Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now

+4
veprman
Soy Chingon
StillWill
gumby
8 posters

Go down

Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now Empty Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now

Post by gumby Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 am

He's scheduled to fight Cosmo at this years Oktagon in Italy (not with It's Showtime this year for some reason)
67-1-2
Dude is on a 23 fight win streak with names like:

Andy souwer x2
Yoshihiro sato
Kraus
Zambo
Kem Sitsongpeenong
Askerov
Naurepol Fairtex
stevelmans
ngimbi
pique

the list goes on.

Pretty soon there will be no one for this fucking guy to fight, and lets be honest, his loss against NPP was promoted by por pramuk gym, you can't tell me it wasn't somewhat shady.
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now Empty Re: Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now

Post by StillWill Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 am

would have loved to see him and masato have a go
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now Empty Re: Giorgio Petrosyan is the fedor of kickboxing right now

Post by Soy Chingon Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:40 am

isn't he also fighting in a tournament for It's Showtime against Chahid in May? don't think that's official but pretty sure I read somewhere
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:15 am

ALso I would like to see him rematch Zambo, thought he won that fight
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

@SW

I'm still crossing my fingers it happens within the next year or so. Masato is still young enough, they just need to come up with the money.

Soy Chingon wrote:isn't he also fighting in a tournament for It's Showtime against Chahid in May? don't think that's official but pretty sure I read somewhere

http://www.itsshowtime.nl/index.php?p=event&event_id=13

just says he's scheduled to fight chahid & 70kg title fight between ngimbi and willy borrel
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

SW i think zambo is retiring isnt he?
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:55 am

The reason he is not fighting Cosmo in It's Showtime is that Cosmo got banned from them for life.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 am

veprman wrote:The reason he is not fighting Cosmo in It's Showtime is that Cosmo got banned from them for life.

Yeah dude that was super lame of them to do that. I mean taking the title is one thing but come on its the fucking emperor's cup.

I was referring more to the fact that Oktagon is just doing the event themselves........years past has been co-promoted with IS.

I guess thats a pretty good thing though, and Italian promotion can put on a show by themselves.
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:41 am

gumby wrote:SW i think zambo is retiring isnt he?

No bro.Are u confusing him with John Wayne Parr?
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 am

..... kind of an obvious statement to make Very Happy

Petro is #1, perhaps across all combat sports. Unbelievable resume
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 am

Petrosyan is the perfect fighter IMO.He has technical,crisp
striking,he's explosive,he's fast,he's elussive and his
biggest weapon is his mind.He might be the most
intelligent fighter out there.
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Zambo gave him a lot of trouble in their fight, and it can be argued that Zambo won. But Petro is indeed a great fighter, I just wish he'd go for the finish more often against top guys.

Also, why is Cosmo banned from It's Showtime?
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Cosmo refused to give up his obligations in Japan a fortnight before an It's Showtime event

They stripped his title.... and "blacklisted him for life" from their events
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Fletch wrote:Cosmo refused to give up his obligations in Japan a fortnight before an It's Showtime event

They stripped his title.... and "blacklisted him for life" from their events

Neutral

Douchey move on their part. He isn't obligated to pick them over anyone else.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:29 pm

To be fair mate, they havent had much luck with their champions. Cosmo, plus Badr being DQ'd against Gerges, Melvin not having any contenders for the 85MAX belt, Spong winning the 95MAX then not defending it in 2yrs, Gerges being arrested before a HW defence, etc etc
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 pm

it was the emperor's cup in thailand which was like a week or two before his scheduled match.

Like i said above, if its the emperor's cup which he won in 2009, I could make some leeway. Ok, sure take away his title, but a lifetime ban is a bit much when one of your champions is competing in the biggest MT invitational there is.

E: no bfnick, i'm talking about zambo. I heard someone say he was thinking of retiring.
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Fletch wrote:To be fair mate, they havent had much luck with their champions. Cosmo, plus Badr being DQ'd against Gerges, Melvin not having any contenders for the 85MAX belt, Spong winning the 95MAX then not defending it in 2yrs, Gerges being arrested before a HW defence, etc etc

They should have paid him more, and I'm sure he'd have put a lot of thought into picking It's Showtime > the Kings Cup.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by JMMA-ALLDAY Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:53 pm

giorgio is just on another level right now
JMMA-ALLDAY
JMMA-ALLDAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down