Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got?

+15
The Last Emperor
Nox J Dellucca
rcv604
Strieth
Brock Landers
JediMind
Wisdom Blows
CanadianAssault
DogKrapFace
London Calling
Fletch
OhNoes
Donowaman
RoyCisneros
Jride
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who you got?

Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? I_vote_lcap50%Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 13 ]
Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? I_vote_lcap50%Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 26

Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? Empty Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got?

Post by Jride Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? Tyson_ali_1
Jride
Jride
Business As Usual

Back to top Go down

Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? Empty Re: Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got?

Post by RoyCisneros Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:01 am

has anyone ever seen the film facing ali?
RoyCisneros
RoyCisneros

Back to top Go down

Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? Empty Re: Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got?

Post by Donowaman Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:06 am

RoyCisneros wrote:has anyone ever seen the film facing ali?

Yeah.

The ending made me tear up a bit.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by OhNoes Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:52 pm

LOL Who has Tyson beaten? theres a reason why Ali is considered the best Heavyweight, he fought the best of his time and has faced incredible punchers. Tyson had no heart and folds when his opponent could take his hits and werent afraid of him. Ali could get caught early because he did get hit a lot more then he should but he did get back up from a Joe Frazier left hook and Big George even landed a few good shots on him. Ali would outbox and break Tyson.
OhNoes
OhNoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 pm

OhNoes wrote:LOL Who has Tyson beaten? theres a reason why Ali is considered the best Heavyweight, he fought the best of his time and has faced incredible punchers. Tyson had no heart and folds when his opponent could take his hits and werent afraid of him. Ali could get caught early because he did get hit a lot more then he should but he did get back up from a Joe Frazier left hook and Big George even landed a few good shots on him. Ali would outbox and break Tyson.

Harshly put.... but agreed. Every decent opponent who weathered the early onslaught beat Tyson (Holyfield, Douglas, Lewis)

Lennox Lewis would destroy any heavyweight boxer who ever lived.... he made two mistakes in an otherwise perfect career, and avenged both decisively. He is the Man
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by OhNoes Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

didnt you hear? Tyson beat Spinks and old Holmes, he is one of the best. Neutral
OhNoes
OhNoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Don't forget Razor Ruddock and Bruce Seldon.... plus he's frightening and makes for a great story in the papers.... Lewis and Holyfield got lucky imo Neutral
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 am

I think Tyson stylistically is a bad matchup for Ali, though Tyson would probably be beaten mentally before he walked into the ring.
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyCisneros Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:04 am

I've got Tyson.
RoyCisneros
RoyCisneros

Back to top Go down

Post by DogKrapFace Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:31 am

AO were talkin about PRIME Mike Tyson here, thats before he got locked up. And before he got locked up, noone could touch tyson. His power was unmatched, he hit guys and they just wilted. You could see the look in thier eyes they were fuckin scared shitless to get hit by tyson. If Ali hit you without gloves, he would knock you out, if Tyson hit you without gloves, he would break your fuckin head, crack your skull and they you would die. Sorry but a PRIME Mike Tyson, would probably KO Ali in the first round. A prime Tyson is the ONLY guy who could do it to Ali in my opinion. Other than Tyson, Ali=GOAT
DogKrapFace
DogKrapFace

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:57 pm

DogKrapFace wrote:AO were talkin about PRIME Mike Tyson here, thats before he got locked up. And before he got locked up, noone could touch tyson. His power was unmatched, he hit guys and they just wilted. You could see the look in thier eyes they were fuckin scared shitless to get hit by tyson. If Ali hit you without gloves, he would knock you out, if Tyson hit you without gloves, he would break your fuckin head, crack your skull and they you would die. Sorry but a PRIME Mike Tyson, would probably KO Ali in the first round. A prime Tyson is the ONLY guy who could do it to Ali in my opinion. Other than Tyson, Ali=GOAT
edit: The whole before prison thing is much more legitimate when talking about Ali before he dodged the draft and couldnt fight for 3 years, because at least before that he hadnt lost to someone like Buster Douglas. He had been knocked down but he had always come back to win at that point in his career, the only fight he didnt look great in was probably vs Cooper.

