Team Takeover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history

+3
StillWill
Nycto Da 6'0
Fletch
7 posters

Go down

Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history Empty Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history

Post by Fletch Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:16 am

And perhaps even any Muay Thai fighter at 70kg too. It's not like he's never fought full MT rules.

Hippolyte, Kraus, Buakaw, Masato, JWP, Souwer, Kyshenko, Zambidis, Sato..... not one can beat him.

afro
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history Empty Re: Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history

Post by Nycto Da 6'0 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 pm

He's quite amazing.
Nycto Da 6'0
Nycto Da 6'0

Back to top Go down

Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history Empty Re: Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history

Post by StillWill Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Masato would beat him
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

https://www.youtube.com/user/StillW1ll

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:49 pm

StillWill wrote:Masato would beat him

I disagree
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 am

StillWill wrote:Masato would beat him

Put aside your bias and realise that he probably wouldn't.

Masato is perhaps my favourite MAX / 70kg fighter, but I really could not justify calling it. Petro via slip, counter and body/leg kick, ALL DAY
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 am

He probably wouldnt but he could. Via beautiful combinations Laughing
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:43 am

Outvoted 2-1 by your fellow Blitz brothers Razz

I think if Masato came out of retirement to face him, it would be the most anticipated and exciting fight for Petro out there. But part of me wants Masato to stay retired, so that people (like you) will forever say, "Masato at his best couldn't be beaten in the MAX!"

I love all them guys. Apart from Sato and Kraus... never really became a major fan of them Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history 438321
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:56 am

Fletch wrote:Outvoted 2-1 by your fellow Blitz brothers Razz

I think if Masato came out of retirement to face him, it would be the most anticipated and exciting fight for Petro out there. But part of me wants Masato to stay retired, so that people (like you) will forever say, "Masato at his best couldn't be beaten in the MAX!"

I love all them guys. Apart from Sato and Kraus... never really became a major fan of them Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history 438321
Let me have my fantasies Razz

In seriousness, It is hard to picture Masato losing in a fight that isn't in tournament format. Then again nobody has looked as unstoppable and technically proficient in all areas as Petrosoyan, which is saying a lot since 70 kg is the epitome of technique in K-1. Do I favor Masatos chances? Not really, but if he can impose his game like he did vs Buakaw the second time around he could pull it off. It would be the most anticipated fight in the 70 KG for sure, and K-1 is the only place a fight that big could take place. Anything less than 5 rounder would be an injustice to us all.

In the meantime it would be nice to see Buakaw and Petro have another go at it, and a Zambo rematch has some attraction to it.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Fletch Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:04 am

Haha, fair enough mate.

I don't think Buakaw has it in him to beat Petro anymore (he had a claim to doing so in their draw). Even though Buakaw must only be 27 or 28 now, so not even in his athletic prime yet (scary as that sounds) I have been underwhelmed by him in the last couple of years... not least last May when a lad I've smoked weed with in Leeds almost beat the guy we thought was an unstoppable kicking machine from Thailand!

Watch Buakaw rape Masato in 2004, then watch Masato soundly outbox him three years later, and watch some of the recent displays of Buakaw. He's not what he was. And what he was is exactly what he needs to be to beat Petrosyan.

Zambidis was robbed out of an extra round, not robbed out of the fight itself though. Lets be real, Petro dominated him in two rounds, and got a borderline knockdown in round 2 which would have gotten Zambo an extra. The ref didnt give it.

But Petro would have raped him in rd4 anyway. I love Zambo, but he was outclassed for 7 of the 9 minutes they fought for
Fletch
Fletch
Champagne Supernova

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history K1_091026k1max-11-petrosyan-masato
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by gumby Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

masato wants nothing to do with petro....

even prime masato with great handwork gets countered.........petro has one of the best weapons ever for a lefty.........rear leg low kick, yod fucked up a lot of his opponents with that when they tried to box him up...

just my 2 c
gumby
gumby
The Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 pm

gumby wrote:masato wants nothing to do with petro....

even prime masato with great handwork gets countered.........petro has one of the best weapons ever for a lefty.........rear leg low kick, yod fucked up a lot of his opponents with that when they tried to box him up...

just my 2 c
Petrosyan would beat any great in K-3 and K-1 MAX history Masato
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 pm

I would love to see Giorgio outclass Masato too.
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Jcq126 Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:04 pm

As much as I enjoy Masato's fights, Giorgio would molest him for 3 rounds in the Max ring.
Jcq126
Jcq126

Back to top Go down

Post by StillWill Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:07 pm

If by some miracle this fight actually happens I am going to gloat severely to the FILTHY LOT of you when Masato wins.
StillWill
StillWill
Khan's Army

Back to top Go down

Post by DW LiverKick Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:34 pm

You are the man, Will, but Masato wouldn't stand much of a chance against Petro.

Masato probably had the best hands of any Japanese Middleweight on the scene, but that is what it is. If you look at most of the successful Japanese fighters, they are incredibly kick-heavy. Masato brought that to the table on top of good hand combinations.

He was really, really good from the inside on guys with weaker clinch games, but guys with a solid clinch game he had problems.

Petrosyan is strong from the outside and when you get inside with him he is very, very hard to hit, like he is always a split second ahead of your fist.

DW LiverKick
www.LiverKick.com

http://www.LiverKick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bfnick Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 pm

StillWill wrote:If by some miracle this fight actually happens I am going to gloat severely to the FILTHY LOT of you when Masato wins.

That would be a great sig bet...
bfnick
bfnick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down