Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May

Post by Soy Chingon Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:20 am

Damn, hope this happens. War Donaire for making a quick turnaround. Fighters barely ever fight these days, twice a year

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-vs-moreno-being-discussed---36315

BoxingScene.com was advised by trainer Robert Garcia, that a May unifiication is being discussed for newly crowned WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire (26-1, 18KOs). The "Filipino Flash" captured the titles last Saturday in Las Vegas with a brutal two round knockout of Fernando Montiel.

Top Rank is exploring a possible fight between Donaire and WBA champion Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (30-1, 10KOs) for the month of May in San Francisco, California. Moreno is poised to defend his title against Lorenzo Parra on April 30 in Panama, and that fight would obviously be ruled out if a Donaire-Moreno deal moves forward.

"They are talking about Moreno in May, in San Francisco. We want the unification fights. Moreno is a good fighter. I haven't seen any tapes of him, but I'll get them. I have a guy who who can get me footage of him," Garcia said to BoxingScene.com.
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May Empty Re: Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May

Post by CanadianAssault Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 am

gnarly!! we need more fighters willing to fight more then twice a year lol.

CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May Empty Re: Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May

Post by Soy Chingon Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 am

Moreno is a legit opponent too. The Ring has him at #2 so this would be Ring #1 vs #2
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 am

hmm maybe for the ring magazine belt?? but I think I read in the lastest issue that for Nonito to get the ring mag belt he has to face the winner of the showtime Bantamweight tourny but who knows this is the 1 vs 2. any way it is a interesting fight and I can't wait. alot of great fights this year I'm pumped bro!!!
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:30 am

Good fight, before the "real" fight between him and Agbeko/Mares.
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Looks like this fight is most likely gonna be made. Arum said he's waiting on the HBO date which should be here tomorrow and then the venue. Should be made

Great fight
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:52 am

Chyeah war DONAIRE!
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:13 am

top rank still doing bis with HBO?
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cable-Boy Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Doniare is really starting to get me back into boxing. i'm legitimately hyped to watch him fight unlike anyone else in The Sweet Science
Cable-Boy
Cable-Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Gavilan Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:59 am

Dan Rafael on his tweet said Donaire might be fighting Cazares on the 28th.
Nonito Donaire vs Anselmo Moreno being discussed for May 171596
Kid Gavilan
Kid Gavilan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down