Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT

+10
Damn Dirty Ape
Wifebeater
Frank
DaveH
Apathy-san
veprman
PonchoRamirez
Stu3ufc
Fletch
Bloodstain Lane
14 posters

Go down

Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT Empty Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT

Post by Bloodstain Lane Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Last edited by Bloodstain Lane on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT Empty Re: Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT

Post by Fletch Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Hard to argue with that, although you're never going to get unanimous approval. He's level with Hoost for Grand Prix wins, but people complain he is boring so...

Que sera, I don't care because if he ISN'T the K1 GOAT, he surely can't be far off it.

For me it goes:

1 - Semmy
2 - Hoost
3 - Aerts

There is a good pool of fighters now though, underrated by those who long for "the golden era". Kyotaro, Remy Bonjasky, Overeem, Schilt, Hari, even LeBanner still ticking, and a handful of some other good guys... K1 seems pretty healthy to me at the moment, talent wise.

Not sure about the new clinch ban though. Shady.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT Empty Re: Greatest K-1 Figher ever...SEMMY SCHILT

Post by Bloodstain Lane Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 pm

yea its defintly between Hoost and Schilt...but man Boring or not Schilt is so DOMINATING its scary...I agree with your list 100%..

THE CLINCH BAN SUCKS !!!
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 am

It's fucking gay, and it will only alienate Thais from entering K1, which is a Jap org anyway

Stupid as fuck. But FEG are FEG.... they're all about the £££££
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 am

your spot on fletch...shame....This will also hurt AO IMO cause he loves the clinch
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Stu3ufc Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 pm

I don't think semmy is boring

he finishes guys most fights i have seen of him and he has solid technique

it's not like he's tim sylvia - jab and pray

they should have left the 1 knee clinch rule in - k-1 was fine

Stu3ufc
Bang Out Of Order

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:44 am

agreed...I LOVE watching Schilt fight
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 pm

you know what - fuck it, this is stickied.

Semmy Schilt is - if not THE greatest - then joint, or narrowly 2nd greatest ever in K1..... with due respect to Ernesto Hoost.

And not only is Semmy not boring imo, his run through the K1 GP 2009 was brilliant. How can a conservative, cautious and "boring" thai boxer break the record for fastest ever one-night-tournament win KO ratio.... i.e least combined time spent in the ring over 3 fights, en route to a Grand Prix victory?
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodstain Lane Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Good Job Fletch...

If Semmy isnt the greatest now he will be within the next 3 years...cause he will win the GP again during that time frame which will make him have 5 GP's ever...the most in K-1 History
Bloodstain Lane
Bloodstain Lane
Tapping Jaw's Since 1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 am

Agreed.

That's also why I feel Bonjasky will overtake Aerts, as Remy has some good days ahead of him still..... even though when it comes to w/l, and who he has beaten, Aerts has a better resume than even Semmy and Ernesto.... if only he'd won just ONE more GP.... his lack of GP success in the 00's puts him behind those two in the GOAT lists, sadly
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by PonchoRamirez Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 am

IMO if Badr Hari can get that temper in check he might someday be considered the best. I dunno if he'll ever take the title of GOAT away from Semmy though, the dude just keeps on going. I can definitely see a 5th GP in his future.
PonchoRamirez
PonchoRamirez

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 am

Sorry Fletch. It appears Remy has no days ahead of him. Word is he is done. Eye injury. He may not even have a retirement fight.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 pm

veprman wrote:Sorry Fletch. It appears Remy has no days ahead of him. Word is he is done. Eye injury. He may not even have a retirement fight.

Oh, god no. That is a real shame - a few more years, a few more ranked wins, and I feel Remy could have maybe stolen that #3 spot from Peter Aerts in the GOAT list.

As it stands, he is a legend, but his resume cannot compare to Aerts, Hoost, or Schilt.

Ah well. 3 Grand Prix wins, the Flying Gentleman has had a great career.....
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:43 am

1fletch wrote:
veprman wrote:Sorry Fletch. It appears Remy has no days ahead of him. Word is he is done. Eye injury. He may not even have a retirement fight.

Oh, god no. That is a real shame - a few more years, a few more ranked wins, and I feel Remy could have maybe stolen that #3 spot from Peter Aerts in the GOAT list.

As it stands, he is a legend, but his resume cannot compare to Aerts, Hoost, or Schilt.

Ah well. 3 Grand Prix wins, the Flying Gentleman has had a great career.....

It sucks, and it looks like he is out of the final 16.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Apathy-san Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:11 am

one of the most dominant athletes currently participating in a combat sport.

if you don't think seven-foot-tall karate masters are cool, then you not only have problems, but you need to walk the other way.
Apathy-san
Apathy-san

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveH Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:08 am

Hoost for me, over Schilt, by a distance. Take away Schilt's size and he's just an average fighter. He's been very dominate and fought to his strengths but without the size advantage he wouldn't be anything special.

Don't think Grand Prix victories are a good basis for judging fighters either. Is Mark Hunt better than JLB? Not even in Hunt's dreams is he better than JLB!

DaveH

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Semmy is a beast and boring or not I love the guy because he is a huge challenge for anyone. I find myself laughing and saying "Lol Semmy is fucked up"

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post by Wifebeater Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 am

Semmy is really quite entertaining you can tell the guy works his ass off and it pays off. I honestly believe a prime ernesto, peter, or jlb wouldnt of been enough to stop the Schilt back in their glory days. Everything aside Semmy is the no.1 kickboxer of the decade and could possibly the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
Wifebeater
Wifebeater

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn Dirty Ape Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm

1. Branko Cikatic
2. Ernesto Hoost
3. Semmy Schilt

In terms of championships Schilt obviously takes it, I just feel that the GOAT will always be the #1. I'm really biased though.
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Back to top Go down

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:45 am

If remy wins 2 more GP's i think he has to be considered top 3 or all time. I know he gets tons of hate because he has become the Greg Jackson camp of K1 in some ways, but man he just fucking wins all the time.
right now i would say:
Semmy
Hoost
Aerts

but if remy wins 1 or 2 more tourneys, he is number 3 for sure.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:04 am

You can't argue with results, but he's not someone that I model my stand-up over. Semmy's style works for Semmy.

I can't imagine what a nightmare it would be going into the ring with him. Certain KO
Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaac Haze Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:02 am

Sorry Bloodstain I still like Ernesto Hoost. As the best. His leg kicks. Man and his liver punch. His style was the best as well.
Isaac Haze
Isaac Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke6676 Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:05 am

I like Ernesto also, he did a lot without having the advantages Semmy does with his size.
Duke6676
Duke6676

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down