Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!!

+3
goddamnsleepingpill
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Fletch
7 posters

Go down

It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!! Empty It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!!

Post by Fletch Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:21 am

Sounds great!

I used to be a major Remy fan... kinda fell off a bit after Leko/Remy II, plus I feel Manhoef/Remy II was a robbery... but still, Remy is a quality, quality fighter, and I bet the documentary is a great one.

Guess he's got one more fight left in him, for Showtime. Maybe Badr? I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for Remy/Hoef III, or Remy/Leko IV Laughing
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!! Empty Re: It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!!

Post by Santiago_legit_top_20_MW Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:41 am

i dont get why people hate remy, so what if he never uses his hands, he still manages to knock mother fuckers out
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW
Santiago_legit_top_20_MW

Back to top Go down

It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!! Empty Re: It's Showtime making REMY BONJASKY documentary!!!

Post by Fletch Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:09 am

I dont hate him - as I said, I was a MAJOR fan. I just kinda coolled a little bit after the Leko rematch, and then with my other favourite Manhoef getting robbed..... then him kinda play acting a bit in the 08 final... I still like him, just not a rabid hardcore anymore.

Seriously though, Remy is top notch. His kicks are some of the best I've ever seen, his legs are God-given
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by goddamnsleepingpill Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:11 am

remy is the most underappreciated GREAT ever. the guy is a top 4 k1 figher of all time, there is no denying his place in history. I always find his fights exciting, he has some of the best standing defense in the world. remy is a solid fighter and an all time great. He seems like a real gentleman too, outside of his acting roles of course :p.
goddamnsleepingpill
goddamnsleepingpill

Back to top Go down

Post by veprman Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 am

Awesome!

If he fights Badr he will go blind.
veprman
veprman

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 am

I have nothing but love for Remy,even though there were some
moments in his carrer where he got the Asian treatment(u know what I mean)
And yes I agree that Remy is a top kicker.

Just imagine Leko boxing+Remy kicks....WOW
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 am

Fletch Remy and Manhoef fought 3 times. I also felt number THREE was a robbery! Their first fight is from a very long time ago.. i have all three of them on my computer
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:14 am

Mike Passenier said onco to Schiavello that Manhoef knocked out
Remy in practice once
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Remy has the most aesthetically pleasing striking to me. I love the bouncy MT stance with the flying kicks that break dreams.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03 am

bfnick wrote:
Just imagine Leko boxing+Remy kicks....WOW

That fighter would be unstoppable, regardless of size. I aint even exaggerating.

I loved the first two Remy/Leko fights... even though the second was kinda ruined Smile it's great when a superior boxer meets a superior kicker, especially when they have a well rounded game too and are skill based, not size.

The only thing I didn't like was the bad blood going in for the 2nd and 3rd fights. Remy said Leko was 'only a boxer with a quick 1-2, and a spinning back kick'. I'm thinking "hang on - didn't he thorougly outclass you in 2002? And you won the WGP twice in the two years Leko was exiled for?" Then what happened, happened... I think that's when I started liking Leko and Manhoef more than Remy, cos prior to 2006 he was pretty much my favourite in K-1.

------
@Will - I've only seen Hoef being sparked out cold, and then Hoef outpointing Remy in 2008 and getting robbed. Not seen an early fight, I thought there were two. Either way, the 2008 Grand Prix fight between them was robbery.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:56 am

Yeah there first fight was from a LONG time ago. Remy won by decision. Close fight tho.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down