Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Badr Hari might be my number one seed in the overhyped, thoroughly overrated division. His sport isn't much further behind.” - Luke Thomas

+13
Stu3ufc
Фёдор Емельяненко
StillWill
Buddha_Cat
DW LiverKick
IQ Wrestler
Donowaman
animalfan10
Nycto Da 6'0
Jride
veprman
bfnick
Soy Chingon
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Badr Hari might be my number one seed in the overhyped, thoroughly overrated division. His sport isn't much further behind.” - Luke Thomas - Page 2 Empty Re: "Badr Hari might be my number one seed in the overhyped, thoroughly overrated division. His sport isn't much further behind.” - Luke Thomas

Post by juggalo Sat May 14, 2011 5:47 am

luke thomas better not put his foot in in his mouth.... i will be watching

Last edited by juggalo on Sat May 14, 2011 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

"Badr Hari might be my number one seed in the overhyped, thoroughly overrated division. His sport isn't much further behind.” - Luke Thomas - Page 2 Empty Re: "Badr Hari might be my number one seed in the overhyped, thoroughly overrated division. His sport isn't much further behind.” - Luke Thomas

Post by gumby Sat May 14, 2011 3:02 pm

I told you guys this turd burglar is scum.

saying 70KG kickboxing is new is disgusting.

gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sat May 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Fletch wrote:K-1 and Its Showtime are two orgs with small talent pools. Fact

There is a hell of a lot of talent out there, but so many types of what defines the general term that we use, "thai boxing". Full Thai rules, Oriental rules, K-1 rules, European rules, Full Contact (long pants, karate in boxing gloves) etc etc.

There is the talent out there, but these orgs need to tap into it more. Or you get shit like Bernardo and Aerts fighting six times in just a few years.

It also leads to ignorant fans believing nothing outside K-1 - or its European equivalent - matters. Hence a guy on this board telling me that "Petrosyan would merk my boy" in "Thai rules, K1 rules, a dance off" etc etc... when he's NEVER seen the guy in question fight (who had two very even fights with Fairtex (in Thailand) and Buakaw, in Full Thai rules. Because of course, it's not K-1, where Petrosyan rules, so it doesnt count Neutral

Hey Penis head, what I said was, that I would put large amounts of money on Petro, not merk. I don't say merk, nor do I pick fighters based on their nationality lol. So if you wanna put your money where your mouth is, which I'm sure you don't, let me know, if the fight is ever to happen, otherwise, keep your words (and british grill) in your own mouth
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sat May 14, 2011 3:32 pm

There is a hell of a lot of talent out there, but so many types of what defines the general term that we use, "thai boxing". Full Thai rules, Oriental rules, K-1 rules, European rules, Full Contact (long pants, karate in boxing gloves) etc etc.

There is the talent out there, but these orgs need to tap into it more. Or you get shit like Bernardo and Aerts fighting six times in just a few years.

It also leads to ignorant fans believing nothing outside K-1 - or its European equivalent - matters. Hence a guy on this board telling me that "Petrosyan would merk my boy" in "Thai rules, K1 rules, a dance off" etc etc... when he's NEVER seen the guy in question fight (who had two very even fights with Fairtex (in Thailand) and Buakaw, in Full Thai rules. Because of course, it's not K-1, where Petrosyan rules, so it doesnt count Neutral
Hey that was a great set of fights! And Bernardos two knockouts of Peter were WAY better than Lekos, u mad?
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Sun May 15, 2011 4:44 am

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/5/12/2167857/why-do-mma-fighters-find-more-success-kickboxing-than-boxing

Someone should tell these people Overeem kickboxed his entire life and was a kickboxer first.

More so and so went into K-1 and won without looking at context and think that Kickboxing is therefore underrated.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sun May 15, 2011 10:53 am

veprman wrote:http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/5/12/2167857/why-do-mma-fighters-find-more-success-kickboxing-than-boxing

Someone should tell these people Overeem kickboxed his entire life and was a kickboxer first.

More so and so went into K-1 and won without looking at context and think that Kickboxing is therefore underrated.

Undereem was a kickboxer who was not all that good at it... not a fraction of what he became post Uberness. A good example is, apparently Spong used to "absolutely school" Undereem when they used to train together, but last year, Ubereem took it to him. You can see leaps and bounds in his striking from when he started K-1, to where he is now. His hands used to be horrible, and he was never able to take shots. Now he seems like he's armor plated, and unless you knock him out, you won't hurt the guy. His hands and guard improved 300% over a year, and he still has the deadliest knees in heavyweight K-1.

But yeah, as for the topic of the discussion, Overeem would be like if KJ Noons started to do well in boxing again or something.

Also, there has never been an MMA guy do shit in the MAX. The heavyweights is a large "any given sunday" sport, because they hit so freaking hard. Much less likely in MAX.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun May 15, 2011 11:28 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:

Hey Penis head, what I said was, that I would put large amounts of money on Petro, not merk. I don't say merk, nor do I pick fighters based on their nationality lol. So if you wanna put your money where your mouth is, which I'm sure you don't, let me know, if the fight is ever to happen, otherwise, keep your words (and british grill) in your own mouth

You sound mad, bro Cool

Yeah I'll happily put my money where my mouth is come fight time, against a noob in you who's never even seen the guy fight who he's betting against. Lets do it, fake Royce

#waitsforcornyBritishjoke
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 am

K-1 max is better than the grand prix! Dudes is way more technical and skilled. heavyweights all about power. Dont get me wrong its the sick as fuck. Spong is sick saki is sick badr, overeem ,Mr K-1 but me personally i like max better shit always has my eyebrows burning off everytime i watch it.