Bums took a prime Tyson 5+ rounds and Ali couldnt manage one?

here's my top twenty heavyweights as an aside in order:

Joe Louis
Muhammed Ali
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Larry Holmes
Joe Frazier
Lennox Lewis
Evander Holyfield
Mike Tyson
Rocky Marciano
Jack Dempsey
Ezzard Charles
Gene Tunney
Riddick Bowe
Floyd Patterson
Vitali Klitschko
Wladimir Klitschko
Billy Conn
Archie Moore
Ken Norton
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 am

Any heavyweights list without Lennox Lewis in the top 2 is biased by American propaganda.

Lennox is arguably the HW GOAT. Olympic champion, beat every man he ever faced, 2 shock losses that were both avenged, beat every young contender, old veteran, fellow champ and legend alike in his generation, and dominated the division for his entire era - early 90s to the early 00s.

Please don't try and discredit and pick that apart either - I could do the same to other boxers, and it's just a negative thing to do.
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:22 am

1fletch wrote:Any heavyweights list without Lennox Lewis in the top 2 is biased by American propaganda.

Lennox is arguably the HW GOAT. Olympic champion, beat every man he ever faced, 2 shock losses that were both avenged, beat every young contender, old veteran, fellow champ and legend alike in his generation, and dominated the division for his entire era - early 90s to the early 00s.

Please don't try and discredit and pick that apart either - I could do the same to other boxers, and it's just a negative thing to do.

Any heavyweight list with Lennox Lewis in the top 10 is biased by UK propaganda.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:22 am

my list was more about how I perceived their actual fighting ability rather than just achievements fyi
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianAssault Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Ali Would win.
Ali had Reach and could dance for a few round leting mike chasing him and mike would of gotten tried and ali would win.
CanadianAssault
CanadianAssault
Gnarly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom Blows Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:46 pm

ali.

had a stone beard, was also blindingly fast, and was a better BOXER than tyson.
Wisdom Blows
Wisdom Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by JediMind Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Ali..no question.

And being from Philly, I gotta say I think Smokin Joe Frazier could have whupped him too.... (well maybe not, but I gotta hold Philly down on here)
JediMind
JediMind
verbal assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donowaman Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:24 pm

I think anyone who says Tyson is a bit odd.

Or was born in the 90/2000's and their favorite MMA fighter is Brock Lesnar.
Donowaman
Donowaman
Megaton Champiion

Back to top Go down

Post by London Calling Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Frazier basically won their third fight in my book JediMind
London Calling
London Calling
London Calling

Back to top Go down

Post by JediMind Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:11 am

I hear ya, LC. I concur.
JediMind
JediMind
verbal assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Landers Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:08 pm

I got my boy from Louisville Very Happy
Brock Landers
Brock Landers

Back to top Go down

Post by Strieth Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:27 pm

I dunno. If Tyson's original trainer never died and he never got in all the bullshit he got in and had a stronger division to motivate him to train for, Tyson would've mopped the floor with any Heavyweight Boxer.

Strieth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:27 am

Strieth wrote:I dunno. If Tyson's original trainer never died and he never got in all the bullshit he got in and had a stronger division to motivate him to train for, Tyson would've mopped the floor with any Heavyweight Boxer.

Shame he paid Lennox Lewis to step aside in the 90s, then ducked him....

He only fought him in 2002 because there was no other way he could win a major belt / reclaim his legacy post-Holyfield I & II.

Lewis would have beaten ANY heavyweight in history.... fact. Don't let the US propaganda fool you, kids....
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by rcv604 Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:12 am

CanadianAssault wrote:Ali Would win.
Ali had Reach and could dance for a few round leting mike chasing him and mike would of gotten tried and ali would win.

Straight to the point I like that. As much as I love Iron Mike, that's pretty much how it would be.
rcv604
rcv604
Ryan Ventura

http://www.lowkick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nox J Dellucca Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:01 pm

goin with prime tyson Prime Tyson vs Prime Ali.. Who ya got? 764716
Nox J Dellucca
Nox J Dellucca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next