Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ?

+12
stompsinyomush
Фёдор Емельяненко
London Calling
glassjaw890
StillWill
Buddha_Cat
juggalo
Hoolie
bfnick
Nycto Da 6'0
Donowaman
Team Juice
16 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ? Empty What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ?

Post by Team Juice Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 pm

What do you guys think about em? Have you ever seen one?

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ? Empty Re: What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ?

Post by Team Juice Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 pm

nothing huh

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ? Empty Re: What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ?

Post by Donowaman Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:15 pm

What do you guys think of Jeet Kune Do fighters ? KjWFt
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:02 am

They're mentally retarded.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:18 am

I knocked out a JKD black belt in my first month of kickboxing.He was
out for 20 minutes and his homies had to call an ambulance.

The Aftermath.
He had a cracked jaw and had to rehab iut for 6 months and I had to
face charges.I'm still not done with this shit.Kinda regret it but he was
asking for it
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 am

bfnick wrote:I knocked out a JKD black belt in my first month of kickboxing.He was

The Aftermath.
asking for it

He aint no black belt there are no black belts in jkd theres no belts period that dude was full of shit you got dooped he was probly just some nerd talking out of his ass.
thats pretty much all jkd is today 99% of the jkd guys out there are just some pussy ass nerds and trekies. Thats why none of you guys have ever seen it. Theres only a handful in the shadows.

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:34 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:They're mentally retarded.

So your a practitioner

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 am

Team Juice wrote:
bfnick wrote:I knocked out a JKD black belt in my first month of kickboxing.He was

The Aftermath.
asking for it

He aint no black belt there are no black belts in jkd theres no belts period that dude was full of shit you got dooped he was probly just some nerd talking out of his ass.
thats pretty much all jkd is today 99% of the jkd guys out there are just some pussy ass nerds and trekies. Thats why none of you guys have ever seen it. Theres only a handful in the shadows.

I've seen JKD fighters.There's a school in the town I used to live,last year there was this guy at the bank and another dude pulled out a gun
and started pointing it on people,little he knew that a JKD guy was in da house.The JKD guy KO'ed the robber with a 360 heel kick to the balls.
After that he was awarded by the mayor and was given the city key.
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Team Juice wrote:

So your a practitioner
You mean "You're" Wink
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoolie Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Hooligan wrote:I've studied JKD Concepts for a long time. It encourages exploration, for everyone to create their own personal style, and Jeet Kune Do as a path.

There are typically 5 main areas of study: Boxing Range, Close Quarters, Ground Game, Multiple Attackers, and Weapon Defense. It's a system of self defense, which is basically why you dont see alot of JKD artists in the cage. Some major philiosophies are surrounded by eye gouges, groin shots, head butts, etc... It's not "techinically" a competitive art, but intense sparring is a MAJOR aspect. Some guys come in & train in business suits or jeans & sneakers, because you wanna train for how you'd be dressed on the street. That's why it doesnt translate very well, because it's not a sport like judo, Muay Thai, bjj, etc.

On the other hand, it's not Dim Mak or some crazy magic shit. JKD addresses all 5 areas, whereas mma is 3 of them.

I took that from this very interesting thread.
http://teamtakeover.forum-express.com/t2565-bruce-lee-and-jeet-kune-do?highlight=jeet
Hoolie
Hoolie

http://www.twitter.com/jeremylatham44

Back to top Go down

Post by juggalo Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:53 pm

there are technique's from jkd that are very successful but I have never seen jkd fighter's in any kick boxing organizations...
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

bfnick wrote:
Team Juice wrote:

The Aftermath.
asking for it

I've seen JKD fighters.There's a school in the town I used to live,last year there was this guy at the bank and another dude pulled out a gun
and started pointing it on people,little he knew that a JKD guy was in da house.The JKD guy KO'ed the robber with a 360 heel kick to the balls.

what the hell a 360 heel kick to the balls? that aint JKD that sounds like some tae kwon do shit.

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:
Team Juice wrote:

So your a practitioner
You mean "You're" Wink

yeah

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:42 pm

This is Todd Keuneke. When he's not pimp slapping cage fighters, he's practicing JKD on his wife

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Buddha_Cat wrote:This is Todd Keuneke. When he's not pimp slapping cage fighters, he's practicing JKD on his wife

Todd Keuneke is one of the biggest fagots out there! He's been exposed plenty of times. Especially by Sean Sherk. Hes a phony a fake a fan and he cant fight for shit. But this is what everybody thinks is jkd cause this is all they see they think this is it but there aint no jkd in that video. theres more jkd going on in a mike tyson fight or a gokhan saki fight than this phoney bullshit.