If you put a grappler or even an mma fighter in the highest level of kickboxing he aint gonna win but if you put a high level kickboxer in mma he just might win. luke is on some bullshit. just anothe zuffa zombie fagot

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 24, 2011 11:42 am

I like Team Juice already. Time for the test.

Hey Juice, what fight do you like better? Masato/Buakaw I or Masato/Buakaw II?

Choose wisely.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 24, 2011 11:43 am

yeah choose wisely
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 24, 2011 11:44 am

bfnick wrote:yeah choose wisely
dont listen to this tomato can
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 24, 2011 11:45 am

stop busting his nuts and let him answer
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Team Juice wrote:K-1 max is better than the grand prix! Dudes is way more technical and skilled. heavyweights all about power. Dont get me wrong its the sick as fuck. Spong is sick saki is sick badr, overeem ,Mr K-1 but me personally i like max better shit always has my eyebrows burning off everytime i watch it.

If you put a grappler or even an mma fighter in the highest level of kickboxing he aint gonna win but if you put a high level kickboxer in mma he just might win. luke is on some bullshit. just anothe zuffa zombie fagot

Yeah MAX and WGP are both fucking awesome in their own, almost polar opposite way. One's about power, knockouts, and borderline brutality, and the other is about speed, combos, and smaller fine tuning. Some MMA guys do well in WGP because they have the knockout power, and sometimes guys just land. In MAX, I don't know if I've ever seen an MMA guy do well. I don't think there are really even any than would do alright in MAX, or any 70kg division. Aldo and maybe KJ are the only ones I'd wanna see try... and I'm almost positive they'd get very one sidedly smashed.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:
Team Juice wrote:K-1 max is better than the grand prix! Dudes is way more technical and skilled. heavyweights all about power. Dont get me wrong its the sick as fuck. Spong is sick saki is sick badr, overeem ,Mr K-1 but me personally i like max better shit always has my eyebrows burning off everytime i watch it.

Yeah MAX and WGP are both fucking awesome in their own, almost polar opposite way. One's about power, knockouts, and borderline brutality, and the other is about speed, combos, and smaller fine tuning. Some MMA guys do well in WGP because they have the knockout power, and sometimes guys just land. In MAX, I don't know if I've ever seen an MMA guy do well. I don't think there are really even any than would do alright in MAX, or any 70kg division. Aldo and maybe KJ are the only ones I'd wanna see try... and I'm almost positive they'd get very one sidedly smashed.
Genki Sudo and KID did well... okay.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 1:00 pm

KID knocked down Masato. Aside from him and Genki, no one that I can recall did any good..hmmmm JZ?

KJ would get leg kicked to death
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Tue May 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Mork is 6-2 in K-1 MAX
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue May 24, 2011 1:27 pm

hhhmmm thats a tough one both are classic and both are crowning achievements for each fighter. the first one being buakaws first max title and the second being masatos revenge for the first loss. idk bro obviously buakaw was on fire in the first and masato was on fire in the second fight. i guess its up to who you like if you like buakaw then you'd pick the first but if you like masato you'd pick the second. i like em both both there both sick in there own way. although masato is like the japanese ali. im reviewing my max dvds as we speak i'll be back with my answer after i puff this bowl.

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue May 24, 2011 1:27 pm

dida does alright in the max

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue May 24, 2011 1:28 pm

but he's also an example that mma fighters arent on the same level striking wise

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Very Happy Fair enough, Im a huge Masato fans and a lot of the guys here like to talk smack about it.

I love MAX, not sure if they are going to have a tournament this year but the upcoming Its Showtime 70 KG tournament is the next best thing. Who you got taking it?
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue May 24, 2011 1:39 pm

That pretty boy with substandard kicks got lucky in the Buakaw rematch.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue May 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Ok bro after an intensive analysis my eyebrows and wig piece have been thoroughly synched. i look like arnold in terminator 1 after the car explodes. Ok the first fight buakaw is on fire! one of his finest preformances ive seen. masato was a little to beat up from the semi final match to heat up they way he needed to. Still both are just so on point! Masatos 2nd round flurry was ill. But he couldnt maintain it to win. If he did things might have been different buakaw's kicking was beautiful. i dream at night my kicking was as ill as that. that and his knees were to much for masato. 2nd fight its the opposite masato comes out flaming! his boxing was to sharp for buakaw and his cunning and wit was razor sharp at that moment making the difference that night. destiny.

thats what it comes down to with those 2 hands vs legs buakaws razor sharp kicks and knees and masatos mathematical boxing. 2 legends. i cant diss either man there both fucking bad. masato is one of the sickest japanese fighters ive ever seen and one of the most unique. i can tell from his boxing style that he studied a lot of muhammad ali and thats what he reminds me of a japanese muhammad ali. his kicks are cool its the way he uses em that makes em work.

The its showtime tournament is pure fire homie idk who the hells gonna win that shit. its like staring straight into the sun. probly petrosyan. i like Artur Kyshenko that foos fucking bad. always laser beam shit even when he looses he still shows me a little something to get me hyped and training hard. idk thats just me though

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 2:51 pm

In the 2nd fight Buakaw's clinch knees were pretty much gone from the rule change. Masato was on fire with the hands though
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2