Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will he save us from Petrosyan?

+5
glassjaw890
Nycto Da 6'0
bfnick
Fletch
StillWill
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will he save us from Petrosyan? Empty Will he save us from Petrosyan?

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

Will he save us from Petrosyan? Svtd0w

I believe.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Will he save us from Petrosyan? Empty Re: Will he save us from Petrosyan?

Post by Fletch Sun May 22, 2011 10:42 am

lol

No he wont. A great fighter, but his best days are behind him imo...
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 10:50 am

Not true! Dont forget he is only 28 years old. He recently lit up baby badr and sato!

We will see at this years Its Showtime 70 kg tournament.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun May 22, 2011 11:22 am

Wills, I feel you and I'm a biased bastard too, but while Petro has been looking perfect, Souwer recently had a losing streak. Was it 0-3?

He's not the man to topple him. He's one of the elites of the previous generation - look to the future for the man to end Petrosyan's reign
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 11:26 am

No he is 6-2 in his last 8! Yes he had a SD against Imada (schocker) and then lost to a spanish fighter in spain (I heard it was a robbery).

anyways he recently beat Pajonsuk, Aussie and Sato, I think he still has it. He seemed fired up again in an AFAV promo I saw.

As for the future who could stop Petro? Roosmalen? Holzken?

Sad

Also I wish there was more people besides the two of us to talk any kickboxing below heavyweight with,...
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Sun May 22, 2011 12:00 pm

I pray to the lord that Souwer will dominate the 70 max weightclass once again,he has fought him in the past,he's experienced and he looks awesome
lately.I wouldnt be completely surprised if he beat petro
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun May 22, 2011 12:52 pm

StillWill wrote:No he is 6-2 in his last 8! Yes he had a SD against Imada (schocker) and then lost to a spanish fighter in spain (I heard it was a robbery).

anyways he recently beat Pajonsuk, Aussie and Sato, I think he still has it. He seemed fired up again in an AFAV promo I saw.

Sad

Watson Very Happy

I dont know to be honest, but if Petro ever left K-1 rules there would be a multitude of tough fights for him. I'll compile a quick list of potential tough fights in Muay Thai for Petro; Yodsanklai Fairtex, Cosmo Alexandre (a scarier prospect in Full Thai rules) Jordan Watson, Evgeni Gvozdev, Buakaw Por Pramuk, Yongsanan Fairtex, Sudsakorn (only fights 3lbs lower), David Pacquette, Craig Jose, Johmod Kiatadisak (though he is now 40 or so), Vuyusille Collosa, John Wayne Parr (dont laugh, FTR is a different game), Lumsongkram Chuwattana, Prakaysaeng Sitoar, Alejandro Asumu Osa, Kem Sitsongpinong, Moseth Thor.Siangtiannoi, etc etc

That's a hell of a lot of good fights. The majority of them are either ranked by major sanctioning bodies, or in Thailand itself.

Am I saying they'd all beat him, or that he'd lose more than a few times? No. But most of those names mentioned would at least TEST him. He's cleaned out the K-1 / Showtime circuit, he needs fresh bodies and the world of full Muay Thai rules would provide that.

Also I wish there was more people besides the two of us to talk any kickboxing below heavyweight with,...

Sad
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sun May 22, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't wanna do the old math thing, but if he lost to Toby.... thats a fucking looooonnnngggg shot. I'm sure a bookie would give you like 15:1 on that lol.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 pm

I think he probably will lose a decision but he is the greatest challenge to Petro that Petro will ever face...
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sun May 22, 2011 2:33 pm

^^^ can't tell if serious
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by glassjaw890 Sun May 22, 2011 2:40 pm

No, for once in my TT life, I am serious Nycto. Yeah he's hit the skids somewhat lately, but he's been fighting professional since he was 16. It's got to be a little bit of a grind to him at this point. He has won EVERY SINGLE elite honor in the sport of kickboxing... Souwer is the man! The thing about him though, is that his recent fights are won and lost inside of his own head. Nobody ever knows if he is motivated, or which Souwer will show up on fight night. If he was as motivated to fight Petro as he was for Aussie, than I would say that kickboxing fans were in for quite a treat...
glassjaw890
glassjaw890

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:^^^ can't tell if serious
DO you have any idea who Andy Souwer is???????
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:I don't wanna do the old math thing, but if he lost to Toby.... thats a fucking looooonnnngggg shot. I'm sure a bookie would give you like 15:1 on that lol.
In Souwer/Petrosyan I either fighter could have won. Hardly 15:1
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sun May 22, 2011 3:52 pm

He lost to Toby in Shootboxing due to throws. He would not lose to Toby under K-1 rules, no chance.

Souwer is a tough test for Petro, but one he's passed twice before. I think Petrosyan's biggest challenge under K-1 rules is Buakaw.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Andy Dufresne wrote:
StillWill wrote:No he is 6-2 in his last 8! Yes he had a SD against Imada (schocker) and then lost to a spanish fighter in spain (I heard it was a robbery).