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:03 pm

He's the real shit underground shit

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 pm

98 ways i made out the good f-e-l-l-a verbal aks spray

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 pm

I dont know any JKD fighters personally so I can't comment, Im sure there are many useful concepts and techniques taught in it though.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 pm

It was developed in China for the use of street fighting. Like Will said, there may be a few principles that are useful, but personally I'm not sure there are many. It's almost indistinguishable from Wing Chun. Quite a bit of it revolves around dirty fighting, like small join manipulation, groin shots, head-butts, biting, etc. Lane sparred that annoying asshole is a proponent of Wing Chun and will remain unnamed. Lane was doing just fine until he gassed, which says something about it's effectiveness, if a lifelong "master" can get handled by a casual trainer of MMA. If anything, the only positives are timing and range. Based on what I've seen from the hand and leg positioning, dudes would get EATEN ALIVE by power hooks or legs kicks! Not to mention takedowns. To my knowledge there isn't a sub game in JKD. If there is, it's effectiveness is miniscule at best. Just like Aikido. Although recently 7th degree Aikido Dan, Master Hoppy Chan Choppy King Steven Sea-gull-san recently helped Marcelo Garcia take his average jits game to superhuman levels in his nearest win!!!
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 pm

JKD is essentially no holdsbarred power kickboxing with dirty tactics and ground fighting if needed. but thats because JKD is training towards the ultimate reality in combat. and everyone knows real combat is pretty much kickboxing and grapppling. mma is a good example of that. Glassjaws description is completely inaccurate. Shawn obasei would get eaten alive by the guys in the video i posted. wing chun is a good art but limited hence why Bruce Lee gravitated away from it more and more. only few principles and techniques were there if needed but just hitting the guy is so much more effcient

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Oh and jkd was developed here not in china. Bruce Lee never went to china he was from Hong Kong. Its classified as an american style.

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:12 am

How was what I wrote inaccurate? Show me one semblance to kickboxing contained within this style? There is absolutely NO way a knowledgeable muay thai fighter or kickboxer would ever be touched by a JKD practitioner. Look at those stances! The only moderately dangerous strike from the JKD practitioner is the rear hook. The stance is so flat that you couldn't get any decent power behind it anyways, or reset your hips for a counterstrike if you missed either. The whole style is based on an opponent coming forward and getting EXTREMELY deep into the pocket and sitting there. This is also the reason why when JKD practitioners spar they do that silly flowing drill... There are points of connection to each other the whole way through. How many people are going to stand and hang their arm in front of you and parry hands while looking for a slight opening? And notice that in each of the video's, the feeder's body may be moving but the point of impact is not. There is NO way that a JKD dude could hit somebody who consistently slips their head or body off center-line, or who knows how to roll with strikes, or even knows how to utilize the most simple boxing guard for cover. That's a fact based on kinetics and biomechanics. This is the reason why boxing has been in development since human-beings first started fighting. This is the reason for the positioning of boxers and kickboxers when they fight. The stance is such that all kinds of movement needed for successful striking (translational and rotational) is made possible by the angle of the hips. Rolling, weaving, slipping, parrying, counterpunching, combination punching. Tips, sweeps, the list goes on and on. I don't doubt that it may be effective for "street" situations, as any frenetic flurry of hands is going to back somebody off of you. Honestly though, like all traditional eastern martial arts, JKD is mostly based on theoretics. If you threw a carrot at the exact right angle and speed you could pierce your opponent through their eye socket. Theoretically of course. However, if you had somebody who was just a moderately well trained MMA/Western Standup fighter (Muay Thai included here) , who wanted your purse or your buncakes, than ten times out of ten the MMA/Western Standup practitioner would win. Don't even get me started on how open these guys are for takedowns. And when it does hit the ground, what subs are there? Wristlocks? Pinky snaps? I don't think JKD had even the slightest concept of submission chains when it first started out. Maybe a few subs here and there, but I'm sure it was all based on top position from an opponent's sloppy takedown. Sure modern instructors have incorporated catch and jits into their teachings, and God bless the shit out of them. Ask anybody who has ever seen a traditional martial artist spar against someone who is an MMA or kickboxer and you'll know what the real deal is. When I used to train I saw it happen at least 3 times. These guys would get absolutely dominated and would always make excuses and say that they were coming back but they never did. As far as Obasi goes, read my last post, I wasn't extolling his fighting capabilities at all. He's a loudmouthed cocksucker who was humiliated and proved fraudulent by M-1 when he tried out for them. If you haven't seen the video you need to google it man. It's absolutely hysterically funny. You got me on my understanding of where JKD started though...
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

bfnick wrote:
Team Juice wrote:

