Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18

+13
Team Juice
RBCa
StillWill
Fletch
bfnick
Buddha_Cat
Prince Mo
animalfan10
Mighty Trust Krusher
Nycto Da 6'0
Donowaman
Hollywood Dang
Soy Chingon
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18 Empty It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18

Post by Soy Chingon Mon May 23, 2011 5:19 pm

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=586:stand-up-japan-july-18-giorgio-petrosyan-vs-hinata&catid=34:demo-content

K-1's relative silence continues, although there is a rumor of K-1 MAX happening in June or July, we've seen nothing definitive yet. The recent success of the Stand Up Japan event featuring Masato and KID Yamamoto has spawned a lot of positive press and apparently another charity event coming up in July. The Japanese press is all over the main event for the event as it will be a clash between Europe and Japan.

Japanese press have dubbed it "It's Showtime Japan vs. REBELS" with the main event being Giorgio Petrosyan vs. HINATA. Both men are at the top of the heap in the 70kg weight class. Petrosyan is currently the man to beat at 70kg, looking utterly unstoppable with two K-1 World MAX Championships in his possession. At the It's Showtime Lyon press conference Petrosyan mentioned that K-1 has still yet to pay him for his backpay, so there is a slim chance outside of K-1 making it up to Petrosyan, and if they actually have an event, that we'll see him competiing for them again.

So this should be considered a rare appearance in Japan for Petrosyan, against the top Japanese 70kg fighter outside of Yoshihiro Sato. There is talk of European Fighting Network and It's Showtime being more involved with the event, so stay tuned for more news regarding this event.

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=588:its-showtime-establishes-its-showtime-japan&catid=34:demo-content

As I alluded to earlier, It's Showtime and REBELS are set to work together on July 18th in an event promoted by Stand Up Japan! The main event is set to be Giorgio Petrosyan vs. HINATA, which is one of the biggest non-K-1 MAX or Shootboxing fights Japan has seen in quite a while. There was talk of It's Showtime and the European Fighting Network establishing "It's Showtime Japan" in Japan, along with REBELS and a few other big names in Japan, but I didn't want to talk about it until I was sure (my Japanese only goes so far).

Nightmare of Battle did the honors of translating it, and it looks like It's Showtime Japan is a venture between It's Showtime's partners (It's Showtime and European Fighting Network), Japanese Martial Arts Directors (JMD) and REBELS. Together they have incorporated It's Showtime Japan, which will run it's first show next Spring. It will be a public company with Japanese kickboxer Toshio Fujiwara as the representative director.

It's Showtime Japan will establish eight weight classes, which will all have their set of rankings and help broaden the talent pool for It's Showtime's World Championships. Those weight classes are 61kg, 65kg, 70kg, 73kg, 77kg, 85kg, 95kg and Heavyweight.

The July show, main-evented by Petrosyan and HINATA will be "It's Showtime Japan Countdown-1" -- promoted by Stand Up Japan! and It's Showtime Japan, it will not be an It's Showtime event proper, instead part of a charity event and the first in a series of "countdown" shows leading into the debut of It's Showtime in Japan. Needless to say, It's Showtime has declared war on K-1 by moving into their home turf and working with one of the only kickboxing organizations that they aren't actively involved with, we'll see how this plays out.

Huge move for It's Showtime. Moving into K-1's turf
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18 Empty Re: It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18

Post by Hollywood Dang Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 pm

I'm sure FEG won't like that.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang
Cantonese from the Hood

Back to top Go down

It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18 Empty Re: It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18

Post by Donowaman Tue May 24, 2011 1:36 am

Hollywood Dang wrote:I'm sure FEG won't like that.

What are their poor asses going to do?
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Tue May 24, 2011 2:31 am

I've heard that non japanese can never do well in Japan. Hope that isn't true in this case.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Trust Krusher Tue May 24, 2011 4:39 am

Donowaman wrote:

lol so true.

if they haven't done anything yet, I don't see why they would do anything now or into the future. Even though I was looking forward to the Minus 63 World GP that was supposedly going down this year...

It sucks to say but I hope It's Showtime deals the death blow to K-1 within the next two years or at least just absorb them for the ultimate kickboxing organization.
Mighty Trust Krusher
Mighty Trust Krusher

https://www.facebook.com/RonSartin

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 am

That bullshit that he is still yet to be paid...

I love k1 but god damn get your shit together and pay the fighters

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 5:36 am

It's Showtime is working together with Stand Up Japan! for the upcoming countdown event so it's not like they're just going in by themselves
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Mo Tue May 24, 2011 5:45 am

It's ShowTime never go in solo.. thats why they aint gone north America yet..

they promoted alongside Kader Marouf for Lyon France and thats their business model
Prince Mo
Prince Mo
Going Straight For The Kill

Back to top Go down

Post by Buddha_Cat Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 am

I wonder what Tani will have to say about this.