Sad

Watson Very Happy

I dont know to be honest, but if Petro ever left K-1 rules there would be a multitude of tough fights for him. I'll compile a quick list of potential tough fights in Muay Thai for Petro; Yodsanklai Fairtex, Cosmo Alexandre (a scarier prospect in Full Thai rules) Jordan Watson, Evgeni Gvozdev, Buakaw Por Pramuk, Yongsanan Fairtex, Sudsakorn (only fights 3lbs lower), David Pacquette, Craig Jose, Johmod Kiatadisak (though he is now 40 or so), Vuyusille Collosa, John Wayne Parr (dont laugh, FTR is a different game), Lumsongkram Chuwattana, Prakaysaeng Sitoar, Alejandro Asumu Osa, Kem Sitsongpinong, Moseth Thor.Siangtiannoi, etc etc

That's a hell of a lot of good fights. The majority of them are either ranked by major sanctioning bodies, or in Thailand itself.

Am I saying they'd all beat him, or that he'd lose more than a few times? No. But most of those names mentioned would at least TEST him. He's cleaned out the K-1 / Showtime circuit, he needs fresh bodies and the world of full Muay Thai rules would provide that.

Sad

Alright Fletchy and Will, what fights of these guys that I have bolded do you suggest I watch to introduce me to them? Also, any other guys who aren't mainstays in It's Showtime or K-1 that I should catch up on?
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 3:56 pm

^^Agreed Dono, but I have heard rumours that Buakaw is going to come back to K-1 in the 63 kilogram division, anyways for sure both souwer and petrosyan are in the upcoming its showtime tourney (along with Artur, Ngimbi, Sato, and some others), tournament of the year
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 3:58 pm

You have to ask Fletcher on those, I dont follow FTR as much, you unbolded all the ones I could go on about Very Happy

I do catch a few thai shows tho, let me see if i have footage on any of them
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Sun May 22, 2011 4:01 pm

StillWill wrote:^^Agreed Dono, but I have heard rumours that Buakaw is going to come back to K-1 in the 63 kilogram division, anyways for sure both souwer and petrosyan are in the upcoming its showtime tourney (along with Artur, Ngimbi, Sato, and some others), tournament of the year

Yeah, that tournament is going to be amazing. I want Kyshenko vs Pero, badly.

StillWill wrote:You have to ask Fletcher on those, I dont follow FTR as much, you unbolded all the ones I could go on about Very Happy

I do catch a few thai shows tho, let me see if i have footage on any of them

I know about them! And some of the guys who fight in FTR in Aussieland.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Sun May 22, 2011 4:13 pm

The Imada loss means nothing imo. Toby only won because of throws, which wouldn't count for shit under K-1 rules. I don't think Souwer would ever beat Petro again. Petro's already seen him twice and by the third time he'd know him inside out

Souwer's loss to Roqueni was legit. Souwer couldn't get anything going and he got knocked down once. Roqueni is a really underrated guy, mainly because he's never fought in big shows. He's fighting Gago Drago on June 18 for It's Showtime in Madrid and he'll prob win
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sun May 22, 2011 4:18 pm

The Donoreem wrote:Alright Fletchy and Will, what fights of these guys that I have bolded do you suggest I watch to introduce me to them? Also, any other guys who aren't mainstays in It's Showtime or K-1 that I should catch up on?

If you got more than a handful of fights on a lot of those guys you bolded - not counting guys like Yodsanklai, Watson, JWP who have international names - then feel free to share them with me, Dono Very Happy

Some of those Thais simply dont have many fights online. They are ranked in Thailand (i.e. the elites at 70kg) and the others are ranked in Europe.

Using Jordan as an example - his biggest fights against Yodsanklai, Mueller and Buakaw are up on youtube, as are a few others, and many of his domestic fights in Leeds and the rest of England are available on the event DVDs. Probably the same with Craig Jose and Pacquette (the other two big names from England at 70kg) and the European fighters. The Thais? A lot more difficult to find footage. I just go on rankings and who is Lumpini or Rajadamnern stadium champions or top contenders.

I will say though, dig around and you'll probably find a few gems.

Try this site mate
http://thaiboxingtube.com/
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Sun May 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Legendary, I'll check that site out. Looks good from the front page alone
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sun May 22, 2011 4:52 pm

"THe place that is not named" is shit for kickboxing. I have access to a certain russian tracker which has waaay more kick/thai boxing from throughout europe and the world. Ill check if I have any invites
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 am

StillWill wrote:"THe place that is not named" is shit for kickboxing. I have access to a certain russian tracker which has waaay more kick/thai boxing from throughout europe and the world. Ill check if I have any invites

My account at .ru got disabled by admin for some reason. This ever happen to you? I have no idea why.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 am

what was your ratio?
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Mon May 23, 2011 6:04 am

I think I only downloaded one thing off of there?

By the way, what do you use to seed? I use the tracker, and leave them seeding for like 3 weeks, and only seed like 50 mb on a 2 gb file lol.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next