The Aftermath.
asking for it

roflmao
That's fucking hilarious! Was there surveillance footage?
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 am

glassjaw890 wrote: How was what I wrote inaccurate? Show me one semblance to kickboxing contained within this style? There is absolutely NO way a knowledgeable muay thai fighter or kickboxer would ever be touched by a JKD practitioner. Look at those stances! The only moderately dangerous strike from the JKD practitioner is the rear hook. The stance is so flat that you couldn't get any decent power behind it anyways, or reset your hips for a counterstrike if you missed either. The whole style is based on an opponent coming forward and getting EXTREMELY deep into the pocket and sitting there. This is also the reason why when JKD practitioners spar they do that silly flowing drill... There are points of connection to each other the whole way through. How many people are going to stand and hang their arm in front of you and parry hands while looking for a slight opening? And notice that in each of the video's, the feeder's body may be moving but the point of impact is not. There is NO way that a JKD dude could hit somebody who consistently slips their head or body off center-line, or who knows how to roll with strikes, or even knows how to utilize the most simple boxing guard for cover. That's a fact based on kinetics and biomechanics. This is the reason why boxing has been in development since human-beings first started fighting. This is the reason for the positioning of boxers and kickboxers when they fight. The stance is such that all kinds of movement needed for successful striking (translational and rotational) is made possible by the angle of the hips. Rolling, weaving, slipping, parrying, counterpunching, combination punching. Tips, sweeps, the list goes on and on. I don't doubt that it may be effective for "street" situations, as any frenetic flurry of hands is going to back somebody off of you. Honestly though, like all traditional eastern martial arts, JKD is mostly based on theoretics. If you threw a carrot at the exact right angle and speed you could pierce your opponent through their eye socket. Theoretically of course. However, if you had somebody who was just a moderately well trained MMA/Western Standup fighter (Muay Thai included here) , who wanted your purse or your buncakes, than ten times out of ten the MMA/Western Standup practitioner would win. Don't even get me started on how open these guys are for takedowns. And when it does hit the ground, what subs are there? Wristlocks? Pinky snaps? I don't think JKD had even the slightest concept of submission chains when it first started out. Maybe a few subs here and there, but I'm sure it was all based on top position from an opponent's sloppy takedown. Sure modern instructors have incorporated catch and jits into their teachings, and God bless the shit out of them. Ask anybody who has ever seen a traditional martial artist spar against someone who is an MMA or kickboxer and you'll know what the real deal is. When I used to train I saw it happen at least 3 times. These guys would get absolutely dominated and would always make excuses and say that they were coming back but they never did. As far as Obasi goes, read my last post, I wasn't extolling his fighting capabilities at all. He's a loudmouthed cocksucker who was humiliated and proved fraudulent by M-1 when he tried out for them. If you haven't seen the video you need to google it man. It's absolutely hysterically funny. You got me on my understanding of where JKD started though...

Alright bro you got no idea what your talking about. Im a jeet kune do fighter ive sparred boxers muay thai guys and kyokushin guys. My instructor fought muay thai guys in kickboxing matches in the 90's. Its sounds like your talking about wing chun or some shit. Im fighting in a muay thai match in 2 months and i dont even do muay thai. most boxers and muay thau guys ive trained with ive punched and kicked harder than them. And ive only been doing this for 2 years bro. Im only moderatly trained. The Wednesday night group is the best source for real modern day jkd bob bremer is one of the best guys if not the best to train with bruce lee and learn his way of doing things. you should look em up you might learn something.

heres some jkd this my team juice partner steven noll aka milk man he's a mma fighter. for this match alls we did was kickbox spar to get his cardio up and his movement and intercepting reaction time up. heres real jkd

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next