Buddha_Cat
Buddha_Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 24, 2011 6:39 am

k-1 might have the fighters,the balls and the money but they luck the
atmosphere,vibe and production of K-1
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 6:57 am

bfnick wrote:k-1 might have the fighters,the balls and the money but they luck the
atmosphere,vibe and production of K-1

K-1 lacks the weight classes and number of shows also. Last year we saw like..7 televised shows? It's Showtime already has 6 this year up til June. That and I just hate how a lot of people view K-1 as all of kickboxing. If it wasn't for It's Showtime, how many people would know about great fighters like Karim Bennoui, Danyo Ilunga or Sahak Parparyan? I'd much rather see guys like Mourad Bouzidi or Braddock Silva fight than Jaideep or Yokohama Gangsta Takumi Sato or better yet Yong Soo Park.

A lot of people act like K-1 is the be all end all of kickboxing when it's simply not true. Not saying you or anyone here is like that but take a look at Sherdog's kickboxing forums and it's like a lot of people think K-1 is the only kickboxing out there.

Diversity is great for kickboxing. We've got It's Showtime, United Glory, Fight Code and Super Kombat putting on great shows with world class fighters
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Tue May 24, 2011 7:01 am

I know 70kg, and smaller weight classes (than 100) have talent all over, but is there some place where the Big guys hide? Like are their full-thai rules guys that weigh 260 pounds who don't fight in the K-1 WGP?
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 7:15 am

Nycto Da 6'0 wrote:I know 70kg, and smaller weight classes (than 100) have talent all over, but is there some place where the Big guys hide? Like are their full-thai rules guys that weigh 260 pounds who don't fight in the K-1 WGP?

Not really. As far as heavyweights, it's obviously the most shallow division and K-1 gathers up most of the best. The thing I don't like about how K-1 does heavyweights though is for their qualifying GPs and extra fights, they don't really choose get the rest of the best guys. When a guy like Jaideep can win one of your qualifying GPs, it shows how poor that it was. Jaideep is by no means a top heavyweight and I think he'd get crushed by guys like Braddock Silva and Mourad Bouzidi and even by guys like Roman Kleibl or Tomas Hron.

But yeah as far as heavyweights go, there's not that much. K-1 gets most of the top guys there
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue May 24, 2011 7:36 am

K-1 qualifying system is ok,u have to blame the local promoters
if they feel up a K-1 event with cans.K-1 was not randomly considered
the best of the best.As far as the things u said above I agree that all
those kickboxing promotions and weightclasess etc.I just dont think
that they canreach the K-1 atmosphere and production,it's like comparing
UFC to Pride
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 am

Donowaman wrote:

cheers

FEGots getting bitchslapped right about now

Orange Pride World Wide homie... viva le Oranje

It's Showtime Establishes It's Showtime Japan +Giorgio Petrosyan vs Hinata July 18 NetherlandsFlag
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 24, 2011 11:36 am

I think Its Showtime is making a brilliant move by stressing multiple weight classes.

It really is kinda dumb to just have two. Although it makes sense given K-1s Origin as an openweight tournament, and then they basiclaly just made MAX for Masato as an opportunity to make some cash after seeing him fight elsewhere.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Soy Chingon Tue May 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Yeah that's the thing. K-1 basically being the face of kickboxing and only having two weight classes left a whole lot of great fighters as unknowns or not as good as they could be because they had to move up and fight way bigger guys or drain themselves down to 70kg to get the big money.

If it weren't for K-1 only having two weight classes, I wonder if Spong would've ever moved up to heavyweight
Soy Chingon
Soy Chingon

Back to top Go down

Post by RBCa Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Soy Chingon wrote:Yeah that's the thing. K-1 basically being the face of kickboxing and only having two weight classes left a whole lot of great fighters as unknowns or not as good as they could be because they had to move up and fight way bigger guys or drain themselves down to 70kg to get the big money.

If it weren't for K-1 only having two weight classes, I wonder if Spong would've ever moved up to heavyweight
To me, Spong seems like a guy that loves challenges. I think the money, and the prestige of a WGP title both had influence on that weight jump.
RBCa
RBCa

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue May 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Well he cleaned out all the weight divisions really, except for Carnage but I would still take Spong in a rematch.

Would have been cool to see him go into boxing with Mayweather.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Juice Tue May 24, 2011 2:50 pm

if K-1 goes under shit will get wack we need k-1 and its showtime to be the biggest in the world along with united glory on the come up those 3 right there are to sick.

Team Juice

Back to top Go down

Post by juggalo Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 am

well if showtime can do a show in japan then kudos to them
juggalo
juggalo

Back to top Go down

Post by animalfan10 Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Less than 2 weeks away...Will their be a stream for this?

animalfan10

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 am

THere is always an official its showtime stream... costs 10 $ but it is great quality
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by IQ Wrestler Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 am

I legit hope Petro dies, Souwer will beat him this time
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler
Kick•Submission•Suplex

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:33 am

StillWill wrote:THere is always an official its showtime stream... costs 10 $ but it is great quality

LIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN FOR ONLY 10 EURO!!
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next