Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of Sanda fighters?

5 posters

Go down

What do you guys think of Sanda fighters? Empty What do you guys think of Sanda fighters?

Post by Buddha_Cat Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 pm

I thought I would make a serious martial arts discussion thread since the JKD one is such a joke.

Sanda is awesome. It's the most popular combat sport in China right now. Add BJJ to the equation and the Chinese will be bossing MMA in about 10 years. I'm thinking about taking a year off to train in Beijing with some authentic Sanda trainers. So when the eventual Sanda boom happens, i'll be certified

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Sanda fighters? Empty Re: What do you guys think of Sanda fighters?

Post by Sherko Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:31 am

I've actually been doing sanda for the past year.
I'm not following any classes, but me and a buddy practice new sanda techniques practically everyday in my backyard.

Here's a video of me and my sanda buddy where we go at it for real:

Normally we don't continue on the ground being sanda fighters, but this fucking asshole had stolen my goddamn bong!
Sherko
Sherko

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Sanda fighters? Empty Re: What do you guys think of Sanda fighters?

Post by StillWill Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:44 am

roflmao
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:15 am

roflmao roflmao roflmao @ Sherko
As long as you as you train once a week at the free Wednesday class you're gonna be a fucking monster!
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:43 pm

On a serious note, I've trained with Chinese guys that trained in this art and they were pretty good in stand up! They weren't real skilled with dealing with angular opponents or leg kickers. But nonetheless, I think this is a valid fight form that could prove to be lethal with a few minor tweaks! Buddha, is this your art bruh?
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm

My original trainer was trained by some Sanda dude before he went into boxing. He would make us drill many of the kick catches (VERY UNDERRATED IN MMA). If you're looking at from solely for stend-up fighting, it's not as effective as Muay thai. But it is more complete because there is the take-down element.

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Buddha_Cat wrote:My original trainer was trained by some Sanda dude before he went into boxing. He would make us drill many of the kick catches (VERY UNDERRATED IN MMA). If you're looking at from solely for stend-up fighting, it's not as effective as Muay thai. But it is more complete because there is the take-down element.

Word son! Catches/sweeps are INCREDIBLY underrated in MMA! They may score points, but most importantly, they demoralize your opponent if he realizes that he can't plant to throw strikes!!!
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:53 pm

it looks like normal stand up but with no leg kick and fighting at a distance where they are moving backwards and throwing single strikes.
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherko Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:27 am

glassjaw890 wrote: roflmao roflmao roflmao @ Sherko
As long as you as you train once a week at the free Wednesday class you're gonna be a fucking monster!

The only free classes in my neighborhood are weekly Polka dance classes.
Many polka techniques have actually helped me improve my footwork and headmovement.
Only a few people know this, but Guida actually trained polka with us for a while in preperation for his Gomi fight.
You can laugh at it now, but just remember: People used to laugh at BJJ too.

Sherko
Sherko

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:32 am

Sherko wrote:
glassjaw890 wrote: roflmao roflmao roflmao @ Sherko

The only free classes in my neighborhood are weekly Polka dance classes.
Many polka techniques have actually helped me improve my footwork and headmovement.
Only a few people know this, but Guida actually trained polka with us for a while in preperation for his Gomi fight.
You can laugh at it now, but just remember: People used to laugh at BJJ too.

Well at least your first post was funny
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherko Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:43 am

rashad
Sherko
Sherko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down